The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs Dallas Oct. 21st

Kryten

I know the stars get last change but I hope WD matches up the twins against their top line EVERY chance he gets.

They have absolutely nothing past them... Defence is weak, offense is 1 dimensional.

They're going Benn seguin spezza on that first line tonight, shut them down with the twins and it's game over.

Their defence is bad. Goaltending average... And they have about 3 good border line 3rd lines after they stack Benn seguin and spezza all on one line. Sedins can easily shut them down.

I know the stars get last change but I hope WD matches up the twins against their top line EVERY chance he gets.

They have absolutely nothing past them... Defence is weak, offense is 1 dimensional.

They're going Benn seguin spezza on that first line tonight, shut them down with the twins and it's game over.

Their defence is bad. Goaltending average... And they have about 3 good border line 3rd lines after they stack Benn seguin and spezza all on one line. Sedins can easily shut them down.

The Sedins can shut them down so easily and yet Seguin alone was able to score 3 goals and 5 assists in three games last year against them. You seriously underrate the stars and seriously overrate the Canucks here. Their D isn't great but it's not bad, they have a solid top 4 and Lehtonen is a very solid goaltender . The Canucks will have their work cut out for them tonight.

The Sedins can shut them down so easily and yet Seguin alone was able to score 3 goals and 5 assists in three games last year against them. You seriously underrate the stars and seriously overrate the Canucks here. Their D isn't great but it's not bad, they have a solid top 4 and Lehtonen is a very solid goaltender . The Canucks will have their work cut out for them tonight.

Seguin is a beast but if the triplets just focus on puck possession, I think they can definitely nullify Dallas' top line.

Lol Sedins cant shut down anybody, I think we saw that the other night.

Sedins used to shutdown everybody by basically never (or rarely) allowing the play to come to the Canucks end... now? You are right, they have lost that dominance. They are good on some shifts but they don't dominate as they used to.

I still think that they will get a 70 pt season but yeah, we need a shutdown line.

Hope the guys start the game with lots of energy and maybe score a couple of goals in the 1st.

Up against a pretty good NHL team, so it won't be an easy win.

No injuries. Tighten up the D. 2nd/3rd line scoring.

4-3 OT Vancouver

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this game will be a blast to watch. Fast paced and offensive. My prediction is that, despite it being fast paced, the goalies duel it out stopping 39/41 and 40/43 with some absolutely ludicrous saves by both Miller and Lehtonen.

Games ends in OT (3-2) and since I am a homer I am going with the Canucks as the winner, so long as they play smart hockey.

Vrbadass

Kassian

Tanev

Seguin x2

Very tough game, and a sort of undervalued rivalry.

I see Vancouver starting out sharp, getting a 2-0 or 2-1 lead. But I see Dallas coming out strong in the third, really testing the D of Vancouver. I'm going with 5-4 Dallas. Home ice will be the deciding factor. Do not get discouraged if they lose, though!

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer 1h1 hour ago

Dallas lines at morning skate: Benn-Spezza-Seguin; Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt; McKenzie-Fiddler-Hemsky; Cole-Horcoff-Sceviour #Canucks

Brad Ziemer@BradZiemer 1h

1 hour ago

Stars D pairings: Goligoski-Daley; Oleksiak-Connauton; Benn-Dillon.

That isn't a playoff team, especially in the West. Dallas is a one line team. When Nichuskin gets back they'll have a good second line too, but they have no depth and no d. We're going to take their spot in the playoffs this year.

That isn't a playoff team, especially in the West. Dallas is a one line team. When Nichuskin gets back they'll have a good second line too, but they have no depth and no d. We're going to take their spot in the playoffs this year.

Agreed. Their depth just falls off a cliff after the first line. Still, that first line could really muck things up if the Canucks don't play carefully tonight.

Archived