The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible Round 1 Matchup Predictions?

IbanezRG

I'm a guy who wants LA (yes, I'm serious) but I would love to see Horvat shut down Monahan and us Taking the series :)

LA's the last team I want. They just know how to win in the playoffs. They could limp into the last wild card spot and just flip a switch to beastmode.

Vancouver vs Calgary or LA

Canucks Sweep both teams in 4 games

Then jets who beat Anaheim will get pushed aside by us in 5 and then we Sweep the blues and go on to the scf where we beat the penguins in 5.

NuxforcupBOOYA

An abundance of positivity - way to be kid! :towel:

Well aside from the OP clearly having zero knowledge about how the playoffs brackets are set up and proceeding to defend himself by making fun of posters who actually have legitimate predictions...

I'm going to say we play LA in the first round. I'd love to play Calgary and I think that would be both a great matchup for us, but also a very exciting playoff series, but I really don't see Calgary holding onto 3rd in the Pacific (I expect them to take a wildcard).

I think that we can take LA in 6 or 7 this year. LA will not be considered an underdog, even if they barely make it into the playoffs, so that removes a lot of pressure from the Canuck players. Quick is not the goaltender he once was and I think that the young players on the Canucks will bring enough heart to bounce LA.

With that said, I don't see the Canucks getting past Nashville. If Nashville is knocked out before we have to meet them, then I think we have a legitimate chance at the Cup as the Canucks always perform stellar against eastern conference teams.

With that said, I don't see the Canucks getting past Nashville. If Nashville is knocked out before we have to meet them, then I think we have a legitimate chance at the Cup as the Canucks always perform stellar against eastern conference teams.

Yee buddy!!! Pray!!

In my humble opinion

1st round:

STL @ MIN - 4-3 Series

NSH @ CHI - 4-2 Series

ANA @ WPG - 4-0 Series

VAN @ CGY - 4-3 Series

MTL @ OTT - 4-3 Series

TBL @ DET - 4-2 Series

NYR @ WSH - 4-2 Series

NYI @ PIT - 4-2 Series

2nd Round:

STL @ CHI - 4-2 Series

ANA @ VAN - 4-2 Series

MTL @ DET - 4-3 Series

NYR @ PIT - 4-1 Series

3rd Round:

STL @ VAN - 4-1 Series (Biased based on 3-0 Conf finals Record)

MTL @ NYR - 4-3 Series

Final:

VAN @ MTL - 4-3 Series

If CGY wins 1st round:

2nd round:

STL @ CHI - 4-2 Series

ANA @ CGY - 4-1 Series

MTL @ DET - 4-3 Series

NYR @ PIT - 4-1 Series

3rd Round:

STL @ ANA - 4-2 Series (Biased based on 3-0 Conf finals Record)

MTL @ NYR - 4-3 Series

Final:

STL @ MTL - 4-3 Series

Reasoning:

VAN @ CGY can go either way.

are-you-high-o.gif

Ideal situation to close out the regular season, would be going on a HUGE run(12-2-2, for 26 pts). At the same time, Anaheim flounders, finishing 7-7. We'd win the Pacific Div by a point! Hopefully matching up with a weak, beat-up, & sliding wildcard team.

Pac Div...

Van-106 pts

Ana-105

...I'd like this a lot.

I wouldn't mind this either, but I'd rather face Calgary than Minnesota and agree with what thad said

Flames would be perfect. They'd make us work for it but lack the game breakers to blow us open and get us rattled. Couldn't be a better team to face in the first round and get our feet wet.

I'm worried that if the Canucks faced Calgary they would underestimate them huge and the Flames would come out storming causing a potential upset. Don't wanna underestimate the Flames that's for sure

But they are still apart of the easy path to the finals and I'm all for that.

LA's the last team I want. They just know how to win in the playoffs. They could limp into the last wild card spot and just flip a switch to beastmode.

yeah but by that logic, why not just give 'em the Cup at the end of the regular season?

as they say, there's a reason the games are played

as they also say, don't fear the reaper (just beat him like a cowbell)

post-8232-Will-Ferrell-cowbell-gif-Imgur

A series with the Flames would be a good first round matchup. It would be some exciting hockey. I would be worried by Calgary's never-quit-we-love-comebacks hockey, but I would hope our playoff experience would make the difference. It is still a better physical matchup that the rest of the conference though.

This part does terrify me about facing Calgary. I'd hate to be the victim of epic comebacks.

yeah but by that logic, why not just give 'em the Cup at the end of the regular season?

as they say, there's a reason the games are played

as they also say, don't fear the reaper (just beat him like a cowbell)

post-8232-Will-Ferrell-cowbell-gif-Imgur

Yeah it would be a great series I'd just rather go up against someone less experienced in the first round to get our momentum going. LA I could see giving us Chicago style mental breakdowns with all their game breakers. Even if we beat them we may blow it all in that series like 2011.

Archived