The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hostage Situation in Sydney, Australia - Possibly ISIS

NucksPatsFan

The thing I don't understand with Isis, isn't the reason they were beheading people was because they wanted The States to stop bombing them but then they attack Canada and Australia, two countries that aren't really all that involved in Isis. How is that helping Isis? Basically is giving Canada and other countries reason to come in and bomb them too.

It doesn't really make sense to me.

When did they attack Canada?

They never attacked canada De Niro, we all know that and we've NO right to be there under any guise especially NATO which is a frigging joke as there is NO reason anorganization of countries bordering the Atlantic needs to be in the landlocked middle east

the parliament hill attack, which they were mentioning had to do with Isis, or could of.

They also mentioned that if you weren't with us you were with the pedophiles, that the DFO could do their job without research vessels, that they believed the earth was 6000 years old.

They initially said it might have something to do with Isis.. I think they've brought up how the guy has had Islamic ties, and considering how he is dressed in the lone photo of him.

Theya re fear mongering. please do not add in to the fear.

I did this in the original thread about the parliament attack.

I stated very clearly that this was most likely a lone gunman and that it would lead to the politicizing of Nathan Cirillo's death and the legislating of further rules restricting our privacy freedom and the ability to leave the country.

All of which were true even though I was derided and laughed at, where as the claims and "beliefs" that it was in any way related to ISIS or that this would not lead to a climate of fear in canada were quickly proven false.

Until such time as there is genuine evidence linking this to any one terrorist group, please do stop pointing fingers at anyone. Crazy people do crazy things and you cannot in any way shape or form state categorically that this is any different than a white kid gunning down innocent people in a school or theater or coffee shop in the good ol USA. As this person or persons have only thus far taken hostages (and please let that be as bad as it gets)

Hate to say it's all due to a specific religion, but when was the last time you hear of a Buddhist terrorist bombing and killing people (at least recently).

Christians successfully lobbying to have Uganada imprison or hang/burn homosexuals

Catholic beliefs killing women in ireland via abortion laws

Israelis killing palestinians in the beleif that Israel is a single nation state given them by god. Seriously this one is troubling as Bibi will start a fire that takes a lot of innocent people.

Need I go on? religion is great in that it gives people something to believe in, but those same beliefs are VERY easily twisted and it is NOT in any way shape or form relegated to any one single denomination of faith.

I live in a society where i am 100% certain i will not be shot .....again by a guntoting freak , be that a terrorist , criminal or policeman .

I am extremely happy that i do not live in north america where people fellate their guns and do not feel safe with out them.

What do you think would happen if the gun laws were less strict here , have an armed Lynch mob head into Sydney to seek "justice'" for themselves ?

You live in the AUS or Oceanic area of the world right?

Have you had any fears of this happening with your governments involvement your PM's crazy religious beliefs and far right leanings??

Hate to say it's all due to a specific religion, but when was the last time you hear of a Buddhist terrorist bombing and killing people (at least recently).

You don't hear much from the areas where Buddhists are prominent, and when you do, they're spun sideways by western yellow journalism. Terrorism, in the form of riots, massacres, ethnic cleansing, etc. are not uncommon from Buddhists in Eastern and Southern Asia. The most oft target of Buddhist terrorism are Muslims and Sikh's, far more often Muslims.

There is no religion that's truly been peaceful -- humanity isn't peaceful in nature. Although, today, it's pretty easy to figure out which religions are "worse"/"worst". Countries where people have the most freedoms tend to be run predominantly by secularism, and are mostly populated with various Christian denominations. Countries where people have the least freedoms, particularly women and gays, but overall, everyone too, are predominantly countries without secularism, and are Muslim countries. It's no secret to the problems religion is causing, but anyone who thinks these problems vanish without religion would be fooling themselves, which people are good at doing by default.

Christians successfully lobbying to have Uganada imprison or hang/burn homosexuals

Catholic beliefs killing women in ireland via abortion laws

Israelis killing palestinians in the beleif that Israel is a single nation state given them by god. Seriously this one is troubling as Bibi will start a fire that takes a lot of innocent people.

Need I go on? religion is great in that it gives people something to believe in, but those same beliefs are VERY easily twisted and it is NOT in any way shape or form relegated to any one single denomination of faith.

I fully agree with this.

I live in a society where i am 100% certain i will not be shot .....again by a guntoting freak , be that a terrorist , criminal or policeman .

