The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Dream Thread (A Daily Chronicle)

jdatb

Usually I dream about what happend in the day. But I have a recurring dream where Me and a group of people survive the apocalypse. Had that dream like 5 times now. A big boat always crashes into a bridge, and we always end up at motel at some point. I have this dream every few months for the past couple years.

Dream Mar 12/13, 2015

My friend and I were playing golf on a course in the forest. We were playing and we saw a community volunteer that we both knew (I'll call him Mr. A) collecting bags of trash when we saw that some people (and Mr. A hadn't realized this) in the trashbags. One of them said, "Let's go get paid." All of the sudden I could feel something dark, and my friend and Mr. A and I ran into a blue house/small office(?) to hide (it was adjacent to the place they ran into) and shut the door. We crouched and they went around a corner through a doorway to hide, I half-watched as these people were running and screaming and this thing (it looked like a bull with four big horns going out horizontally, ran on two feet and wore clothes and a piece of wood on it's back) ran after them doing the Arnold Schwarzenegger yell as a train whistle went off. I went backed up through the doorway completely and the dream ended.

Dream Feb 26/27 '15

On a scavenger hunt around the school I live by with some friends, only one of whom I remember

There was a recording studio and I was supposed to be there for Nine Lashes (a rock band).

Someone was playing orchestral music from 1614(?) and they got poked fun at and tried to defend it.

To get to one of the clues, which someone else spotted, there were stairs but I climbed a rope up a pole in the middle of the stairwell. I opened the clue and it had something to do with some guy's music company with his number on the back and I kept it even though someone else spotted the place (got all the "benefits" that came with the clues)

The friend was someone who I liked in high school, but haven't seen her much since then. It was awkward between me and her (in the dream) at first, but then we became better friends as the night wore on.

One time we were in the chapel and another time we were in a place that doesn't exist at that school right now.

Dream Dec 24-25, 2014

I was in an office environment, with other people from Saskatchewan Polytechnic and we were at an office building for a day to experience work environment. I got a phone call from my mom that my aunt had given me a gift (Christmas or birthday, I don't know) and that I had to open it ASAP. I said I would open it later, and I put my phone away. Later, at the end of the day, I was standing at the front of the room giving a thank you to the office for letting us learn that day about an office environment when, in the middle of my speech, my aunt bursts in, tells me to sit down, go on my computer, and to check out a message on Facebook that she sent me, as well as handing me a manila envelope while saying that someone else saw the gift first, before me. Dream ends there.

Dream 7/10/14

It started off I was visiting some friends at their coastal/Island home for a vacation. It was near their son's graduation time, and I was there to visit. It was fine for a while, but then their son… he was under suspicion for assault on me and his sister. There were rumours going around about what happened. I didn’t even remember the incident. So with graduation coming up quick, In decided to do a quick investigating. AKA ask the guy. So after his grad banquet, which I attended, I asked him about the incident. He said we were playing soccer, and he went up to the hill and he kicked the ball and somehow we both got knocked out. I didn’t remember any of this happening, but I played along anyway to make the mother feel safe. I told her afterward and she felt much better. Within the next couple days after the grad I had gone out for a bike ride in the city. I was just about to go onto a street when I realized I left something at home. I turned around and a group of big high school senior guys were walking together behind a well-known celebrity. Not unusual, but when I tried to make conversation, they were all quiet, looking at each other. The celebrity looked at the guys and said something along the lines of ‘get ‘em’ or ‘sic ‘em’ but I don’t know which. They grabbed me and took me somewhere (I blacked out before that happened). That somewhere ended up being a city centre, a room for a dark game show. I was taken in, and it was a last man standing gets to live. There were teams, and so I was on one team with some of the seniors. They called up a team which ended up being my team, to go and be in the first event. I didn’t go up, but then the behind-the-scenes guy (who was one of my former teachers) came up to me and said that I had to go up there. I said “Not if I can help it” and ran out. I ran out of the city centre, into a city square yelling help as the big grade 12 guys ran out after me. I had no chance as everyone watched, and I was taken back inside. I asked God for peace, because they started their torturing me (on a game show) by removing my eyes very painfully.

