The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, brilac said:

I love cats!  I have loved them since I was 3.  My first cat was a Siamese named Sam, and more cats after that. In the late 1990's, there was Kitty, a white Persian who loved French bread and candy. Then in 2004, there was Benji, a wild one.  I came home one day, and the crosses where bit off of the rosaries.  Then there's Sally.  Loves only me.  Back in 2006, when I was working long hours, and she brought me home a feather each day, and each night there would be a new feather on my bed, and she would wait at the end of the yard each night for me after work.  These days, she's sassier than ever! Kitty treats and morning feedings are like on demand for her! I just told her it was not kitty treat time! And those 4am feedings... It is not 4am breakfast time! She even didn't let the pet sitter in once!  I guess it was no visitor time?! And years ago we were watching a Canadiens game, we were sitting close to the tv, me in the computer chair with my feet kicked up on the tv stand, and her next to me sitting in her little red chair with her eyes glued to the screen! It was a total bonding experience!  She's my buddy!

Here's Lily

image.png.6b6efc8c9dd7bad1546453bacea97e33.png

image.png.65477d4329edab60e54d3784e518e6b1.png

image.png.5acae298b767ae713436f7da5ffb69e6.png

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Psylocke said:

I've been woken up by a cat playing in our room in the middle of the night/early morning before.

When you have a cat that's the norm but has a neighbours cat ever woke you up?  I live in a condo surrounded by dog owners and they yap at every squirrel or raccoon that passes by lol.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

When you have a cat that's the norm but has a neighbours cat ever woke you up?  I live in a condo surrounded by dog owners and they yap at every squirrel or raccoon that passes by lol.

I used to live in a neighbourhood with a lot of dogs. They'd "talk" to each other at night, and I actually found that kinda cute. Loved sleeping to the sound of their "conversations". :lol:

2 hours ago, Psylocke said:

I love Brussels sprouts.

I am now envious of Brussels sprouts :P

I hate Valentine's day. It's a day that celebrates togetherness, but it always makes me feel more alone and lonely. I can't wait until the commercials for it are gone.

11 hours ago, c00kies said:

I hate Valentine's day. It's a day that celebrates togetherness, but it always makes me feel more alone and lonely. I can't wait until the commercials for it are gone.

:lol:

Well, cookies aren't so bad either :P

Valentine's Day is really just another commercial holiday so that stores can sell the same chocolates/candy (but heart-shaped) and flowers at a huge markup. 

I mean, it's nice if you have someone to spend it with and you want to celebrate and whatnot, but it's nbd if you don't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

:lol:

Well, cookies aren't so bad either :P

Valentine's Day is really just another commercial holiday so that stores can sell the same chocolates/candy (but heart-shaped) and flowers at a huge markup. 

I mean, it's nice if you have someone to spend it with and you want to celebrate and whatnot, but it's nbd if you don't. 

Yeah, i agree with that.

But it still sucks when everyone around you is doing things with their SO. I guess that's just part of getting old lol :P

So I was looking at the NHL standings the other day for the Eastern Conference.  I was like there's Boston, there's Toronto, where's Montreal??!  I'm missing it. And proceeded to look harder, and then harder in disarray.  Then I scrolled down to look at the other teams, and found them!  I guess I forgot about all those loses..! I must have amnesia!

Then I looked at the Western Conference for the Canucks, and thought to myself... where am I going for the Playoffs?! I only like 2 teams in the NHL, and April is my birthday! 

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, c00kies said:

I feel the same way about Valentines tbh, or single awareness day as some call it. I can't wait to get it over with.

• Cheers 1
11 minutes ago, c00kies said:

How old are you? I feel like a bum when I'm not working :P

I hate work enough that feeling like a bum is ok for me. :lol: I don't comprehend how people are able to live with obligations of employment. I'd be a suicide statistic if I were forced to have a job.

Edited by Two one one