The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

Is it normal to want to completely disappear?

I have always had this sudden urge to just up and leave.

I am constantly looking up small town USA on the west coast where I could just escape in to oblivion.

So sick of the daily bull$&!#...I'm not happy.

41 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

I am constantly looking up small town USA on the west coast where I could just escape in to oblivion.

I feel that way a lot. I am shy and introverted and anxious and sometimes wish so badly I could just curl up in my own little shell like a hermit crab.  If you're seriously looking I know a great little town in the mountains here in CA (where I grew up) you could go to. 

Am I correct thinking you have a wife and kids? Has home life got you down? Maybe an extended vacation would help. 

2 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

I feel that way a lot. I am shy and introverted and anxious and sometimes wish so badly I could just curl up in my own little shell like a hermit crab.  If you're seriously looking I know a great little town in the mountains here in CA (where I grew up) you could go to. 

Am I correct thinking you have a wife and kids? Has home life got you down? Maybe an extended vacation would help. 

Oh ya? What town? I've probably researched it!

No kids...I'm married...but just want to fall off the face of the earth.

Leave a note...don't search for me...don't report me missing, etc.

3 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

Oh ya? What town? I've probably researched it!

No kids...I'm married...but just want to fall off the face of the earth.

Leave a note...don't search for me...don't report me missing, etc.

Blue Jay, CA. Home of the world's smallest Christmas parade! It's a sleepy little town up in the San Bernardino mountains. I grew up there. :wub:

Do you ever talk to your wife (husband?) about this? Or are they part of the problem. Have you always felt this way?

6 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

I think that's pretty normal tbh, I think a lot of people get fed up with life and just wanna disappear and start over somewhere new sometimes

I know I think about it

• Cheers 1

I am a STH for the Stockton Heat, Calgary's AHL affiliate. I freaking love that team and all the players are my sons. Half the team has been called up and now I spend a lot of time watching Flames games and (semi) cheering for them. :unsure: I feel so dirty afterward. It happened again last night. Don't judge me.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I am a STH for the Stockton Heat, Calgary's AHL affiliate. I freaking love that team and all the players are my sons. Half the team has been called up and now I spend a lot of time watching Flames games and (semi) cheering for them. :unsure: I feel so dirty afterward. It happened again last night. Don't judge me.

3ae6abbb3fa3f00a0bd2df82e34930fc219bfc5f9ca12eacf245cdfc9b887c88.jpg

21 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

mother....

One of my goals this year is to be more social and meet people, make new friends, be more adventurous, ect but all I really wanna do is kinda disappear too

I don't really talk to too many people anymore and have become kind of a hermit hence the goals but still

Life has a way of tiring people out

• Like 1