The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New laser treatment turns brown eyes blue

drummer4now

If this is safe, I dont see it as any different than other cosmetic stuff like nose jobs or hair implants or whatever.

My parents are mixed eye color with my dad brown and my mom green and mine and my sister are blue while my brother's are brown. I guess you never know what's gonna mix and come out as what.

My grandpa had blue eyes but only one his children got it (one of my uncles). Genetics for eyes are extremely complex.

My grandpa had blue eyes but only one his children got it (one of my uncles). Genetics for eyes are extremely complex.

Yeah, its odd. My friend and his wife have brown eyes but their kid has bright blue eyes. Plus I heard that two blue eyed people cant have a brown eyed baby. Dont know if thats true.

Yeah, its odd. My friend and his wife have brown eyes but their kid has bright blue eyes. Plus I heard that two blue eyed people cant have a brown eyed baby. Dont know if thats true.

GM you gotta read the whole thread..

Yeah it's weird unlike hair color..

1. Eye color is not an example of a simple genetic trait, and blue eyes are not determined by a recessive allele at one gene. Instead, eye color is determined by variation at several different genes and the interactions between them, and this makes it possible for two blue-eyed parents to have brown-eyed children.

udel.edu/~mcdonald/mytheyecolor.html

I was actually about to comment that it's recessive, then I did a quick google and turns out that eye colour is way more complex than recessive vs. dominant genes.

It is also the combination of the colour of the stroma (determined by multiple genes) and the refractive patterns of light scattering within the eye. If you have a certain type of stroma inherited by other genes but all the melanin is drained out with this procedure, you could end up with green eyes instead.

I have what I'd describe as nearly black (even with a flashlight pointed at me) eyes and sunshine is intolerable. I tear up fast or squint even in an overcast day and I was told by my optometrist that my pupils are far too large (hence the blackening, my iris is barely visible). Too much light is absorbed in my case. Gives me top notch night vision but I am crippled in the day time.

I wonder how many people attributing things about their eyes to their eye colour have it actually because of their pupils.

It is also the combination of the colour of the stroma (determined by multiple genes) and the refractive patterns of light scattering within the eye. If you have a certain type of stroma inherited by other genes but all the melanin is drained out with this procedure, you could end up with green eyes instead.

I have what I'd describe as nearly black (even with a flashlight pointed at me) eyes and sunshine is intolerable. I tear up fast or squint even in an overcast day and I was told by my optometrist that my pupils are far too large (hence the blackening, my iris is barely visible). Too much light is absorbed in my case. Gives me top notch night vision but I am crippled in the day time.

I wonder how many people attributing things about their eyes to their eye colour have it actually because of their pupils.

My eyes are similar to that... Except they're brown with large pupils.

I tear up too easily during sunny days and when it's windy. So annoying lol because it looks like I am crying..

Do your eyes ever burn?

My eyes are similar to that... Except they're brown with large pupils.

I tear up too easily during sunny days and when it's windy. So annoying lol because it looks like I am crying..

Do your eyes ever burn?

Yeah, I was told to get polarized (not just the spray on) shades to wear most of the year and my doctor recommended Maui Jims. Pricey but well worth it. They used to trigger migraines from the sun.

When I went in for a yearly checkup, my doctor had to dilate my eyes to look within. There was no observable difference between my eyes before and after the eye drops that numb the muscles. He even asked if I was high. lol. Like this:

tumblr_m2r3btAYLg1qh75xzo1_500.jpg

Changing the eye colour is not going to improve your looks. If anything, it's worse because it will look unnatural. I remember a fad of coloured contact lenses. I don't see them at all anymore.

So hooray for science, and those who can't accept their beauty as it is. If changing brown eyes to blue gives them the confidence they didn't have before, more power to them.

it's not that you don't see them anymore, they are just much more natural looking so you can't tell anymore.

it's not that you don't see them anymore, they are just much more natural looking so you can't tell anymore.

I dunno it was big a few decades ago when colored ones first came out. Lotsa talk about it, advertisements etc people bought them, then it all went away. But yeah, if you regularly wear contacts its easy enough to order color ones.

Have you seen how efficient the Chinese cashiers are in Chinatown??

Yes, but the German cashiers are even better.

They just force you to work at the store and bag it all yourself. I don't think I need to tell you what happens if you aren't fast enough.

That is efficiency.

Archived