The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SuperBowl Thread (GDT)

canuckster19

That frame makes it look like a sure thing. However, Lockette was lazy to get the ball and Butler wanted it more. I do think, however, if Wilson hadn't set his eyes solely on Lockette, he would look him off and look back at Lynch to see he was wide open considering Fleming was in a contain position on the outside in case Wilson ran. Lynch literally ran past Fleming and was wide open.

That play was all possible because of Browner. Hawks love their rubs plays because it's pretty much what gets them open a lot of the times and they thought they'd try again. Play call was meant for Kearse to take Browner into Butler rubbing/picking him and Lockette would be wide open, like how Baldwin did to Revis with the umpire. Browner knew right away what the Hawks were drawing up, jammed Kearse preventing him from bumping into Butler. This gave Butler a clean view of the play, had a straight path, and made the play of a lifetime.

As much as it was Butler on having the instincts and awareness to jump the route, it was only made possible because of Browner jamming Kearse otherwise Butler would've been picked off or at the least had to run around Browner to go to Lockette which would have been too late.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Pretty sure a very small portion of Pats fans were around before the Brady/Belichick era. Doubt most will be sticking around when they're gone.

I only pointed out the bandwagon fans as we tend to see more Canucks/Seahawks casual fans jump on as it's the market we live in. Move to another city and I'm sure you get fans from that team jump in when the team is successful. I myself am a good example. I don't like baseball too much but if the Mariners are doing well I'll keep an eye on them.

As a lifelong Seahawks fan the game itself didn't piss me off. It was 100 times better than the Super Bowl last year (entertainment wise) and had what you want every Super Bowl to come down too: a meaningful drive in the final 2 minutes. Am I disappointed by the result? Of course I am. But I'm happy considering how tough it is to get back to where they were and they lost on a dumb play call, nevermind the fact that they shouldn't have won against Green Bay. It will be tough to predict how that will affect the team next season. I still think Seattle is the best team in the NFC West as it stands now, but things can change during the offseason.

Congrats to the Pats though, 4 titles in 13 years is pretty special (and I still can't figure out how they lost to Eli twice). I think the loss would have stung more had the Hawks not won it last year. At least they won't be put in the same category as the Buffalo Bills :)

Brady is giving Butler the truck he won as MVP. Solidddd TFB! Not like he would've drove of anyways but yea, Butler deserves that thing :towel:

As I thought. Brady don't need no truck. He got his own cars.

That play was all possible because of Browner. Hawks love their rubs plays because it's pretty much what gets them open a lot of the times and they thought they'd try again. Play call was meant for Kearse to take Browner into Butler rubbing/picking him and Lockette would be wide open, like how Baldwin did to Revis with the umpire. Browner knew right away what the Hawks were drawing up, jammed Kearse preventing him from bumping into Butler. This gave Butler a clean view of the play, had a straight path, and made the play of a lifetime.

As much as it was Butler on having the instincts and awareness to jump the route, it was only made possible because of Browner jamming Kearse otherwise Butler would've been picked off or at the least had to run around Browner to go to Lockette which would have been too late.

Or the fact that Browner plays physical and knowing it was a goal line stand, created contact within that five yards just enough so it slowed Kearse down.

Just rewatched the play.. Doubt Browner knew what was coming. Maybe he did or didn't. But as soon as the ball was snapped, he had his hands on Kearse the entire time. Kearse looking for a flag but that never warrants a flag unless the ball was thrown to him, which it wasn't.

Just rewatched the play.. Doubt Browner knew what was coming. Maybe he did or didn't. But as soon as the ball was snapped, he had his hands on Kearse the entire time. Kearse looking for a flag but that never warrants a flag unless the ball was thrown to him, which it wasn't.

No way lol. Browner knew the whole time. Right when the centre moved his fingers Browner just ran up to Kearse and grabbed him getting the head start. Kearse tried to push him back and he almost did but Browner held his ground just long enough. Butler probably had like 3-5 inches of space between Browner & Kearse which was just enough to go jump his route cleanly. All Browner.

