The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fear the Walking Dead

avelanch

Is it actually filmed in Vancouver?

My sister saw a crew filming around Queensborough with a bunch of extras that are dressed as zombies so maybe they're filming season 2 right now.

I think you are right..they said it would be filmed in the Lower Mainland and Im sure tonights episode showed some scenes in New West Secondary School.

This could be a very good show if things are done right, great start.

None of the characters annoyed me. Nick & Chris could be interesting to get to know - that Tobias kid with the knife could be scary in 6 months time, if he survives. Totally different feel from The Walking Dead, but I'm already hoping for an eventual crossover of some kind.

I liked the pilot episode and the story line so far. The wife complained it was boring and slow. I agree that it was slow and some scenes were drawn out too long (the cafe with the dealer) but since we don't know any of these characters, it's going to take some time to develop them a bit.

I liked the pilot episode and the story line so far. The wife complained it was boring and slow. I agree that it was slow and some scenes were drawn out too long (the cafe with the dealer) but since we don't know any of these characters, it's going to take some time to develop them a bit.

I think they focused on developing the characters. Good idea

I really enjoyed it. I really didn't like the first ep of Walking Dead and I absolutely love that show now, so this pilot not sucking is a great sign as far as I'm concerned

I am with you on not enjoying the first Walking Dead episode too much. But that last scene in it was amazing. The combination of music playing in the background and sun shining down was excellent. It was an epiphany moment where Rick was able to immediately accept the new world he was living in.

This show also had somewhat of a 'realization' ending. I felt the family knew the dealer friend had to be taken out, they just don't understand why yet.

I don't really like the main lead. She seems to have the same facial expression for every situation. They just saw a childhood friend get hit by a car twice and still move yet she acted like it's something she's seen before. Nick, on the other hand, did a very good job.

Because it is so early in the outbreak, I think the main theme will be fear, as the crappy title says. We are used to the Walking Dead theme of survival at all costs.

I personally am hoping to find this spin-off more enjoyable. There is no comic to follow so the writers can take this anywhere and run with it. We don't have to deal with the fans of the comic complaining that the producers/writers are 'changing' the story.

The good news is, if you don't like a character, they might be gone before you know it...

The first episode was filmed in LA..the remaining 5 episodes will be filmed in Vancouver..I was confused in the first episode with all the palm trees but this explains it...I also have trouble with the female lead..really emotionless for what is happening to her son and city...

Production of the pilot episode began in early 2015 and ended on February 6, 2015.[24][25] The pilot episode was filmed in Los Angeles; the remaining first season episodes will be filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia.[26] Production began on the remaining five first-season episodes on May 11, 2015, in Vancouver.[7] Adam Davidson, who directed the pilot, also directed the series' second and third episodes.[7]

Funny how all these newer shows have to use some type of music in the background for every other scene, like as if the acting itself couldn't do it by itself. Thankfully they showed a bit of zombie action towards the ending otherwise I would of felt they beater around the bush way too much. Overall a very decent pilot to start off the season.

I can give a bit of a pass to the female lead, she is a burning out counselor, with a long term drug addict son and the pressure of trying to form a new family. Heck I'm wiped just from typing that, living it would be very draining.

I wonder if the virus started in that church/shooting gallery? After watching episode one I'm tempted to buy a good, used older model truck; I think it would come in handy, just in case.

Archived