The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prediction : Toronto Gets McDavid

Not going to happen..

He's either going to Edmonton or Buffalo how hard of a concept is that to grasp.

We aren't talking about the NBA here..

Never say never. Desert dogs are in trouble financially and on ice. I could very easily see him going there. Aren't they second last or third last in the league?

The NHL will do what is best for the League ... how long they will continue allowing TO, the 'Center of the Hockey Universe', to flounder is questionable ... I believe 'generational players' like Crosby and McDavid are treated as a commodity ... Nuge and Hall and those players going 1st to the Oilers was never going to effect the League marketing like a player with McDavid's marketability will ... the NHL marketted the crap out of Crosby to 'build' the League, just like with Greztky, and placed him with Mario to "Save the Franchise". When you have an 'asset' like McDavid, you put him where you can market him most effectively for the League ... my money is still on TO.

McDavid will go where the League deems best IMO .. why is the Lottery 'Draft' conducted in 'secret'?? ... open up the process to public scrutiny or continue to look 'dodgy' at best, and 'bush league' at worst ... where's Vince Mcmahon when you need him? .. oh right ... Conneticut.

The NHL will do what is best for the League ... how long they will continue allowing TO, the 'Center of the Hockey Universe', to flounder is questionable ... I believe 'generational players' like Crosby and McDavid are treated as a commodity ... Nuge and Hall and those players going 1st to the Oilers was never going to effect the League marketing like a player with McDavid's marketability will ... the NHL marketted the crap out of Crosby to 'build' the League, just like with Greztky, and placed him with Mario to "Save the Franchise". When you have an 'asset' like McDavid, you put him where you can market him most effectively for the League ... my money is still on TO.

McDavid will go where the League deems best IMO .. why is the Lottery 'Draft' conducted in 'secret'?? ... open up the process to public scrutiny or continue to look 'dodgy' at best, and 'bush league' at worst ... where's Vince Mcmahon when you need him? .. oh right ... Conneticut.

I don't believe a word of it. The lottery is done no more 'sketchily' than any other sporting lottery. There is no evidence of it being rigged in the past. You say ooh yeah a crappy team got Crosby and became good! Well.... they got Crosby BECAUSE they were crappy, and he made them better. How hard is that to understand, the league markets these big players so that where they end up people will watch. You just explain away Edmonton getting all those picks by saying, ooh they weren't important to the league. So only this draft and Crosby's was/will be rigged? Give me a break, this is ridiculous.

I don't believe a word of it. The lottery is done no more 'sketchily' than any other sporting lottery. There is no evidence of it being rigged in the past. You say ooh yeah a crappy team got Crosby and became good! Well.... they got Crosby BECAUSE they were crappy, and he made them better. How hard is that to understand, the league markets these big players so that where they end up people will watch. You just explain away Edmonton getting all those picks by saying, ooh they weren't important to the league. So only this draft and Crosby's was/will be rigged? Give me a break, this is ridiculous.

The difference between your ability to read and your ability to comprehehend seem at odds ... when you put words in someone elses mouth, you lose credibility ...

"I don't believe a word of it" ... you have the right to your "opinion" just as everyone else does.

"The lottery is done no more 'sketchily' than any other sporting lottery" ... evidence?

" There is no evidence of it being rigged in the past. " ... where did I say it was 'rigged"? ... neither of us 'know' what evidence exists, existed or was destroyed.

" You just explain away Edmonton getting all those picks by saying, ooh they weren't important to the league " ... Where did I say they were not "important" ... they are not 'generational players' .. McDavid is, as Crosby was ... a marketting gold mine.

I firmly believe the NHL will manipulate every possible angle they can when trying to build their 'brand', and if that mean games are managed and contracts are manipulated then so be it, because this is a huge ebtertainment business, and everything goes in business.

For the NHL to "NOT" manage these assets would be more unbelieveable to me, considering the obvious manipulation that takes place already within games and discipline ... but choose to believe what you will ... as will I ... now, have a great week ... :)

The difference between your ability to read and your ability to comprehehend seem at odds ... when you put words in someone elses mouth, you lose credibility ...

"I don't believe a word of it" ... you have the right to your "opinion" just as everyone else does.

"The lottery is done no more 'sketchily' than any other sporting lottery" ... evidence?

" There is no evidence of it being rigged in the past. " ... where did I say it was 'rigged"? ... neither of us 'know' what evidence exists, existed or was destroyed.

" You just explain away Edmonton getting all those picks by saying, ooh they weren't important to the league " ... Where did I say they were not "important" ... they are not 'generational players' .. McDavid is, as Crosby was ... a marketting gold mine.

I firmly believe the NHL will manipulate every possible angle they can when trying to build their 'brand', and if that mean games are managed and contracts are manipulated then so be it, because this is a huge ebtertainment business, and everything goes in business.

For the NHL to "NOT" manage these assets would be more unbelieveable to me, considering the obvious manipulation that takes place already within games and discipline ... but choose to believe what you will ... as will I ... now, have a great week ... :)

The fact they conduct it in secret wreaks of tampering. Why not just put the correct number of balls in and do it on TV.

Because they would have to have 200 balls for this to work. But yeah. still.

Yep .. 200 balls ... however would they manage to keep that many 'balls in the air'? .... it must boggle Bettman's mind ... sounds like a skill testing question .. name one thing that ' Boggle's Bettman's Mind ' ... sounds like one of the new Entertainment Packagaes the NHL may be considering when they get set up in Vegas, Baby!!! .... :)

They can let it flounder as long as they want and it will still sellout. Phoenix and Buffolo on the other hand aren't like that.

No way he ends up going to Toronto. lul.

If #1 pick does end up in Toronto that would be evidence to me that the lottery isn't rigged.

Imagine if a 9th place team won the lottery?

If the Canucks somehow messed up and missed the playoffs, it would all be worth it if they ended up with the #1 pick :lol:

Toronto will sell tickets regardless.

Arizona should get him if they are fixing it. It'll save their franchise.

Although I think they should quit and just relocate to Seattle.

fans there won't care even if they get mcdavid.. they will still lose millions of dollars every year..

Archived