The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 4, Haterz 1

TheRussianRocket.

Havent read through the pages, but I havent seen anyone mention much about Luca Sbisa.

Maybe its just me, but I really like this kid. He seems to be getting better each game Ive watched him. 3 hits, 5 blocks, and even on the night. Its sure nice to have a dman that takes the body first again, and hits with force. Hes quietly one of my surprisingly better players so far this year, despite a very sub par pre season.

Many seem to gush about the play of linden vey, but i dont see it. yes he is a skilled kid that can play PP with the Sedins... thats great... but when you watch him in his own end, theres a LOT of development that still needs to happen. hes dreadfull on the draw, has 0 hits in 5 games... he sort of reminds me of yannik weber at forward. good shot, fits in on the PP... not physical, not great defensively or effective 5 on 5. honestly id feel safer with Horvat in that 4th line spot. at least you can use him on the PK and as a defensive option.

Kassian with 1 hit, zero shots, and yet another noticeable blunder tonight... but im sure he'll turn out like Lucic/Bertuzzi... :sadno:

Havent read through the pages, but I havent seen anyone mention much about Luca Sbisa.

Maybe its just me, but I really like this kid. He seems to be getting better each game Ive watched him. 3 hits, 5 blocks, and even on the night. Its sure nice to have a dman that takes the body first again, and hits with force. Hes quietly one of my surprisingly better players so far this year, despite a very sub par pre season.

Many seem to gush about the play of linden vey, but i dont see it. yes he is a skilled kid that can play PP with the Sedins... thats great... but when you watch him in his own end, theres a LOT of development that still needs to happen. hes dreadfull on the draw, has 0 hits in 5 games... he sort of reminds me of yannik weber at forward. good shot, fits in on the PP... not physical, not great defensively or effective 5 on 5. honestly id feel safer with Horvat in that 4th line spot. at least you can use him on the PK and as a defensive option.

Kassian with 1 hit, zero shots, and yet another noticeable blunder tonight... but im sure he'll turn out like Lucic/Bertuzzi... :sadno:

You should really read the pages Sbisas been getting his cred. Kassian wasn't that bad today? Made some good plays and in my mind the most important thing: stuck it to Backes :bigblush:

Sbisa has actually been awful in a few games but tonight many noticed a very strong effort by him...he kept it simple, played smart, threw some smart hits, etc...

If he can keep playing this way, which I think everyone wants, he will add a nice physical dynamic to the team...just has to keep his game simple and not over handle the puck as its not his strength...stay at home, play sound defensively and hit.

those other sports are at a snails pace compared to the NHL, calls are going to be botched its just part of the game unfortunately.

NFL and NBA are hard to ref also and often critisized. Think about being an NFL ref and having 22 players with an average weight 260 pounds running around you with pads and helmets on, then having to make the right call.

The thing is in those sports the fouls/penalties are much more abundant. Each player in a basket ball game has an average of 2-4 fouls. NFL ranges but it is an accepted part of the game as it should be in hockey.

If the seahawks give up 200 yards in penalties and the opposition 50, you say the seahawks played undisciplined and it cost them the game. If the Blackhawks give up 8 penalties and the opposition 2, fans tend to say the officiating was biased.

Good team win. I should take back what I said about Burrows looking lost out there. I hope he keeps it up.

The ice time was perfect managed. The Sedins will be fresh for tomorrow's game and so will all the other guys.

those other sports are at a snails pace compared to the NHL, calls are going to be botched its just part of the game unfortunately.

True, but the job being hard doesn't give you any excuse to suck at your job. Game being fast is no excuse for the refs to suck.

I agree with you on Sbisa, Canucks fans always have to hate one player.

But Vey is way better than Yannik Weber playing forward. Weber doesn't fit in on the PP either.

he made one nice play... his cross ice pass to richardson.... but then nullified that pas with an equally nice drop pass to the blues in the slot in front of Miller.

players like that dont help their teams find success. unfortunately, the IceQ train comes and goes far too frequently with ZK, and i believe that his errors out weigh his productivity. id be extremely happy to be proven wrong here. i want him to succeed. i just dont see it right now, and wouldnt be upset to see him sent packing for another option.

Awesome to see the second line step up tonight, especially against a team that wasn't Edmonton or Calgary! If they do that once every couple of games, I'll be a very happy fan.

Have to say, that was a great PP goal by Vey. Keep putting him on the powerplay with the Sedins and I can easily see him hitting between 15-20 goals.

he made one nice play... his cross ice pass to richardson.... but then nullified that pas with an equally nice drop pass to the blues in the slot in front of Miller.

players like that dont help their teams find success. unfortunately, the IceQ train comes and goes far too frequently with ZK, and i believe that his errors out weigh his productivity. id be extremely happy to be proven wrong here. i want him to succeed. i just dont see it right now, and wouldnt be upset to see him sent packing for another option.

pffff what are you smoking braaaaa - sent packing, wtf

Read through the pages

It is you

Now after reading this, I feel vindicated regarding my feelings on your Kassian post

his advanced stats are much better than cdc's lover boy CoHo...Zack is a whipping boy of the fans and media because he's not Bert or Lucic yet...he has improved every year and again if you look at his advanced stats this view of him being a defensive liability is actually a crock...

every fan thinks this, the bottom line is that people refuse to think that referees are bound to make frequent mistakes

If every fan thinks this then don't you think there may be a possibility that they're right? That perhaps officiating could somehow be improved? And if there are ways that officiating can be improved shouldn't they try to make improvements rather than just saying "meh mistakes happen frequently, whadda ya gonna do? Just leave it, mediocre officiating is good enough."

This is how I had hoped a game would go if we played for a full 60 minutes the way we closed out the Bolts/Stars games. Hope the boys will take some confidence out of that performance!

Gotta say I still wasn't all that sold on Matthias' night. Had a few good moments on the forecheck, knocking the puck free and slowing up their transition, but never seemed like much of a threat offensively. Maybe it's just me though - would like to be wrong.

10f3vow.png

No player below 10 minutes. That's "rolling 4 lines".

That moment when you win a hockey game with Henrik being the 3rd most ice time among centers and under 15 minutes.. Really want to see Daniel take more shots though.

Also how did you upload a screenshot on here? I only know how to copy and paste web images...

Sbisa has actually been awful in a few games but tonight many noticed a very strong effort by him...he kept it simple, played smart, threw some smart hits, etc...

If he can keep playing this way, which I think everyone wants, he will add a nice physical dynamic to the team...just has to keep his game simple and not over handle the puck as its not his strength...stay at home, play sound defensively and hit.

Some guys absolutely thrive on the simple game, even without necessarily being a giant.

Willie Mitchell is a textbook example of a good (but not monster) sized man who played a super simple game. And he was critical in LA's first cup. Threw a few big hits, but blocked many, many shots.

If Sbisa leans more in that direction than the Bieksa direction of "all over the place", he'll have a fine career and the Canucks will be lucky to have him.

Archived