The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Ryan Miller to Vancouver Thread

Lack is only one year younger than Price, Price has been a starter for a few years now.

I say Lack is ready.

He can always call up Luongo for advice - but I doubt he needs it - after all, his goalie coach is a former goalie.

The problem is that Lack isn't as talented as Price though so can't compare

Lack is only one year younger than Price, Price has been a starter for a few years now.

I say Lack is ready.

He can always call up Luongo for advice - but I doubt he needs it - after all, his goalie coach is a former goalie.

Haha comparing Lack to a phoneme like Price.... Price was also pushed out of the goaltending job in the first few years by Halak, then after the few years Price took over, does this sound familiar ?

If you want a veteran goalie to mentor Lack, then why not sign someone who wants a one year deal (Brodeur, possibly Vokoun), instead of a goalie who wants a multi-year deal and spend the money elsewhere?

Not against signing Miller, but it pretty much pointless to sign a goalie for 3-5 years, when we already have a decent one in our system, who may only take a year to become a starter.

I'd definitely prefer Brodeur, just don't know that he would want to end his career on a team that is not defined as a contender. The only reason I'm talking about Miller is because he seems like a true possibility. That said, a five year deal would be horrendous. I don't see Benning committing to that when he wants to develop his prospects.

I say Lack is ready.

Price's first two seasons he split duties with Halak, so at least he had some experience before being thrown into the starter role. It would be different for Lack. Although he played 41 games last year, he played about a quarter of those games completely mentally and physically drained and didn't help his development (in my view anyway).

Having a former goalie as a goalie coach is fine, but he is still the coach. You can't rant and bitch as much, let off steam, go for a beer, etc.

I could live with that. I'd prefer 2 years but I'm sure someone would pick him up in that last year if necessary.

Well if the report is accurate....and who knows....

They can have a declining salary contract front loaded, without a ntc. It will be no problem moving him later if need be.

So....did Miller win a cup with his last team? No? How about the one before that? No?

So....why do some people on here want him?

I want someone who can score goals not a goalie at the end of his career...

Hello???? Anyone remember some other guys the Canucks signed at the end of their careers and how well they did here? Messier? Sundin?

Good grief people.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Maybe he wants to win one here :P

I could live with that. I'd prefer 2 years but I'm sure someone would pick him up in that last year if necessary.

Yup, not bad at all. Two years splitting time with Lack until he's ready to take over, then keep him as a backup, trade, or simply buy out the last year. Still leaves us plenty of cash for Iginla or Eriksson.

The problem is that Lack isn't as talented as Price though so can't compare

Says who?

I remember all the talk when we had Luongo and Schneider of this great kid called Ediie Lack "who was probably even better than Schneider".

At least that's what a lot of people were saying back then...

Front load that sucker within cap compliance and it will be a great deal (since Canucks need to spend hard to get to the cap floor anyway).

People though that Benning didn't get enough for Garrison, but that move is what really helped allow the Canucks to land Miller. If report is true and term is correct, getting Miller plus Vey for the price of Garrison looks pretty nice.

Says who?

I remember all the talk when we had Luongo and Schneider of this great kid called Ediie Lack "who was probably even better than Schneider".

At least that's what a lot of people were saying back then...

Are you sure you want to trust what CDC was saying?

Again, I love Eddie Lack. Great temperament and good goalie. I want him to succeed here. I just think his success can be helped by splitting duties with a vet for the next year and a half before taking over the reins.

He won a cup at the age of 39 I believe Deniro :)

Saying that Vancouver of 2014-2015 is not nearly as good as Bost of 2010-2011

Never said it was.

It might be in 3 years though. You never know.

If we can recreate the Thomas/Rask tandem I'm all for it.

Archived