The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] ARI 4, REFS/TOR 1, VAN 0

M A K A V E L I 96

I'm surprised to see a few suggesting things will "right themselves" after we play Edmonton. Playing Edmonton, Calgary or any of the teams in the Eastern Girls Conference - wont solve the fact that we need to be consistent and beat the heavy weights to get to the cup. With that said - it's apparent that we are still a ways away from getting there - likely only after we burn-out those terrible NTC's that MG handed out to the old deadwood on this team. Once those guys are gone (or take a trade to Florida - to retire) then we will have $ to spend bringing in some new younger talent. Until then - it will be very surprising to see them go far.

Miller is terrible. What an awful goaltender. 6 million for the next 3 years. Benning deserves a round of applause for this excellent addition.

Kassian is so fucking valuable to our team it's not even funny. This guy is consistenly creating plays from down low, along the boards, around the net. We played a perimeter game all night. Its the reason why we had 35 shots on net, on Dubnyk of all people, and got shutout. All the shots were from the outside. We need Zack back ASAP.

i'm glad we lost the way we did. i work in a pub, and seeing people, as bored as they were, paying attention to our live music and drinking and ordering food like the fat sacks of depressed crap that they are, we made good money off people in the audience. i called it that no matter the day, date and time, this team will forever suck against the coyotes. those of us in the service industry, give all thanks to the how god damn boring that franchise is, and how they SOMEHOW have the canucks' number. jesus christ, it's exactly like facing LA nowadays-- just can't buy a win. #NeverBetAgainstAZ

“We felt at 1-0 a goal was just around the corner for us, then the 2-0 goal came and we lost momentum.” - Burrows

Wake up and smell the pro hockey Burr.

Outshooting a team from the perimeter isnt going to win games in the NHL.

Anyway, its just one game. Hard to complain about the effort to date. Hopefully tonights half assed performance is a reminder to bring the commitment level back next game vs the Coil.

"Miller is terrible. What an awful goaltender. Benning deserves a round of applause for this excellent addition. "

NHL leader in 'Goaltender Wins' category?

Terrible,awful Ryan Miller of the Vancouver Canucks- with 11.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20152ALLGAGAll&sort=wins&viewName=summary

Edmonton x 3, Calgary, Carolina, Colorado. He has faced a lot of easy teams. Also, Lack has started all the 2nd half of back to backs. Miller is trash.

19:51

"Mr. Desjardins, I asked you a question yesterday at practice about you saying the team isn't good enough. Is tonight an example?"

The idiot reporter, and I mean that because of the question, has failed to see that the Canucks are at the top of the league.

That's the type of immature reporting that makes Vancouver sound entirely stupid. When you have people like that leading the charge, nothing can be won.

Conversely, Desjardins answers with a sound answer even though by his facial expression, one can see Desjardins isn't impressed with the question.

That guy should be fired.

19:51

"Mr. Desjardins, I asked you a question yesterday at practice about you saying the team isn't good enough. Is tonight an example?"

The idiot reporter, and I mean that because of the question, has failed to see that the Canucks are at the top of the league.

That's the type of immature reporting that makes Vancouver sound entirely stupid. When you have people like that leading the charge, nothing can be won.

Conversely, Desjardins answers with a sound answer even though by his facial expression, one can see Desjardins isn't impressed with the question.

That guy should be fired.

Dude what the fuck is wrong with you??? The guy obviously has some sort of a speech disability, you could easily tell it was hard for him to talk. Leave the guy alone, he's just trying to do his job.

Jesus Christ...

You're all crackpot if you think Bettman has anything to do with goal line decisions. I mean c'mon get a grip some of you.

Canucks deserved to lose this one, regardless of that goal or not.

This one felt like the first game back after a road trip. Everything was off last night and there was zero compete level all through the lineup.

We were due for a game like this. The LA game wasn't a bad as the scored looked. This game we deserved to lose 5-0. PP was ineffective, and we've fallen behind way too often to think we can stay above .500 long-term when being scored on first.

Needed a better start. Dictate the play. Especially a team like Phoenix. They played a perfect road game. The SOG look slanted, but no great chances. You knew even if the Canucks got 1 in the 3rd the Coyotes were not about to crumble and lose that game.

Good teams can respond, great teams set the tone. We gotta start taking command of games.

We didn't play well. Having said that Coyotes executed their game to perfection. They gave up a lot of shots from the outside but nothing close to the net.

I'm beginning to feel that Vrbata isn't fitting well with the Sedins, no dynamic movements, shooting when he shouldn't and so on.

It seems the Canucks have trouble against teams that play a tight defensive game. If the defensive minded team scores first, then the turkey is cooked.

LA and Arizona both play a defensive game.

The key to playing defensive minded teams is getting the puck in and owning the boards...Matthais and Kassian can do well against these teams if they own the boards then crash the net. Too bad Kass is hurt.

Jensen on the other hand plays a light peripheral game.

Archived