The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bertuzzi camp to explore suing Moore's brother

The entire Moore family is a disgrace to hockey.

Dude, Dominic Moore is by no means a "disgrace" to hockey...

I have Steve, but lumping Dominic in there is just plain idiocy. Guy has been playing with a heavy heart since his wife passed away, and you call him a disgrace to hockey? Man....

Waiting for all of the people who constantly deride Moore for not "being a man" and "walking away" to now say the same thing about Bertuzzi

Actually, Bert likely would have had Steve's family let it be. But they keep chipping away.

Nothing Mark Moore said was untrue when he said it; the Canucks hadn't made any kind of announcement (have they yet? If so where is it?) and to my knowledge the plaintiffs haven't made any sort of statement confirming that a deal has indeed been struck. Of course, this being CDC if Bertuzzi's camp says so it must be true, right? Me, I'll wait for Danson to confirm it before I believe it.

I could say that there hasn’t been an agreement yet... would he sue me too

There's really not a whole lot that can be open to interpretation of the comment "...Adair affirmed his statement from Wednesday that a firm and binding agreement that was enforceable by a court had been reached by all parties involved..."

Nothing Mark Moore said was untrue when he said it; the Canucks hadn't made any kind of announcement (have they yet? If so where is it?) and to my knowledge the plaintiffs haven't made any sort of statement confirming that a deal has indeed been struck. Of course, this being CDC if Bertuzzi's camp says so it must be true, right? Me, I'll wait for Danson to confirm it before I believe it.

Yes they did. Bert's lawyer and the Canucks confirmed the settlement. Moore's brother is not involved.

Yes they did. Bert's lawyer and the Canucks confirmed the settlement. Moore's brother is not involved.

...and nobody from the Moore camp has confirmed it. Anybody have a link to a source quoting the Canucks statement confirming this? It seems elusive.

If you never have anything positive to say about CDC, why on Earth are you here?

...and nobody from the Moore camp has confirmed it. Anybody have a link to a source quoting the Canucks statement confirming this? It seems elusive.

Why do u care about if the other side confirms? The lawyer on Bert side says it's done. The Canucks even confirmed it. Do you think you are owed statements from everyone? Get off your bloody high horse

If you never have anything positive to say about CDC, why on Earth are you here?

Because I'm a die hard Canuck fan, that's why. I have lots of positive things to say about CDC and the Canucks. You can peruse my post history if you don't think so. All I'm saying in THIS instance is that all the reports of this whole affair being settled are coming from the Bertuzzi camp and the Canucks camp, both of whom are the defendants in the case. The plaintiffs have apparently not confirmed that a deal is in fact in place. Mark Moore was merely saying that, according to Steve, there was no news of a settlement at the time of his comments. Danson has so far been quite non committal although he DID chastise Mark Moore for his comments albeit mildly. But, most importantly for me, he (Danson that is) has not made any kind of public announcement that this thing is indeed finished once and for all. If any confirmations of a deal by ANY of these parties can be sourced then by all means post them and I will gladly recant. It annoys me that everybody here is all too ready to take the word of the Bertuzzi side of this story without any doubt as if it is gospel. If the Canucks have settled with Moore why has this information not been posted on this very website? Are the powers that be so concerned with the bad image of this case (which is considerable and omnipresent) that they don't want any information about it, including the settlement, to become public? I sure hope not because it would seriously cloud what the media like to call the "optics" here. In a bad way.

My CDC comment was directed at the people here who feel the need to invent stuff to support their arguments; things like claiming that Moore is a lawyer (or that his family is full of lawyers) or that he has been faking it for 10 years or that the McSorely incident was premeditated or that Moore had some sort of concussion history or... WHATEVER. It sure seems to me that it is perfectly OK to invent stuff from whole cloth as they say while at the same time maintaining that if you were to, say, suggest that Bertuzzi's apology was anything less than completely heartfelt you are a troll. If you point out things that have been done like Bert trying to transfer all his assets to his wife in an attempt to mitigate his financial responsibility and you suggest that these actions aren't perfectly on the level then you are a troll. If you suggest that Brian Burke's offer of a two way contract with the Ducks wasn't done in perfectly good faith you are a troll. In short, if you don't drink the Kool Aid you are a troll. I'm NOT a troll but I sure as hell am not drinking the Kool Aid either.

