The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fear the Walking Dead

avelanch

K..... What are you guys talking about. A ton of things happened. You had the detention center, torture, soldier battles, a plan to kill all the residents, and....oh a stadium full of zombies. The closer guy is a kick ass character too.

That was a great episode.

K..... What are you guys talking about. A ton of things happened. You had the detention center, torture, soldier battles, a plan to kill all the residents, and....oh a stadium full of zombies. The closer guy is a kick ass character too.

That was a great episode.

Ruben Blades is a good actor/musician I think his character as the father figure latino is great..as for the others...not so much..Im actually hoping the father gets killed...what a dope...dont like him.

Its falling into the people against people aspect like the current walking dead...losing interest and fast....

Yeah......people vs. people is the whole premise of the show/comic. The zombies have always been just he background that creates the conflict. Perhaps this show isn't for you.

Yeah......people vs. people is the whole premise of the show/comic. The zombies have always been just he background that creates the conflict. Perhaps this show isn't for you.

But there is more to this show than People versus people....its call The Walking Dead and "Fear" the Walking dead lol....maybe they should change the title then as it's misleading.

For you to say the that this is the premise is wrong imo. And yes you will say that it is my opinion. The titles of these films are what draws the audience. With the last episode of the soldiers going in to the building and we only get to hear the battle on the hum-v radio was so bad. George sed it best.

George R Romero: It feels like I don’t have a horse in the race. They asked me to do a couple of episodes of The Walking Dead but I didn’t want to be a part of it. Basically it’s just a soap opera with a zombie occasionally. I always used the zombie as a character for satire or a political criticism and I find that missing in what’s happening now.

I think the main issue with this show is people are forgetting that this HAPPENS at the start of the outbreak and thus the people are well dumb. Remember is this world no one knows what a zombie is so some of the characters dumb behavior kind of makes sense. It is frustrating to watch for us especially since we know what will happen but for any of the characters well there is reason they are all so dumb.

The other issue is none of the characters are very likable, not really in comparison to the first season of the walking dead...however unlike the vast majority of people whining about this show I think certain characters have potential.

Madison started off as super annoying but has been getting more and more interesting as the show goes on. I still dislike her kids though if that 'insurance' guy sticks round with Mr. Druggie then there could be some interesting outcomes.

Her husband and his whiny brat just need to be fed to the zombies. Seriously anyone one else creep out by him 'checking' out his step sister. It's like really....

Really Daniel and his daughter (her possible reaction to his 'true self') are the most interesting family dynamic.

I also think Daniel could become A Governor type character. He sure isn't the 'innocent' old man he started out to be.

Plot wise I like how they are telling the story, how it's progressing. I just wish the characters were a little more likable. It's kind of sad when the most interesting character tortures people.

But there is more to this show than People versus people....its call The Walking Dead and "Fear" the Walking dead lol....maybe they should change the title then as it's misleading.

For you to say the that this is the premise is wrong imo. And yes you will say that it is my opinion. The titles of these films are what draws the audience. With the last episode of the soldiers going in to the building and we only get to hear the battle on the hum-v radio was so bad. George sed it best.

George R Romero: It feels like I don’t have a horse in the race. They asked me to do a couple of episodes of The Walking Dead but I didn’t want to be a part of it. Basically it’s just a soap opera with a zombie occasionally. I always used the zombie as a character for satire or a political criticism and I find that missing in what’s happening now.

TWD has never held itself out to be a Romero style zombie film. The mass appeal of the show is the people. TWD has always used zombies as a plot device to advance the conflict between people in a desperate environment.

I really don't see the appeal of a weekly show that depends on a zombie gore fest every episode. I'm not discrediting Romero in any way, but what he does is clearly different and meant to appeal to a different audience.

TWD has never held itself out to be a Romero style zombie film. The mass appeal of the show is the people. TWD has always used zombies as a plot device to advance the conflict between people in a desperate environment.

