The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

January this year Benning confirmed that Tryamkin is on the reserve roster, and eligible to play here this season.

He also said that they have eyes on him regularly.

Diamond, Niks agent stated stated a few months ago that negotiations would likely be short to get him here.

Nik has openly stated recently he wishes to get back to the NHL, and admitted to a lack of maturity as a young man with us previously.

In past comments he has stated to come back to Vancouver if they need and want him.

sorry WiDeN , not going to dig around for the links.

im too excited to see him back for our push.

A3185695-024E-4C9A-94B8-885D43740529.thumb.jpeg.761450b7ea0498e516765b70301b09fd.jpeg

Thanks Sam. That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'll be selfishly hoping for a quick end to his season. It would be really nice to have him back, and he would be good to have around for when Podkolzin gets here. 

• Cheers 3

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

... soon to be realized as the smell of freedom...    Something Nik will come to understand.

I had a friend once who brought his grandpa over for a visit.  He couldn't believe you could just walk into any grocery store and just grab a steak. He wasn't comfortable here and wanted to go home. 

Some people's way of life just gets so into there system they can't change there mindset.  Hopefully Niks not one of those 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

I had a friend once who brought his grandpa over for a visit.  He couldn't believe you could just walk into any grocery store and just grab a steak. He wasn't comfortable here and wanted to go home. 

Some people's way of life just gets so into there system they can't change there mindset.  Hopefully Niks not one of those 

Like in the states you can go into any 7-11 and buy a case of beer. Or corner store or gas station . I had to come home and buy my high taxed fave.

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Watched Tryamkins game yesterday two beauty hits. Everything else was pretty steady. Teams are ramping up for the playoffs there.

Hits? What are those? Are they allowed? And if so, why doesn’t anyone on our team do them?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Hits? What are those? Are they allowed? And if so, why doesn’t anyone on our team do them?

Avto's ice is smaller,  towards NHL size. But it is 'Finish' sized ice a little wider than NHL, so he will have a way easier time to hit when he gets to NHL rinks.

• Cheers 2

Just now, SilentSam said:

Might be less than that VC .

Six days til the end of KHL.. then playoffs run from March 1 to April 30.

By most accounts and probabilities by others who watch  Avtomobilist closely, they will not get past the 1st round as they are down to their 2nd or 3rd string goalie for the rest of the year.

Love to see him back by March 15.

:gocan:

I wonder if that’s why JB, even though we have 5 million in cap room right now, is not trading for Simmonds?  JB knows Tree is coming back soon, and needs to cap room.  

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if that’s why JB, even though we have 5 million in cap room right now, is not trading for Simmonds?  JB knows Tree is coming back soon, and needs to cap room.  

I do think Our D fence will change before or on the TDL (24th).

Irregardless, the eventual addition of Nik makes us stronger and better on D.. add to that Brogan Rafferty,  ....  I don’t see Tanev or Stetcher with us next season.

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Avto's ice is smaller,  towards NHL size. But it is 'Finish' sized ice a little wider than NHL, so he will have a way easier time to hit when he gets to NHL rinks.

Yeah but skating in the KHL is so much different then skating in the NHL... it might take him a few years to adapt

38 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah but skating in the KHL is so much different then skating in the NHL... it might take him a few years to adapt

Do they not skate on ice?...I’m sure they skate on ice in Russia it’s damn cold there.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

For those who are wondering when Tryamkin becomes UFA (and hence, when the Canucks no longer can claim to have his rights), the date is Jun 30, 2022.

https://puckpedia.com/salary-cap/answers/tryamkins-ufa-status

Tryamkin's UFA Status

Will the Canucks retain the rights to Nikita Tryamkin after July 1st, 2020 or does he become a UFA?

The Canucks will retain Tryamkin's rights until he reaches UFA eligibility, which for him will be summer 2022. You can check out any player's UFA eligibility at the top of their player page, here's Tryamkin's:  https://puckpedia.com/player/nikita-tryamkin 

Players are eligible for UFA status at 27 if they have not yet reached 7 accrued seasons. With an Aug 30, 1994 birthday, Tryamkin won't be 27 as of June 30 until June 30, 2022. Here is more info on UFA eligibility:   https://puckpedia.com/salary-cap/unrestricted-free-agents-ufa 

Hope this helps all those in the Canuck fanbase!!  GO CANUCKS GO!!  :towel:

• Cheers 2