No way lol. Browner knew the whole time. Right when the centre moved his fingers Browner just ran up to Kearse and grabbed him getting the head start. Kearse tried to push him back and he almost did but Browner held his ground just long enough. Butler probably had like 3-5 inches of space between Browner & Kearse which was just enough to go jump his route cleanly. All Browner.

Exactly. Meaning he knew it was a goal line play, and he had to be physical. Something Logan Ryan should take note on. Nobody passes their goal line and into the end zone. He took out Kearse despite Kearse being set up as a pick play for Lockette. Butler jumping up so early like that was good instincts on his part.

Lmao stfu reason you love that team is cause of tom.

And Gronk. And Edelman. And Blount. And big Vince. And Revis. And McCourty. And Chandler Jones. And Jamie Collins. And Dont’a Hightower. Hell even love Belichick. But please, try again scrub. Lmao, lmao, lmao, lmao. You’re saltier than McDonald’s fries.

Brady is giving Butler the truck he won as MVP. Solidddd TFB! Not like he would've drove of anyways but yea, Butler deserves that thing :towel:

Are you kidding me ??!! ... Brady should name his next kid Malcolm and take Butler to the Lamborghini dealer and tell him he can have his pick on the lot. That truck is chump change.

Butler turned Brady from a SB record of 3-3 to 4-2 ... from a pending epic lost to talk of best quarterback ever. C'mon Brady, step up, you can do better than that.

That frame makes it look like a sure thing. However, Lockette was lazy to get the ball and Butler wanted it more. I do think, however, if Wilson hadn't set his eyes solely on Lockette, he would look him off and look back at Lynch to see he was wide open considering Fleming was in a contain position on the outside in case Wilson ran. Lynch literally ran past Fleming and was wide open.

Or even fake and run to the right side where there is only Kearse and Browner engaged after Malcolm rushed the middle with Lockett - that's also a sure TD

Pretty much any play but that one would have sealed the deal for SEA

I think that, under the pressure of the moment, Russell had tunnel vision and just relied on the call designed by his coach rather than trust his instincts on the field, which is what has made him special

His age kind of showed on that play IMO

This talk of bandwagoners just pisses me off all the time. Every team in every league will have bandwagon fans when they are doing well. I'd like to see how many fans of the Pats stick around when Brady and Belichick are both retired and the team has a couple of rough seasons.

Don't worry, I'll be here long after Tom and Bill are gone. My future kids will have a Canucks and Patriots onesies and will be rocking toddler Jimmy Garoppolo and Gronk jerseys should he be our #1 in the future. I also signed up for this account with this name in the summer of 06, so even if you didn't believe me about being a fan prior to the titles, you can be sure I've been here through the heart break of 2 last minute super bowl losses. :)

I'm also an east coast American with dual Canadian citizenship. I can only speak on behalf of myself, but if you'd ever like to talk ball in person without the assistance of Google, I can talk to you about both the Pats and the Seahawks going back to 2000.

But nonetheless, I'll be enjoying this one for a long time :)

Don't worry, I'll be here long after Tom and Bill are gone. My future kids will have a Canucks and Patriots onesies and will be rocking toddler Jimmy Garoppolo and Gronk jerseys should he be our #1 in the future. I also signed up for this account with this name in the summer of 06, so even if you didn't believe me about being a fan prior to the titles, you can be sure I've been here through the heart break of 2 last minute super bowl losses. :)

I'm also an east coast American with dual Canadian citizenship. I can only speak on behalf of myself, but if you'd ever like to talk ball in person without the assistance of Google, I can talk to you about both the Pats and the Seahawks going back to 2000.

That's great. I'm happy for you. Just don't call anyone else a bandwagoner.

Never accused you personally of not being a Pats fan, just throwing out there about how you see more bandwagon Canucks/Seahawks fans as we live in the market...you'd see more Pats bandwagoners if you lived in Boston as well.

At least you are honest though. The first time they were semi-relevant in my life was when they lost in Super Bowl 31 to Green Bay.

Archived