The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Value of Scott Harrington

Rounoush

This topic was created in response to TSN's Insider Trading a couple of days ago in which Bob MacKenzie stated that Pittsburgh might be looking for help up front to fill the gap left by Pascal Dupuis' injury. To get this kind of player, Bob said that the Penguins might dangle one of their defensive prospects.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-making-moves-1.140428

(Starting at 2:05)

scott_harrington_pittsburgh.jpg

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/scott_harrington/

Scott is a prospect I've had interest in for a while now. He's big, heavy and plays the kind of game I like defensemen to play. What do we have that could possibly interest the Penguins? Hansen? Burrows? Not enough? Too much? Discuss.

Pens want a top 6 forward and are willing to trade their D prospects for one. We won't be able to do it. And personally, Pens overvalue Harrington and he's not that good of a player at all imho. 3rd pair NHLer is what I see. He's not really great at anything.

I agree with your assessment. Harrington is overrated and will cost quite a bit. Penguins fans think he can be a top 4 but I don't see him getting there.

jensen hansen 3rd for pouliot

Pittsburgh counters with Bortuzzo, Spaling, 3rd for Horvat.

I'd love Harrington, he's a heart and soul guy. Blocks shots, hits, skates well and pretty solid defensive defencemen with potential to be a shutdown defenceman in the top 4.

I'd give up Jensen, he's a bit of a gamble for a top 6 guy but he has that speed, skill that would look good along either Malkin or Crosby.

Hansen, in some sort of deal. Gives us some more cap space and gives us a roster spot for Horvat or Jensen.

Jensen has too much skill to give up. Combined with size and good skating.

Pittsburgh is not going to give up a defensive prospect for just Hansen. You have to remember there's more teams needing good young defensemen. Jensen and Hansen and a 4th works for me. You have to give up something to get something.

Pittsburgh is not going to give up a defensive prospect for just Hansen. You have to remember there's more teams needing good young defensemen. Jensen and Hansen and a 4th works for me. You have to give up something to get something.

In all honesty I would/could see Burrows as the piece that does the deal. Dupuis/Burrows basically the same player in their own ways

Archived