The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Book about Canucks' rise and fall coming out in September

Tiger-Hearted

Ahhh.....Does anyone know that the 94 team was considered the greatest Canuck team ever dressed by the THN and their greatest teams of all time collection? Not sure I agree with it just wanted to say that to let those who are stuck in the past that things will get better again for this club. Also it's too early to call it quits on the same core that was so dominant a few years ago, with new coaching this team could challenge for the Presidents trophy again this year - look what happened to COL last year - most predicted a bottom three finish for them....

What a stupid idea last year was a glitch with the worst coach in canuck history way worse then crawford. 2013 playoffs were tough loss but i think AV lost his voice to the players. 2012 wed of won the cup if MG didnt trade hodgson. But next year we have so mutch potential hiden that will get back all u negative wagoners. Make my words itll happen

What a stupid idea last year was a glitch with the worst coach in canuck history way worse then crawford. 2013 playoffs were tough loss but i think AV lost his voice to the players. 2012 wed of won the cup if MG didnt trade hodgson. But next year we have so mutch potential hiden that will get back all u negative wagoners. Make my words itll happen

Is this English?

Kind of depends whether he has any legit inside sources or not,

If it's just a consolidated version of what we already know then: Pass

If he's got some good insider stuff...well, maybe

Hasn't been a good Canucks book since "The Mystery of the Russian Rocket"

But for my money he would need a good source in the office and the dressing room.

Ahhh.....Does anyone know that the 94 team was considered the greatest Canuck team ever dressed by the THN and their greatest teams of all time collection? Not sure I agree with it just wanted to say that to let those who are stuck in the past that things will get better again for this club. Also it's too early to call it quits on the same core that was so dominant a few years ago, with new coaching this team could challenge for the Presidents trophy again this year - look what happened to COL last year - most predicted a bottom three finish for them....

With Kesler gone, the main cog in the machine is lost.

He set up the Sedins offensive start and took all the top minutes against the best competition.

He was probably the most important piece of the puzzle, along with the Sedins.

We can never be the same team without him, that era of the Canucks is over.

Trev and Benn are trying to buy time, until our current group of prospects can come in and start something new.

Should be a good read. Dowbiggin has written several well-received books about the game.

Interestingly, it seems that Dowbiggin had to tweak things a bit after Vancouver's disastrous 2013-14 season. He'd been working on a book about the Gillis era Canucks for a few years and was set to release it in late 2013.

The original title?

"Best Practices: The Vancouver Canucks & The Pursuit of Excellence"

http://www.thestickonline.com/brucedowbiggin/about.html

Might be worth a read for sure. Although whenever I hear Dowbiggin on the radio (Calgary Fan 960) he is always very critical of Vancouver...

With Kesler gone, the main cog in the machine is lost.

He set up the Sedins offensive start and took all the top minutes against the best competition.

He was probably the most important piece of the puzzle, along with the Sedins.

We can never be the same team without him, that era of the Canucks is over.

Trev and Benn are trying to buy time, until our current group of prospects can come in and start something new.

Kesler was severely under rated on these boards, Anaheim got him for cheap... Imagine if there was a bidding war on him

Should be a good read. Dowbiggin has written several well-received books about the game.

Interestingly, it seems that Dowbiggin had to tweak things a bit after Vancouver's disastrous 2013-14 season. He'd been working on a book about the Gillis era Canucks for a few years and was set to release it in late 2013.

The original title?

"Best Practices: The Vancouver Canucks & The Pursuit of Excellence"

http://www.thestickonline.com/brucedowbiggin/about.html

Not a big fan. I get a full dose of him out here in Calgary. I find he lacks any serious insight.

Kesler was severely under rated on these boards, Anaheim got him for cheap... Imagine if there was a bidding war on him

Would've been nice, but that's assuming we wanted to trade him. He gave us essentially 1 team. Way I see it we've got 3 chances for that trade to have panned out. If Bonino reaches the same point production, or Sbisa realizes potential, or McCann works out, we'll at least have come out even in this trade.

However, undervalued is a bit of a reach. You've got a 30 year old player who relies on speed and grit to be an effective player. Both of which mean an injury riddled downward slide as he reaches his mid 30's. Not to mention a pain in the ass, and didn't want to play in Vancouver anymore. We got younger and cheaper, and I'll take that trade all day.

Would've been nice, but that's assuming we wanted to trade him. He gave us essentially 1 team. Way I see it we've got 3 chances for that trade to have panned out. If Bonino reaches the same point production, or Sbisa realizes potential, or McCann works out, we'll at least have come out even in this trade.

However, undervalued is a bit of a reach. You've got a 30 year old player who relies on speed and grit to be an effective player. Both of which mean an injury riddled downward slide as he reaches his mid 30's. Not to mention a pain in the ass, and didn't want to play in Vancouver anymore. We got younger and cheaper, and I'll take that trade all day.

I echo those same points. I was a big fan of Kes and the rare qualities he had given the Canucks. If he were the same player he was back in '11, Vancouver would have received a lot more in the trade.

The Ducks, right now, are taking a chance on a player who's injury-prone and a could be a disruption to team chemistry.

Trade was garbage as Sbisa and Bonino are barely NHLers at this point and the 1st wasn't the 10th like it should have been. He held the team hostage so to speak, but at the same time you don't see great franchises ever losing these types of players. Would Detroit ever have put itself in a position to have similar value Zetterberg request a trade? No. And yet that's the supposed 'model' the team wants. The trade, including all circumstances leading to it, was embarrassing.

On the bright side McCann might work out, but we'll have to wait on that. Reminds me of B-Mo a bit. Either a decent 2nd line center (hopefully two-way, but he's not overly physical, nor does he pk a lot) or a 'not great' kinda 1st line center who needs tremendous wingers to succeed. (I would have selected Brendan Lemieux. Horse. But oh well.)

Trade was garbage as Sbisa and Bonino are barely NHLers at this point and the 1st wasn't the 10th like it should have been. He held the team hostage so to speak, but at the same time you don't see great franchises ever losing these types of players. Would Detroit ever have put itself in a position to have similar value Zetterberg request a trade? No. And yet that's the supposed 'model' the team wants. The trade, including all circumstances leading to it, was embarrassing.

Let me ask you something...

Would you rather see Benning pull a "Gillis" by waiting to hit a home run in a trade by keeping an unhappy player, only to risk hurting the team chemistry even more and seeing Kes's value potentially go down even further?

Archived