The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Recall DeFazio

Drive-By Body Pierce

Umm actually I don't know maybe 6 foot 2, 210 pound Gaunce? At least he's got size and actual talent. Or hell if we just want a pure grinder, Grenier would have been the best option and he's been lighting it up the last couple years in the AHL

Yeah and he will do a lot once Jackman and Maroon have free range to run around.

Umm actually I don't know maybe 6 foot 2, 210 pound Gaunce? At least he's got size and actual talent. Or hell if we just want a pure grinder, Grenier would have been the best option and he's been lighting it up the last couple years in the AHL

You probably do not know this but Grenier has been a healthy scratch in Utica multiple times this year because he is terrible defensively. Only back in the lineup now because of injuries and call ups.

And he has 7 points in 10 games

There is a lot more to the game than the score sheet. Grenier has size and good hands but is the most inconsistent player on the team from shift to shift and is clueless on how to play away from the puck. Guys who are scratched in the AHL are not top choices for a NHL call up especially to fill a 4th line role.

how has kenins played this year in utica? I would think he would also be a player to fill this type of role

Kenins has played well and is improving enough to earn some 2nd line PP time. He would be a good choice too but DeFazio is more of a Dorsett type player and will slot right into that role.

Grenier is not a grinder. He's more of a Taylor Pyatt with a worse defensive game.

Gaunce needs to be left where he is. He's playing very well and he just needs to keep doing what he's doing.

We don't need much from a guy filling Dorsett's role. We just need him to make safe plays, get pucks deep, and wear down the Ducks D. If he does that he'll have filled his role.

Grenier is not a grinder. He's more of a Taylor Pyatt with a worse defensive game.

Gaunce needs to be left where he is. He's playing very well and he just needs to keep doing what he's doing.

We don't need much from a guy filling Dorsett's role. We just need him to make safe plays, get pucks deep, and wear down the Ducks D. If he does that he'll have filled his role.

And given how Vey and Horvat have come in so far with 0 NHL experience (or almost 0 anyway) under Willie, I'm looking forward to see how DeFazio plays.

And BTW I haven't giving up on Grenier finding his game and making the NHL. He just isn't there yet. It's obvious that Travis Green hasn't giving up on him either but does treat him with "tough love" when needed.

Sometimes tough love is what you need to get motivated.

Love! It's all you need!

The Comets right now have the best overall record in the AHL and have taken 22 of a possible 26 points. Travis Green preaches have a team that is "hard to play against". They are not the most skilled team in the league but they have balanced scoring, great goaltending and play solid team defense. They will not be out worked, Brandon DeFazio is the heart and sole of that hard working, team first, style of hockey.

Archived