The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What a difference coaching makes

Ronalds.Kenins41

I know +/- is a useless stat to some people but Edler has made a huge change in that department this year compared to last year. What a difference a new coach and fresh start makes. He's only played 8 fewer games compared to last season.

Last year with Torts

Q7B9Fa3.png

This year with WD

bAmpHTc.png

He went from last place in the category to first place this year.

Leave it to nuck nit to make this about Kassian. :picard:

Kassian with another point.

6 in 7 games.

But we need to know what MacMillan can do apparently.

Just responding to the routine cult bashing that preceded my comment so,no,I never made this about Kassian.

Personally,I hope he is dealt for an equitable return so the focus goes back to the team instead of one third line player.

Just responding to the routine cult bashing that preceded my comment so,no,I never made this about Kassian.

Personally,I hope he is dealt for an equitable return so the focus goes back to the team instead of one third line player.

Pretty sure your comment was the first in the thread involving Kassian. So yes, in fact, you did make it about Kassian.

Last year: Tanev +12

OP also neglected to list Kassian's team worst -6 .

Actually, that's wrong. Kassian is now -4 after today, and Sbisa how has the dubious honour of having the team's worst +/- at -6.

Also interesting to note that both Hamhuis and Horvat both have a worst +/- than Kassian atm,as they both are at -5. I guess that makes them both terrible players,right? (sarcasm)

One of the issues between Torts and Gillis was that Torts wouldn't tow the line. He sold Gillis a bill of goods. Gillis was going to hire Stevens, then he interviewed Torts and the salesman won the day.

You see, Torts has to be the lead dog. He systematically dismantled the leadership group among the players so that he could run the show without question. This ultimately blew up in his face when he went after Bob Hartley. He was trying to show them all that he would fight for them but he really showed the team and the rest of the world that he was a fool.

Gillis let him get away with his nonsense because he would have looked like a fool for hiring Torts in the first place. When things started to break down, Gillis couldn't keep up with Torts and his other duties. Mistakes were made and the house of cards came crashing down.

The difference between the old and new regime is that there is trust, accountability and a clear vision that every one of them shares. Personal agendas are team agendas, they are not different. **Hairy Kneel** you are absolutely right, it all starts at the top. Hiring Trevor Linden was a master stroke by ownership.

Archived