The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite Medium/Large Dog Breeds

Zoolander

By the way I think the best dog imo if you have kids is a Standard Schnauzer. The Germans called them "kinder-watcher"

By the way Erol Flynn was mad about his standard schnauzer Arno.

Standard Schnauzer

Standard schnauzers are friendly and intelligent dogs. They're highly social, love children and generally do best in a family. They are fiercely loyal and protective and have a long history as working dogs in Europe, capable of helping with various farm-related tasks. They also make good guard dogs thanks to their territorial nature and tendency to bark at strangers. Like many intelligent breeds, the schnauzer can be strong-willed, so training should begin as early as possible to combat any stubborn streaks. This breed also possesses a lot of energy and needs to be able to burn it off with plenty of exercise.

By the way I think the best dog imo if you have kids is a Standard Schnauzer. The Germans called them "kinder-watcher"

By the way Erol Flynn was mad about his standard schnauzer Arno.

Standard Schnauzer

Standard schnauzers are friendly and intelligent dogs. They're highly social, love children and generally do best in a family. They are fiercely loyal and protective and have a long history as working dogs in Europe, capable of helping with various farm-related tasks. They also make good guard dogs thanks to their territorial nature and tendency to bark at strangers. Like many intelligent breeds, the schnauzer can be strong-willed, so training should begin as early as possible to combat any stubborn streaks. This breed also possesses a lot of energy and needs to be able to burn it off with plenty of exercise.

:( that video made me so sad.....

I have an English Mastiff crossed with a Bull Mastiff. Absolutely great dog, he is just a big baby. I have a young family with 3 kids and honestly he is a great fit. He is a 140lbs (the bull mastiff made him smaller) and he literally never misbehaves. He is good with the family and on looks alone he makes a good guard dog. I doubt he would ever do anything but he still looks intimidating. He doesn't excessively bark and the awesome thing is that it seemed he skipped the misbehaving puppy stage where dogs can chew absolutely everything and be really hyper.

I've got a black labradoodle. We also have a shitzu, and they go really, really well together. Our labradoodle is 4 1/2 years old, and extremely energetic. At the same time, after he's had his run, he's ready to relax and chill with the family for the rest of the day. Very recommended, love him to death.

I'd recommend a pit bull. Good for scaring off mailmen from delivering debt collector junk mail. Also shuts up the annoying maltese/poodle by biting it's head off. Good for teaching lessons to thieves too, just stick their hand in the dog's food dish and flail it around and watch the fireworks.

Archived