The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible Round 1 Matchup Predictions?

IbanezRG

If Chi can move into the top spot in the Central (w/less points than Ana) and Van finishes in the #1 wild card then The Canucks and Hawks play in rnd 1. Seems unlikely but Nashville's play has dipped as of late and the Hawks have games in hand. The Hawks also play the Blues two more times so they are still in position to win the Central. Stranger thing have happened.

If Chi can move into the top spot in the Central (w/less points than Ana) and Van finishes in the #1 wild card then The Canucks and Hawks play in rnd 1. Seems unlikely but Nashville's play has dipped as of late and the Hawks have games in hand. The Hawks also play the Blues two more times so they are still in position to win the Central. Stranger thing have happened.

Yeah... didn't Edmonton go to the Cup Finals a few years back? I mean, it was Edmonton. The team that hasn't been in 5th place in the conference or higher since Messier left.

Most likely oppenents in the first round is:

Flames

Kings

Sharks

If we dont get 2nd or 3rd in the division we probably wont get a wildcard. But if by some chance we did we could play one of:

Ducks

Preds

Blues

Blackhawks (very unlikely)

We could get a pretty easy (as easy as it gets) path to the SCF.

IMO the 3 toughest matchups in the playoffs for us would be:

1. Kings

2. Ducks

3. Bruins (and i believe we could beat the bruins)

The most favourable thing to happen for us (highly unlikely) is: (if Kings make the playoffs)

Standings:

Preds- 111 Ducks- 110 Wild- 97

Blues- 109 Canucks- 98 King- 96

Hawks- 108 Flames- 97

Playoff bracket:

Preds vs Kings- Preds win

Blues vs Hawks- Blues win

Ducks vs Wild- Wild win

Canucks vs Flames- Canucks win

Round 2:

Preds vs Blues- Blues win ( but who cares im not scared of the preds)

Canucks vs Wild- Canucks win

Round 3:

We win

Stanley cup finals:

LETS DO IT!!!!

If by some miracle it worked out this way we would only have to play the Flames, Wild, and Blues/Preds to make it to the finals. That would be sweet :-)

I think it will be like this in the West. Never mind the east.

Pacific

1.ANA vs 4.WPG

2.VAN vs 3.LA

Central

1.STL vs 4.MIN

2.NSH vs 3.CHI

If we somehow get past LA and Anaheim who I assume will go to the 2nd, who have a good chance of beating whoever comes out of the Central.

Flames will be way more hungry than LA. Canucks are better off playing the Kings.

I know Calgary looks like the easy opponent on first glance, but they are like herpes...they won't go away.

I get what your saying. But Kings over Flames? Ummmmmm... NO THANKS!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand the playoff format. It says that the higher team from the two division winners will play the lesser wild card team while the other leader of a division will play the higher of the two wild card teams. That leaves the 2nd and 3rd teams in each of the two divisions. What decides who plays who of those four teams that are left?

Archived