The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller steals start from Lack?

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Regardless of whether this is true or not, I say good for Miller. After a bad night he wants to come back and prove himself. I don't think we should look at this as Miller stealing from Lack, but Miller asking for a chance to get his confidence back up so he can continue playing well for us.

Lack superseding Luongo in Torts view really doomed this team and will continue to effect it in the foreseeable future, not just in the trades and retained cap but with bad vibes in the dressing room.

This isn't New Jersey. Lack has shown he can play big games, let's not get in the habit of giving Miller too many games.

Miller was good enough tonight, but that second Carlson goal was pretty weak by his standards.

I can understand not playing Lack against Pittsburgh, but he better at least play Ottawa.

Most teams in the NHL use both their goaltenders.

wrong..show me the stats on that and I will agree.

Guest Cuporbust2

his record says he is the better goalie

16-4-0 .911 2.42 3 shutouts (GAA and SV not updated)

Lack

1-3-1 .894 3.30 0 shutouts

Well maybe that would change if lack started more often . And not against top teams everytime.

Compare their stats from last year.

You need a back-up that plays, or are we going back to the days of Raycroft, Sandford, etc. and expecting our started to play 70+ games and then expect him to be fresh for a long playoff run?

Need a back-up that can instill confidence in management.

Lack is lacking.

Too funny how people are saying this is just the media making stuff up. Hey OP, maybe next time you start a thread like this you should inclue a link to the audio from Desjardins media availibility this morning where he said himself that the plan was to start Lack and he went and talked to Miller and Miller said that it's probably better he starts since Lack isn't in a rhythm and team didn't skate yesterday.

I'm a Miller guy, and as it's been said, winning cures all. But a link to the audio would've sent this thread in a whole different direction. Though you can never bash on Vancouver media enough :D

Have always enjoyed the argument that some here are making. If we only give Lack more starts against weaker opponents to pad his stats, he is close to being as good as Miller, so he should get more starts!

Right now, as much as people might like Lack the person, we aren't in need of a nice guy in net, we are in need of a winner. Miller is winning. Miller plays. Lack is losing..he takes what he can get and better be better. That's hockey all, this isn't peewee.

Have always enjoyed the argument that some here are making. If we only give Lack more starts against weaker opponents to pad his stats, he is close to being as good as Miller, so he should get more starts!

Right now, as much as people might like Lack the person, we aren't in need of a nice guy in net, we are in need of a winner. Miller is winning. Miller plays. Lack is losing..he takes what he can get and better be better. That's hockey all, this isn't peewee.

Agreed

Miller is the #1..tough for Lack..but this isnt old home week..I could care less,,he played the Classic last year and Lou sat...play Miller forever.

Does anyone else think a deal was already in place with Florida before the classic? Luongo never played another game in Vancouver.

Guest Cuporbust2

Does anyone else think a deal was already in place with Florida before the classic? Luongo never played another game in Vancouver.

no torts is just an idiot

Not true. Lack has played pretty well, despite what his stats say. If you watch the games Lack has played, the rest of the team hasn't bothered to show up. Try Lack in a game that isn't right after a game the night before.

Also, Lack has only played a small sample. Miller's sv% after his first 5 starts wasn't that much higher than Lack's (.905)

You need a back-up that plays, or are we going back to the days of Raycroft, Sandford, etc. and expecting our started to play 70+ games and then expect him to be fresh for a long playoff run?

same excuse can be said for Miller that his stats suffer from the way the Canucks show up in front of him yes he has had some stinkers but Lack has had maybe 2 solid games

Archived