The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who to keep for next year.. Bishop or Bobrovski ?

MaxVerstappen33

Bob is one of the highest paid goalies in the league. His team CBJ is trending in the right direction. If they get on a roll, he could put up some solid numbers next year.

Bishops team is already rolling. But he has some shoddy games. And there is a good goalie prospect in the system that might bite at his ice time.

My friends at work all side with Bishop. He seems consensus but I dunno. Im leaning toward Bob.

Bishop. Better team in front of him.

That is the easy answer. But the Lightning play firewagon hockey. They don't tighten the game up.

His numbers havn't been great toward the end of the season. If you go to the Lightning forums, they don't think that highly of Bishop. They compare him to Jimmy Howard. But Bobrovski is compared to Pekka Rine or Schnieder and is spoken highly of by CBJ fans.

Thanks for the feedback

As far as who's the better goalie, I'd pick Bobrovsky.

But Bishop has a far superior team in front of him and will compile more wins. So for a fantasy pool, I'd take Bishop.

Yeah especially in the east... Hmmmm

The plan was to trade Bob this year but he got hurt. I'll probably go with Bishop unless Bob plays MVP hockey for the rest of the season.

That is the easy answer. But the Lightning play firewagon hockey. They don't tighten the game up.

His numbers havn't been great toward the end of the season. If you go to the Lightning forums, they don't think that highly of Bishop. They compare him to Jimmy Howard. But Bobrovski is compared to Pekka Rine or Schnieder and is spoken highly of by CBJ fans.

Thanks for the feedback

It's because Bobrovski is the only player worth talking about in Columbus.

I've got Bishop in my pool and he really piles the wins. Our points system really favours shutouts and it's annoying that he hasn't had many of those this year (there was a stretch where he got a case of Luongoitis and lost shutouts in late in games). Doesn't help that Tampa never starts Bishop against the marshmallow teams it seems unlike Vancouver.

That being said I'd keep the goalie with the team already at the team and seemingly poised to stay there rather than a goalie on a team that only could be on the rise.

Vasilevski won't be starting next year. I think they will try to ease him in slowly. Bishop is the safer choice but imo I would go with Bob, Columbus would have been a playoff team or at least in the thick of things this year had they not been absolutely destroyed because of injuries. Bishop does not have the quality of Bob and the Jackets will be a much better team next year. Go with your instinct, at least then you won't regret your decision all that much if things don't work out.

Archived