The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can the Canucks survive a 1st round series against the Kings?

G. Reaper

It is looking more and more like a first round matchup with the Kings is inevitable if the Canucks don't soil the bed in the home stretch. Now assuming that Miller, and the rest of the injured Canucks are all back healthy in time for round 1, how do you think they will do?

Well have we beat them yet?

When we play them, LA dominates our D-men, and they dominate us in scoring chances.

We have not been impressive at all against LA yet. However, things could change, if this team beats LA in the playoffs, who knows how far they go. Could be our Chicago Blackhawks and then who knows how far this team goes.

Playoffs is all about momentum, but can this team do it? Personally, no I don't see us beating LA in a 7 game series.

Why? Well

1. referees will give LA more powerplays. Will screw up our momentum by calling cheap calls. Make up phantom calls, eg games 2-0 canucks referees will put there whistles away

2. LA cheap shots eg dustin brown, seen it before.

3. LA has better goaltending Sorry, Quick > Miller

4. LA hits to kill in the play-offs Yep, they do that, go look at the Blues series.

5 LA has better defence -

6. La has better offence

There's more but yeah this is just my opinion, I'm sure it won't be a famous one.

most wide open Playoff in recent memory.

I don't care what anyone says there is no clear cup favourite.

With Chicago hurt and LA pressed to make the playoffs the west is due for some 1994.

In 2012 the final game of the season Kings vs San Jose winner gets 7th loser gets 8th, as soon as San Jose won that game I knew the playoffs were going to end early. I have the same feeling about the Kings this season. I hope I am wrong but I have Kings vs Smashville in the western final.

We would be regarded as huge underdogs in that series. Everyone will expect another cup run for LA. I have a feeling that will help the Canucks more than hurt them.

1982,1994,2003,2007 we are the underdogs

2011,2012,2013 we are the overdogs.

at the end of day it doesn't matter we came out on top regardless. ;)

LA is not the same team they have been the last few years for various reasons (injuries to key pieces, Voynov's legal situation, some players declining). Are they still good? Absolutely. Are they cup favourites? I would say no.

I'd say this is our best chance to beat LA in a playoff series since 2010. Doesn't mean we will but I think we can. We may not even play them (I'm still hoping for the Flames to take the 3rd Pacific Division spot, and for LA and San Jose to miss out on the wild card spots

I think it is possible to beat LA. They are clamouring for a playoff spot and yet they have just lost to the Jets, Ducks and even the Sens in their last three super important games. Do I think they will miss the playoffs altogether? No. But I do believe they are beatable once they get there. And the Canucks when fully healthy may just surprise everyone.

Archived