I never have dreams unless I have a very deep sleep.

And when I do, I get deja vu( this creepy thing where what you dream about actually ends up happening and it is 100% correct) . But the last time that it happened was like 3 months ago. Prior to that I literally hadn't had deja vu for a decade.

Usually it lasts only one to ten seconds. But one time, after my first flight and journey which took about 2 days of night time travel by plane, train and car. I was so knocked out I just literally slept as soon as I got there. What happened next was the creepiest thing I ever had in my life.

I had a dream that night about my sister surprising me telling that she would wear a blue dress that day and that I would end up tripping on the entrance to the building we were going to. I woke up and two hours later my sister asked me, "Guess what dress I'm wearing tonight (I hadn't seen it yet that time except in my dream) I replied with "blue dress" she looked at me in shock and said who told you? I said no one, I dreamt it. To this day she doesn't believe me and rightfully so but it was the truth. Then there was the entrance to the building. I walked there and didn't really see anything I could trip on so just kept walking. Then all of a sudden the carpet I was walking on got pulled and I tripped.

The entire dream was about 1 hour in real life. Creepiest thing that ever happened. And funny thing is if I get deep sleep like I did that day, it can probably happen again. But I just can't sleep like I used to, as you age gets tougher to sleep deeply.

I never have dreams unless I have a very deep sleep.

And when I do, I get deja vu( this creepy thing where what you dream about actually ends up happening and it is 100% correct) . But the last time that it happened was like 3 months ago. Prior to that I literally hadn't had deja vu for a decade.

There's reasons for this, but a lot of people might dismiss it as bogus.

I generally only dream when I'm feverish/sick and then it's usually bizarre and anxiety ridden dreams. For that reason, I've come to hate dreams.

Mostly stuff where I'm battling elements and/or evil forces.

A vivid recurring dream I had as a child: the "biggest/meanest dog in the whole wide world" was parked under a swingset I was swinging on....he was sleeping. He was being reported as extremely vicious in my dream and parents were warning us kids about him. A Cujo type St. Bernard (probably linked to the fact that my Grandparents had a big ol' St. Bernard - "Jim"...he was the opposite though - docile and a big teddy bear).

So in my dream I do the flying launch jump from the swing and start running home, terrified. I turn to see the dog, chasing me. He is gaining on me and I'm terrified....then I'd wake up.

Dreams are mostly just nightmares to me...wish I somehow had the capacity to dream about pleasant things. Although I did dream that I met Bieksa and Burr and we were buds and hung out...we were poking fun at drunk girls.

I generally only dream when I'm feverish/sick and then it's usually bizarre and anxiety ridden dreams. For that reason, I've come to hate dreams.

Mostly stuff where I'm battling elements and/or evil forces.

A vivid recurring dream I had as a child: the "biggest dog in the whole wide world" was parked under as swingset I was swinging on....he was sleeping. A Cujo type St. Bernard (probably linked to the fact that my Grandparents had a big ol' St. Bernard - "Jim".

So in my dream I do the flying launch jump from the swing and start running home. I turn to see the dog, chasing me. He is gaining on me and I'm terrified....then I'd wake up.

Dreams are mostly just nightmares to me...wish I somehow had the capacity to dream about pleasant things. Although I did dream that I met Bieksa and Burr and we were buds.

A lot of my dreams are dark now too. It's thrilling and kind of freaky at the same time.

My mom had a dream she met a couple Canucks. She knew that one of them was Daniel Sedin but didn't know the other one was Hunter Shinkaruk until I showed her. Freaky.

My dreams are pretty crazy.

I'm never actually in them so their more like movies. I can't really remember what i dreamed last night but I know there were 3 Mexican smugglers in it and 3 buff white guys, some army dudes who were hunting the Mexicans. I think.

The only time I'm actually in my dreams are when I have Lucid dreams.

