The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wedding present question

sakage.shinga

So this colleague of mine has asked to hire me to be his wedding photographer to cover both the ceremony and the reception. He will be paying me. However, I'd like to still get him a present, though I'm not sure how much I should spend.

He's not really someone I'd consider a close friend, more like a friendly co-worker that I might hang out with once or twice a year...

So the answer to OP might be, where is the reception and about how much to cover per head? You give that as a present and charge him what you normally charge for your photography services ... everything equals out.

Or, you bill him what you normally charge, say $1000 and on the receipt, list 10 or 15% off and consider the discount as your gift.

So the answer to OP might be, where is the reception and about how much to cover per head? You give that as a present and charge him what you normally charge for your photography services ... everything equals out.

Or, you bill him what you normally charge, say $1000 and on the receipt, list 10 or 15% off and consider the discount as your gift.

Haha he's not paying me $1000 that's for sure. More like $350 for the day...

He's not being cheap, that's pretty much what he can afford and I agreed...

If it was me and I'd only hang out with him once or twice a year, I wouldn't get him very much. Just enough so that he isn't insulted. I'm not gonna wow him with my gift. Maybe something relatively cheap but unique/useful so that it seems like more than it is.

Like a flashlight that's also a bottle opener?

Archived