The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SuperBowl Thread (GDT)

canuckster19

Good for Lynch for saying that. He probably lost the most as an individual player in the game. Likely Superbowl MVP if he gets the ball and a massive increase in sales for his Beast Mode stuff.

Hopefully the reports about him being offered a massive deal to retire as a Seahawk are true. No one more deserving of a raise than him.

I have a feeling he's going to finish his career with the Raiders, whether he gets extended in Seattle or not.

I'd have to agree with him on this one. In terms of a comeback sure the NFC Championship was crazier. However this was a much better game. Well played throughout the whole 60 minutes. NFC Championship was a complete joke until 5 minutes were left

Agreed. This game was much more balanced with the lead changing several times. Neither team held back like GB who played not to lose by sitting on the lead. Both teams played well.

My god what a day. My heart can't take that kind of game anymore. I'm 35 now, with a 2.5 year old son and another baby boy on the way (March 15 due date). I really want a healthy heart so I can see my kids grow old hahaha!!

But seriously, wifey and I are really considering naming our second child Brady Thomas _____ . Sounds great to me!

Rocket, NPF, Magician.... it was an awesome year in this thread shooting the $h!t with you guys! Soooo happy we pulled that off!!!

But let's be real here, peeps. Those who say the Hawks "gave" the Super Bowl to us.... what happens if Lockette catches that ball? Then it's game over. Coaches are geniuses. But, that's how the game goes. The Seahawks bag of miracles ran empty. Not only that, but the miracle catch that set up the first and goal???? Like how the eff does that even happen! Wasn't meant to be.

Tom FRICKIN Brady.... what can you say. TEN years between Super Bowl titles. Love this guy and love PATS NATION!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

Me and my lil man will relish this day....

Me%20and%20Ben_zpssiq2bouu.jpg

My god what a day. My heart can't take that kind of game anymore. I'm 35 now, with a 2.5 year old son and another baby boy on the way (March 15 due date). I really want a healthy heart so I can see my kids grow old hahaha!!

But seriously, wifey and I are really considering naming our second child Brady Thomas _____ . Sounds great to me!

Rocket, NPF, Magician.... it was an awesome year in this thread shooting the $h!t with you guys! Soooo happy we pulled that off!!!

But let's be real here, peeps. Those who say the Hawks "gave" the Super Bowl to us.... what happens if Lockette catches that ball? Then it's game over. Coaches are geniuses. But, that's how the game goes. The Seahawks bag of miracles ran empty. Not only that, but the miracle catch that set up the first and goal???? Like how the eff does that even happen! Wasn't meant to be.

Tom FRICKIN Brady.... what can you say. TEN years between Super Bowl titles. Love this guy and love PATS NATION!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

Not posting in this thread because it's flooded with a lot of people who will be walking into shopping centers to return their Seattle jerseys tomorrow, but this deserves a response.

It's been great rooting for our team together the last few years in the NFL thread Raoul, and I'm beyond ecstatic right now. Your little one looks pretty pumped up too. Make sure he knows the legacy and greatness of the greatest QB to ever play when he's old enough to comprehend that. Though, who knows, maybe Tom is still playing by then haha.

That's a beautiful kid you have there and you're due for another one too. Congrats man! And yes, love you too....they hate cause they ain't us...getting a Pats sweater that says that and a Tom & Jules SB jersey!!!!

No matter how Coach Carroll explains the interception, it still does not make sense. First and goal at the five, gave the ball to Lynch and he gains four yours to the one. And Lynch had no problem making the four yards; he almost scored. Now you got 3 cracks at the one with the best runner back in the game and a pass play was called!

By this time the Patriots were in shock. One more give to Lynch and automaticly it would be a touchdown and the Seattle would be the Super Bowl Champs.

But, no, the Seattle coaches outsmarted themselves by getting too fancy, saying they could run the clock down easier this way.

Yea, protecting him from losing or something? Don't be salty.

I have a question for you guys

Out of the Patriots and Seahawks, who has the best chance of making to to the Super Bowl next year?

Pats. Just because Tom and Belichick are there and they are now the defending champs. Hawks team has uncertainty with some of their key players so no telling about them until that's figured out.

No matter how Coach Carroll explains the interception, it still does not make sense. First and goal at the five, gave the ball to Lynch and he gains four yours to the one. And Lynch had no problem making the four yards; he almost scored. Now you got 3 cracks at the one with the best runner back in the game and a pass play was called!

By this time the Patriots were in shock. One more give to Lynch and automaticly it would be a touchdown and the Seattle would be the Super Bowl Champs.

But, no, the Seattle coaches outsmarted themselves by getting too fancy, saying they could run the clock down easier this way.

Worst play call ever in the history of the game. In no way is that decision defendable. If a reporter asks Pete if he could redo the play would he do the same play - guarantee he says no and if he doesn't, his ego is in the way and he clearly can't get over the fact he messed up. Lynch been averaging 5 yards per carry in the playoffs, almost scored the play before, and you pass it and don't even have goaline formation? Lol. Even if they did pass, it should've been on 4th down if 2nd & 3rd had failed, then it's understandable but man oh man....I'm thankful.

Archived