In short I'm sick of the disgusting hate. The hate for a guy that, let's all admit it folks, none of us had ever heard of before he clocked Nazzy. He was trying to make a name for himself by being a hard-to-play-against defensive forward and he saw an opportunity to lay a licking on a guy who put himself in a position to get clocked and he did it. It was certainly an opportunistic hit. It was also, unfortunately for all the entitled Canuck fans out there who mistakenly believed that their precious Captain could not be hit ever by anyone, a legal hit; the refs said so and the NHL brainstrust said so. We should have got over it the minute the NHL laid down its verdict. We didn't. We became the team that couldn't get over a legal bodycheck by a measly 4th liner. A fragile team. Not a winner. "Led" by a guy who couldn't stop the madness.

A promise to you Deb; once this thing is well and truly over I will have plenty of good things to say, both about the Canucks and their fanbase. I am far more optimistic about this current team's prospects than 90% of the people here largely because I truly feel that this team is in the hands of men who would never EVER let something as odious as this incident happen ever again and that this team will quickly shed its victim mentality and become one of those teams that other teams complain about (and in a good way). The team that existed when this whole Moore Bertuzzi fiasco happened was easy to play against if you knew their weaknesses; I am willing to bet money that, this year, we will be far more difficult to play against and that even if we lose it will be at greater cost to our opponents than before (no more 8-2 routs, at least I hope).

Why do u care about if the other side confirms? The lawyer on Bert side says it's done. The Canucks even confirmed it. Do you think you are owed statements from everyone? Get off your bloody high horse

Why all the hostility? Its perfectly reasonable to expect a statement from the Moore camp, especially considering how long this case has dragged on and Moore's brother making comments. When Moore's camp says something we can be sure that this matter has finally been put to rest beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Some of the comments about Moore made on CDC have been very disturbing to read. There are some people who make comments like "Moore had it coming to him" which just displays a thorough lack of sensitivity.

There are also posts made on here like wishing serious injury on certain disliked players that I think have no place on a hockey forum. I haven't read the rules carefully enough to see if there is something against this but there should be imo. At least according to me wishing injuring/death on a hockey player is just very low.

Other than that though this is a good place to discuss hockey. I like coming here as I have for even longer than my join date.

Well for me, if the Canucks organization made a statement, its official. Thats all I need, don't really care what Moore or his lawyers say. I wish him well with his newfound wealth and hope he can put it to good use. No need for him or his lawyers to say anything.

Well for me, if the Canucks organization made a statement, its official. Thats all I need, don't really care what Moore or his lawyers say. I wish him well with his newfound wealth and hope he can put it to good use. No need for him or his lawyers to say anything.

I agree that if the Canucks org has made a statement then in all likelihood it is official. My problem is that this statement isn't available anywhere for us to peruse. Odd no?

The latest copied and pasted from the score.ca

Report: Moore, Bertuzzi continue to negotiate terms of confidentiality agreement

Aug 26 2014, 9:22 AMIan McLaren

One week after coming to terms in a civil suit filed by Steve Moore against Todd Bertuzzi, lawyers on both sides continue to work out the details of the confidentiality agreement, as per Rick Westhead of TSN.

From Bertuzzi's side, lawyer Geoff Adair said Moore is free to discuss the incident and its impact on his life and hockey career. "The only thing [Moore] cannot disclose are terms of the settlement," Adair said. "And he cannot disparage [bertuzzi]."

The confidentiality agreement is expected to be signed later this week. Any objections would be settled by an arbitrator.

The latest copied and pasted from the score.ca

Report: Moore, Bertuzzi continue to negotiate terms of confidentiality agreement

Aug 26 2014, 9:22 AMIan McLaren

One week after coming to terms in a civil suit filed by Steve Moore against Todd Bertuzzi, lawyers on both sides continue to work out the details of the confidentiality agreement, as per Rick Westhead of TSN.

From Bertuzzi's side, lawyer Geoff Adair said Moore is free to discuss the incident and its impact on his life and hockey career. "The only thing [Moore] cannot disclose are terms of the settlement," Adair said. "And he cannot disparage [bertuzzi]."

The confidentiality agreement is expected to be signed later this week. Any objections would be settled by an arbitrator.

That TSN clip strongly suggests that the deal, while agreed to in principle, is NOT a completely done deal just yet. Again the only person willing to talk to the media is Bert's lawyer. The guess of $25 to $30 million is in the same ballpark that I thought it would be and the fact that the hang up in the deal isn't the $$ so much as it is the suppression of information is very interesting indeed. Oh, and if the deal really isn't quite done yet, that is hasn't got the requisite signatures on it (which I'm guessing from the Moore brothers' remarks it hasn't) then Bert's legal team have no reason to sue Mark Moore (who really should have kept his mouth shut).

Archived