I really don't see the appeal of a weekly show that depends on a zombie gore fest every episode. I'm not discrediting Romero in any way, but what he does is clearly different and meant to appeal to a different audience.

And Romero hasn't made a decent zombie film since Land of the Dead which was pretty cheesy. Diary and Survival of the Dead were garbage. The Walking Dead has far exceeded Romero's world, and the old creep is just jealous now. The zombies in TWD are the best ever.

As for FTWD, it's a polarizing show. I personally enjoy the slow burn of the first season. If I want the intestines and rotting flesh and head shots I can wait a couple more weeks.

People seem to forget that this, as you said taxi, is at the beginning of the outbreak.

Again, all of this.

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/a5a0ca15a1/the-9-most-ridiculous-things-from-last-night-s-fear-the-walking-dead-season-finale?_cc=S_d___&_ccid=y4ffz8.nklm1d

Lame season finale. Show was nowhere close to what it could have been.

Big ending was having to kill that woman--so what. Wasn't invested in her at all, not sure how anyone could be.

And how the hell did that guy that was left beaten to a pulp just randomly show up in the parkade right at that moment?

Again, all of this.

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/a5a0ca15a1/the-9-most-ridiculous-things-from-last-night-s-fear-the-walking-dead-season-finale?_cc=S_d___&_ccid=y4ffz8.nklm1d

Big ending was having to kill that woman--so what. Wasn't invested in her at all, not sure how anyone could be.

And how the hell did that guy that was left beaten to a pulp just randomly show up in the parkade right at that moment?

To bad the woman didnt turn on he ex husband and kill him...what a dolt.

Again, all of this.

He told Travis where to go, so he must have known that would be where Travis would be.

I couldn't figure out why he chose to shoot the daughter though...

And you're right about the ending. I'm totally fine with characters being killed off, but don't kill of the character that the audience would arguably be least attached to, and then expect that scene to be some hard-hitting emotional moment.

Oh, and not that I know a lot of people with yachts, but I feel like those who own yachts don't just park them in the middle of the ocean. One of the cool parts of having a yacht is that you get to tell people you're going down to the yacht club for a light brunch and some racquetball.

He told Travis where to go, so he must have known that would be where Travis would be.

I couldn't figure out why he chose to shoot the daughter though...

And you're right about the ending. I'm totally fine with characters being killed off, but don't kill of the character that the audience would arguably be least attached to, and then expect that scene to be some hard-hitting emotional moment.

Oh, and not that I know a lot of people with yachts, but I feel like those who own yachts don't just park them in the middle of the ocean. One of the cool parts of having a yacht is that you get to tell people you're going down to the yacht club for a light brunch and some racquetball.

A lot of people do anchor them in the ocean. Especially if you owned a property like that. You build your own dock, then get a smaller boat, which you ride out to your big boat. If you were entertaining, it would be great to be able to bring people directly from your house to the yacht, without having to drive to a busy harbour. It's also possible he moved the boat sometime between when things started going down hill and being detained.

I thought the ex-wife character was a good one to kill. Although the double wife scenario could have have led to some good drama down the road. I felt like she was resigned to her fate a little too early though. Even after seeing what she saw, I don't think you'd conclude that a relatively superficial bite would necessarily lead to death...unless she was already starting to feel some pretty bad symptoms that is.

Overall, I think the greatest challenge with FWD is that they only had 6 episodes. It's pretty hard to tell any kind of meaningful story or develop characters in that time. For me it was still better than no Walking Dead, and it kept me entertained without having to resort to an extended season of the TWD and useless filler episodes.

Again, all of this.

I was a bit disappointed too.

Not much shock factor in there.

The best part was when the barber led the zombie horde in to the camp. lol

I was a bit disappointed too.

Not much shock factor in there.

The best part was when the barber led the zombie horde in to the camp. lol

Yeah how dumb was that--hey I'll go unlock this stadium full of zombies, walk casually in front of them with my flashlight, make a witty comment to armed guys when I get to the fence and then disappear, all so I can create a diversion to get myself into a locked compound. Foolproof!

Archived