The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arkansas Gun Range Declared "Muslim-Free Zone"

:D

Well, it's a terrible example - as we're talking about a religious affiliation and not a culture. Americans also carry the largest sword, so a lot of responsibility is left on them... and then other smaller nations look at them and say they are doing it all wrong. It's not easy being them is all I'm saying.

Muslims on the other hand - albeit a VERY small percentage of them (3-5% of 1 billion people) - are affiliated with violent terror... there's no questioning that.

That percentage is way off. I remember reading it was more like .000001% of Muslims being terrorists

Edit-http://wakeuppeople1.newsvine.com/_news/2010/10/25/5348816-0001-of-muslim-world-are-terrorists

18th Amendment to the US Constitution.

Prohibition of Alcohol. January 17, 1920.

21st Amendment to the US Constitution.

18th Amendment is repealed. December 5, 1933.

There is precedent for changing the Constitution. NRA would have you believe everything is written in stone. Yet slavery is abolished in the US, and it used to be accepted.

Canada has a nice balance. Would I like to see a bit more consistency in our rules? Yes. I think 10 round magazines should be the limit be it Rifle/Handgun/Shotgun.

Not this, well you can have a 5 round magazine in an AR-15, but if you buy a magazine that's meant for an AR-15 variant pistol, that works in a AR-15 rifle thats allowed. Just make it 10. Keeps it simple.

Thankfully DVC is a range that wants a safe, enjoyable experience. That's it.

Its not the religion, its certain people USING the religion for their own purposes, whether for wealth or for terror. There are people like that for every religion, just right now Islam seems to have more of them....

This ban is pretty ignorant and stupid. I could be muslim, as a white cockasian. A person that looks Muslim, or once was Muslim could easily now be Christian, Buddhist, or atheist. Are they going to require every single person to provide proof of religion? What would atheists be able to do? Nothing. It is a stupid idea coming from a stupid person.

Haha "cockasian".. What I find funny about that racial term is that its so vague and inaccurate imo, kind of like having the term "anti-semitism" reserved only for jews. I think most people are oblivious to the fact caucasian isn't just used for white people or descendants of Europeans, and that it's also used for people living in various other regions in Africa, ME, and parts of Asia.

Even during the times of great racism and eugenics type thinking it was extended beyond skin tone and geography.

On my great-great-great-great uncles (I might have added or missed a great lol) immigration certificate from the US it has race listed as Caucasian even though he was from India...

Caucasian race (also Caucasoid[1] or Europid[2]) is the general physical type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa,Western Asia, Central Asia and South Asia.[3] The term was used in biological anthropology for many people from these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

Now back on topic.. let me get this straight they banned muslims because of "Allah Akbar" (God is great) ringtones?

I'm assuming if someone had the same ringtone but in english it would be fine lol? Hypocrisy..

Muslims on the other hand - albeit a VERY small percentage of them (3-5% of 1 billion people) - are affiliated with violent terror... there's no questioning that.

A lot of crazy things are said daily on CDC. This takes the cake.

If you honestly believe that up to 5% of all Muslim people are affiliated with violent terror then it is you I fear not them.

Allah Akbar is the battle cry screamed aloud by suicide bombers just before detonation so it has negative connotations associated with it.

Allahu Akbar translates to "God is great" or "God is the Greatest".

Would you even bat an eyelash if you were at a firing range and a white guy had a "God is great" ringtone?

People yell "Geronimo" when skydiving out of an airplane. Does that give negative connotations to the Indian Chief Geronimo?

Must suck to live life in constant fear.

See it's cute that people like this person make such stupid statements yet they refuse to acknowledge that their religion was responsible for almost all of the major atrocities over the last 1000 years, from the crusades to Hitlers god is on my side final solution.

People seem to not realize that by and large over history Muslims have only fought back when provoked, it is only in the last 30 to 40 years that they have become extremists and taken the fight to other shores and mostly in part due to western intervention.

So + 1 to you good sir.

Islamic apologists :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians#Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_early_and_Arab_Islamic_Caliphates

Allah Akbar is the battle cry screamed aloud by suicide bombers just before detonation so it has negative connotations associated with it.

Lol dude get some knowledge. The "battle cry" is a phone ringtone which goes off 5 times a day to let the person know its time to pray

Haha "cockasian".. What I find funny about that racial term is that its so vague and inaccurate imo, kind of like having the term "anti-semitism" reserved only for jews. I think most people are oblivious to the fact caucasian isn't just used for white people or descendants of Europeans, and that it's also used for people living in various other regions in Africa, ME, and parts of Asia.

Even during the times of great racism and eugenics type thinking it was extended beyond skin tone and geography.

On my great-great-great-great uncles (I might have added or missed a great lol) immigration certificate from the US it has race listed as Caucasian even though he was from India...

Now back on topic.. let me get this straight they banned muslims because of "Allah Akbar" (God is great) ringtones?

I'm assuming if someone had the same ringtone but in english it would be fine lol? Hypocrisy..

I knew it was a general term, but didn't know it was in fact that general lol. Thanks for the info. Regardless though, I was right when i said I was cockasian :P

Wow...where does one even start with this kind of ignorance.

It's Quran, not Koran. Much like it's Arkansas not Arkansaw (illegal to pronounce it that way believe it or not) It's Islamists and extremists not Muslims or those who believe in Islam

Seriously...like how can people stomach this. I for one should be able to start an American Ignorance free zone. Because I am afraid of my kids catching a fat load of ignorance or stupidty. I hear it's contagious

I had to read your post 3 times to shake off your ignorance when you call others ignorant.

18th Amendment to the US Constitution.

Prohibition of Alcohol. January 17, 1920.

21st Amendment to the US Constitution.

18th Amendment is repealed. December 5, 1933.

There is precedent for changing the Constitution. NRA would have you believe everything is written in stone. Yet slavery is abolished in the US, and it used to be accepted.

Canada has a nice balance. Would I like to see a bit more consistency in our rules? Yes. I think 10 round magazines should be the limit be it Rifle/Handgun/Shotgun.

Not this, well you can have a 5 round magazine in an AR-15, but if you buy a magazine that's meant for an AR-15 variant pistol, that works in a AR-15 rifle thats allowed. Just make it 10. Keeps it simple.

Thankfully DVC is a range that wants a safe, enjoyable experience. That's it.

I have lived for extended periods in both countries. Canadians do not have the same freedoms as Americans , regardless of all the vitriol that is sure to come my way because of my claim.

Archived