Just rambling strange dreams..nothing makes sense..but during the dream everything is normal like walking down the street in your underwear...or running away from someone but its like you are in molasses and cant run.....one dream I always seem to have is traveling on a ship to Europe,,,dont understand that one...I seem to be working on the ship...I went on a cruise a number of years back..maybe thats it....dunno?

Just rambling strange dreams..nothing makes sense..but during the dream everything is normal like walking down the street in your underwear...or running away from someone but its like you are in molasses and cant run.....one dream I always seem to have is traveling on a ship to Europe,,,dont understand that one...I seem to be working on the ship...I went on a cruise a number of years back..maybe thats it....dunno?

Don't know if you're a Christian or not, but hope this helps. Here's the spiritual explanation of a ship in dreams:

Ship = Support: life; person; recreation; spare time; if a large boat/ship, then the Church; if a small boat/ship, then personal ministry; if sailboat, then moved by the Spirit; if powerboat, then powerful ministry or fast progress.

http://www.cddictionary.com

Don't know if you're a Christian or not, but hope this helps. Here's the spiritual explanation of a ship in dreams:

Ship = Support: life; person; recreation; spare time; if a large boat/ship, then the Church; if a small boat/ship, then personal ministry; if sailboat, then moved by the Spirit; if powerboat, then powerful ministry or fast progress.

http://www.cddictionary.com

Im Christian but not really religious at all..interesting..some dreams Im in a small plane..just flying around....the only thing I can come up with that is when I was younger I did air traffic reports in Edmonton and the pilot decided I was going to land the plane..he took his hands off the wheel and just operated the throttle..I was scared crapless but we made it..maybe it etched itself on my brain.

Currently pretty sick so I had a weird fever riddled dream last night. I was responsible for taking care of Dustin Brown while he was on the road (my wife watched hockey wives last night so it's not random). I remember being very frustrated by the fact that Brown couldn't do a bleeping thing on his own (think Mr Burns useless).

My randomest dream of all time happened while studying for exams. I was walking along 4th ave in Kits when I saw a cool looking Butcher Shop. In front was a plain white banner with red letters proclaiming "Stoned Wheat Thins For Sale". I walked in and on the back wall, behind the butcher's counter, were boxes of the cracker stacked from the floor to the ceiling. I went up to the butcher and stated "I'd like a box of stoned wheat thins please".

The butcher handed over a box and stated a price of $20.

The last thing I remember was walking out of the store, box of crackers tucked under one arm thinking "What a rip off for stoned wheat thins".

No idea where that came from.

Once I had a dream in which I woke up, but immediately something would cause that phase of the dream to end, and I would be asleep in the dream again. Then I would wake up (in the dream) again, and something would cause that phase to end. This repeated like 5 times before I was able to actually wake up. Every time I "woke up" in the dream, it felt real.

Let me preface this by saying I don't know if any of you guys are Christians, but I might be able to help you out.

I experience deja vu (sp?) a lot. What reasons might there be? I find a very weird feeling and will spend most of the day in awe of the experience.

A lot of deja vus are things that your spirit has already experienced (there is no time or distance in the Spirit) and it's just your body actually experiencing them for the first time. Basically, experiencing a memory you didn't know you had.

My randomest dream of all time happened while studying for exams. I was walking along 4th ave in Kits when I saw a cool looking Butcher Shop. In front was a plain white banner with red letters proclaiming "Stoned Wheat Thins For Sale". I walked in and on the back wall, behind the butcher's counter, were boxes of the cracker stacked from the floor to the ceiling. I went up to the butcher and stated "I'd like a box of stoned wheat thins please".
The butcher handed over a box and stated a price of $20.
The last thing I remember was walking out of the store, box of crackers tucked under one arm thinking "What a rip off for stoned wheat thins".

No idea where that came from.

Might be a prophetic dream, the Bible has something that sounds somewhat similar to what you said.

Dreams can either be prophetic (like the guy who knew what dress his sister was wearing) or symbolical (most dreams).

And whether you believe in this stuff or not, always write your dreams down if you can remember even pieces of them.

Archived