The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eastside Hockey Manager 2015/Early Access Edition

Rick Grimes

Be warned that the save file for that challenge has Corrado traded and some draft picks from trades that occurred before/during the real season are either on the wrong team or are wrong year.

I'm doing the challenge, but in an unofficial capacity because I took the time to place the correct draft picks with the correct time.

I think I'll make my rebuild a little more realistic as well (there's no way the twins/Edler or Bieksa waive their NTC).

Edited by Tanev's Smirk

So finished my first season..13th in the west. I got the 5th OA in the Draft.

Horvat 76GP - 17G + 28A = 45P for a 3rd liner :emot-parrot:

Making some trades in the season and on the draft day. For e.g.:

Vey, Friesen + Weber -> 2nd + 3rd

5th OA, 65th OA -> 10th + 12th OA

Vrbata, Hansen + 4th -> 17th OA + 2nd

Miller + late 2nd -> 21st

Higgins, Matthias, Cannata, Andersson + 3rd '16 -> S.Morin

I picked Merkley, Barzal, Roy, Connor with my 4 1st rounder.

Sign M.Green $ 4.5/4y and Beleskey $ 3.5/3y.

My Line-Up for next season

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Jensen

Beleskey - Horvat - Kassian

Burrows - Bonino - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Bärtschi

Kenins - Cassels - Grenier

Hamhuis - Green

Edler - Tanev

S.Morin - Clendening

Stanton/Cederholm - Corrado/Subban

Markström

Läck

Ericsson

I got a great trade offer from FLA

Bjugstad + 3rd -> Bieksa, Sbisa, 2nd

...confirmed and then the trade collapsed because the NTC from Juicy :mellow: Is it possible to ask players to waive their NTC?

Edited by Cocolocci

So finished my first season..13th in the west. I got the 5th OA in the Draft.

Horvat 76GP - 17G + 28A = 45P for a 3rd liner :emot-parrot:

Making some trades in the season and on the draft day. For e.g.:

Vey, Friesen + Weber -> 2nd + 3rd

5th OA, 65th OA -> 10th + 12th OA

Vrbata, Hansen + 4th -> 17th OA + 2nd

Miller + late 2nd -> 21st

Higgins, Matthias, Cannata, Andersson + 3rd '16 -> S.Morin

I picked Merkley, Barzal, Roy, Connor with my 4 1st rounder.

Sign M.Green $ 4.5/4y and Beleskey $ 3.5/3y.

My Line-Up for next season

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Jensen

Beleskey - Horvat - Kassian

Burrows - Bonino - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Bärtschi

Kenins - Cassels - Grenier

Hamhuis - Green

Edler - Tanev

S.Morin - Clendening

Stanton/Cederholm - Corrado/Subban

Markström

Läck

Ericsson

I got a great trade offer from FLA

Bjugstad + 3rd -> Bieksa, Sbisa, 2nd

...confirmed and then the trade collapsed because the NTC from Juicy :mellow: Is it possible to ask players to waive their NTC?

If you discipline a player for no reason it makes them unhappy and willing to waive

• Upvote 1

Treating one of your players poorly can have a negative impact on the team though. Don't abuse that, or other players will start to get upset and may not re-sign with you. I think it has an impact on how free agents view your team as well, but I'm not 100% on that.

Where is that?!

I don't have it, but I know that you could go on vacation or just choose not to view the games (by default you choose to view the games, but there's an option on the matchup screen that you click that disables viewing the game) in 2007.

So I just finished up a re-do season and Eddie managed to steal the starting job two weeks in. Miller was complete garbage and will be dealt for whatever pick/depth player I can get for him.

The entire season was bizarre as my defence combined for under 40 points.

Bah... time to trade everyone for 4th's.

So I just finished up a re-do season and Eddie managed to steal the starting job two weeks in. Miller was complete garbage and will be dealt for whatever pick/depth player I can get for him.

The entire season was bizarre as my defence combined for under 40 points.

Bah... time to trade everyone for 4th's.

Oliver Kylington and Tyson Barrie are a match made in heaven in EHM. Might be something to think about down the road.

Edited by deadendpath

I encourage everyone that plays EHM:EA to check out EHM's new challenge on their website. It's titled "Challenge #37 - Blowing Up The Canucks!". Super fun, just finished my first year, didn't think it would be as fun as it is. You basically have to get rid of anyone that's over the age of 29 or going to be turning 29 at the start of the 2015 season. You can't sign any UFA's or make any waiver claims. You have about 2 weeks to trade everyone away before the draft and after the draft you can't make anymore trades and have to play with what you have for the season until the next draft.

I encourage everyone that plays EHM:EA to check out EHM's new challenge on their website. It's titled "Challenge #37 - Blowing Up The Canucks!". Super fun, just finished my first year, didn't think it would be as fun as it is. You basically have to get rid of anyone that's over the age of 29 or going to be turning 29 at the start of the 2015 season. You can't sign any UFA's or make any waiver claims. You have about 2 weeks to trade everyone away before the draft and after the draft you can't make anymore trades and have to play with what you have for the season until the next draft.

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/challenge.php

Is 2015 still as bad as 2007 for the absolute ridiculous production you sometimes get out of bad players? I've got 2007 (with 2009 roster updates lol) and I won the Calder with a 26 year old rookie McQuaid. All my scouts said he was limited potential/depth, but he put up 50 points in 82 games on my bottom pairing with no PP time.

Is 2015 still as bad as 2007 for the absolute ridiculous production you sometimes get out of bad players? I've got 2007 (with 2009 roster updates lol) and I won the Calder with a 26 year old rookie McQuaid. All my scouts said he was limited potential/depth, but he put up 50 points in 82 games on my bottom pairing with no PP time.

Tomas Tatar is still rated 'good', despite scoring over 450 career goals now.