The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Steve Downie w/ Pens

Steve Downie is a beast. Too bad he literally has no ability to keep his cool, cause that edge he plays with is awesome for hockey - until he fights his own teammates and generally stirs up the locker room.

He has soft hands and can score 50 points(although probably will be 20~ in a third line role). I wouldn't be surprised if Downie ends up with Crosby and Malkin when they inevitably double shift their star players. He could have a massive season this year, never mind his PIMS, which i'm sure he'll have tons of opportunity to attain.

Late round fantasy stud right here.

As much as I like Dorsett, I could not help but think we could have had Downie for less cap and no draft pick. They play similar roles, but Downie has 20+ goal potential on a 3rd line. The concussions must have scared GMs away.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

As much as I like Dorsett, I could not help but think we could have had Downie for less cap and no draft pick. They play similar roles, but Downie has 20+ goal potential on a 3rd line. The concussions must have scared GMs away.

But Downie didn't play for Willie in the Hat!

But Downie didn't play for Willie in the Hat!

There is an odd feeling of familiarity amongst some of the new additions. They all seem to have the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon thing going on where had a previous relationship at one time or another. Case in point:

Trev>GMJB

Trev>Willie

GMJB>Miller

Willie>Dorsett

There is an odd feeling of familiarity amongst some of the new additions. They all seem to have the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon thing going on where had a previous relationship at one time or another. Case in point:

Trev>GMJB

Trev>Willie

GMJB>Miller

Willie>Dorsett

lol yeah its serious nepotism. Worked decently so far, but lets see how far it takes us ha.

Newly signed Penguins forward Steve Downie on protecting Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin: "I can guarantee there won't be any liberties on those players this year."

Wonder how he plans on doing that considering he is an average fighter at best.

Archived