The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Race to 1,000pts.

Minister, What would Bossy have wound up with, if his back behaved? Man, these CDC youngins' would've been impressed with that guy! His shot was 20, 30 yrs ahead of that era.

Bossy was pure goal scorer. In his time 50 was a guarantee. Careers tended to be shorter then though regardless.

Still, he and Gartner are the two most underrated goal scorers of all time IMHO. Andreychuk not far behind.

During their heyday as the TBay-trio, would any of us have guessed StLouis would 'lap' Rich & LeCav, becoming twice the player they are? His career has been SO impressive.

Also OP, have you checked out career PO points? Poor Jammy Jags has been stuck at 199 pts forever...

Yes I have looked at PO points, I didn't include them as they are not in consideration for career points. Jagr will get his shot at 200 PO points, just not this season unfortunately.

I don't think Lecavalier, Richards, Doan, or Tanguay will reach it.

Ovechkin could be first of that group to do it if he continues at his recent pace.

Richard and Lecavalier are both still serviceable players and only 34, all it would take is one good season to get them close to the mark. Richards will undoubtedly reach the mark. there is no way he doesn't get an offer to play a lesser role on an above average team next year. Lecavalier is due for a good season and he is under contract so he at the very least have the opportunity to prove people wrong.

Wonder if OV might become the first guy to officially snipe 900? Unlikely, but with his size/strength & Backstrom saucers?...

He'll be around 480 tallies, by season-end, it appears. Turns 30 in Sept.

I read an article a few years ago (don't know where but I think Dellow may be been the writer) showing his age, scoring pace, endurance, toi, and projected career. It showed that if he plays until he is in his late 30's and doesnt leave for Russia he will undoubtedly reach 2nd OA in goals scored, and if he has a career like Jagr statistically he had a very high shot at being the #1 goal scorer in league history. I love Ovi and hope he reaches that mark. It is so boring how many statistical categories are lead by Gretzky.

This article projected him reaching 700 goals by the age of 33 and catching Gretzky before 40 years old. He is currently 24 goals under where they projected him to be at the end of the 2015 season. Still, pretty accurate considering.

http://state-of-being.blogspot.ca/2014/02/state-ofgr8ness.html?m=1

Wonder if crosby would have had it already if he didnt get injured. The lockout(s) didnt help either.

More than likely Crosby would have hit 1,000 points by now, if not he would be very close. That said injury worries is the reason why I don't think he will be one of the next to hit the mark. He's been too healthy too long now and something is bound to take him out of the lineup for an extended period soon.

Richard and Lecavalier are both still serviceable players and only 34, all it would take is one good season to get them close to the mark. Richards will undoubtedly reach the mark. there is no way he doesn't get an offer to play a lesser role on an above average team next year. Lecavalier is due for a good season and he is under contract so he at the very least have the opportunity to prove people wrong.

Richards has 32 points so far this season, so if he takes on a lesser role he could be looking at 20-30 points a year. And since his play has been trending downward in recent years, I just don't think it happens.

Lecavalier is having even less success this year. I think his NHL career won't make it past 3 more years. Highly unlikely he rediscovers his game at this point.

Archived