I am extremely happy that i do not live in north america where people fellate their guns and do not feel safe with out them.

What do you think would happen if the gun laws were less strict here , have an armed Lynch mob head into Sydney to seek "justice'" for themselves ?

Gun laws are already obsolete...just a 3D printer away from breaking the government's arbitrary monopoly.

You live in the AUS or Oceanic area of the world right?

Have you had any fears of this happening with your governments involvement your PM's crazy religious beliefs and far right leanings??

Yep tony was gunna be a jesuit priest at one stage of his life and when he was the governments " head kicker" under howard he was quite open about his religious "advisers" . It was when he was elected opp leader that he started to hide his religious "connections " . he knew it would alienate a lot of voters.

Let me be crystal clear about this i am 99% certain that all the people I love will never be victims of a terror action/attack.

One day after the first beheading abbott spoke out saying that could happen here in australia , that POS was trying to sow fear so he could ram a raft of terrror laws and other legislation that hurt the most vulnerable members of our society .

As of this minute noboby knows WTF is happening ,but lets all live in fear of terrorists .....derka derka mohamed jihad !

Gun laws are already obsolete...just a 3D printer away from breaking the government's arbitrary monopoly.

We are a way different society than you guntoting north americans , we do not need guns to feel safe in our homes or to overthrow a govt. that is pissing us off.

Because the snakes and spiders will kill would-be violent humans first...

Have spent a lot of time in the aussie bush , nothing scary out there even the bunyips and yowies are friendly. When i was a ski-doo tour guide in your country when spring came around i was told to lie on the ground and play dead if i came across a bear , they also told me to look out for cougars , I was single at the time and kept on hoping i would run into a few.

The thing I don't understand with Isis, isn't the reason they were beheading people was because they wanted The States to stop bombing them but then they attack Canada and Australia, two countries that aren't really all that involved in Isis. How is that helping Isis? Basically is giving Canada and other countries reason to come in and bomb them too.

It doesn't really make sense to me.

Gives them a reason to recruit more members. They can pit the situation as a us vs them and demonize the west as oppressers and colonizers to get more followers. The more countries that attack, the more credible they seem to the local people.

You don't hear much from the areas where Buddhists are prominent, and when you do, they're spun sideways by western yellow journalism. Terrorism, in the form of riots, massacres, ethnic cleansing, etc. are not uncommon from Buddhists in Eastern and Southern Asia. The most oft target of Buddhist terrorism are Muslims and Sikh's, far more often Muslims.

There is no religion that's truly been peaceful -- humanity isn't peaceful in nature. Although, today, it's pretty easy to figure out which religions are "worse"/"worst". Countries where people have the most freedoms tend to be run predominantly by secularism, and are mostly populated with various Christian denominations. Countries where people have the least freedoms, particularly women and gays, but overall, everyone too, are predominantly countries without secularism, and are Muslim countries. It's no secret to the problems religion is causing, but anyone who thinks these problems vanish without religion would be fooling themselves, which people are good at doing by default.

I'm not saying there are no violent Buddhists, but most of those situation seems to be more of the collusion of religion with politics, thus the need to use violence to achieve specific goals.

In places where Buddhism is a minority faith, like in places such as Australia, Canada, USA, UK, etc..... you never hear about how some of them wants to force their opinions on others, how they should be allowed certain privileges, or how society should be changed to fit their point of views. I definitely never heard of some "Buddhist extremists" say in China or Japan going around beheading people or blowing stuff up either.

We are a way different society than you guntoting north americans , we do not need guns to feel safe in our homes or to overthrow a govt. that is pissing us off.

Not all "guntoting north americans" need guns to feel safe. I own firearms so I can go to the range and target shoot, thats it. Other than that, they stay locked up in my safe. Please don't lump us all into the same category.

Muslims are scum any religion that forces you too be so conservative is not healthy for the mind or body especially in modern times.

Any other religion too.

Why else too so many kids who grew up in super over religious families grow up to be messed up?

It's because they feel guilt for the smallest of things and are made to feel that way and restricted from expressing their emotions properly.

How can you live like this and then attempt to fit into modern society?

People can't live like this anymore trying to pray all day and wanting shariah law.

Plus quoting ancient old texts in any way to support what you want to do is stupid in it's own right.

Women to cover up because oh men will go crazy they can contain themselves so they must rape.

Disgusting.

Archived