The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs Dallas Oct. 21st

Kryten

You can like him all you want, it doesn't change the fact he has been terrible in the circle and doesn't have the offensive punch we need from a second line center. On a positive note he is a far better 2 way player than I expected. If he was forced to play 3rd line center because someone else stood out and took the 2nd line spot it would show real team depth...not the current depth we have with one legit top line and a bottom 9 consisting of projects and rag tag 3rd and 4th liners.

2 points in 4 games

THE GUYS A FAILURE!!! OMG HE'S A 4TH LINER TOPS AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RUNNN...

Seriously dude, you expect him to be a point per game player?

2 points in 4 games

THE GUYS A FAILURE!!! OMG HE'S A 4TH LINER TOPS AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RUNNN...

Seriously dude, you expect him to be a point per game player?

Hey, be fair, I said 3rd line.

Admittedly my emotion is controlling my one keyboard finger...

Not sure I like Vey at 4C. Is the move a demotion, or WD getting a better look at Matthias in a different role with Horvat returning soon? Maybe it's a sign of WD's level of confidence in Vey but I think he is going to get eaten alive at centre going up against experienced guys like Horcoff and Fiddler. I like Vey. His upside is obvious, and his defensive awareness isn't terrible, but at this point he's a lot better equiped to handle winger duties than centre.

With Dallas getting last change, and assuming Sedin/Bonino see the majority of O-zone starts, when are you gonna roll out Dorsett-Vey-Hansen confidently?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an indication that WD intends to play more of a 3 line game tomorrow night.

Maybe it's a sign of WD's level of confidence in Vey

WD was the guy who wanted Vey. He even wanted him when he was coaching for Dallas' farm team. So now he gets Vey for 4 reg season games and is not confident in abilities? Seems like a silly thought.

WD was the guy who wanted Vey. He even wanted him when he was coaching for Dallas' farm team. So now he gets Vey for 4 reg season games and is not confident in abilities? Seems like a silly thought.

Yeah, but there's a reason Vey has been put on a line with Richardson to take draws. There's no doubt WD likes what he sees in Vey, and his potential. But as far as winning a game tomorrow night, I'd be surprised to see Vey get near 10 minutes without a lot of PP time.

Archived