The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jacob Markstrom sent down to Utica = Miller is back

TheRussianRocket.

this team is a solid group of vets that have been here before .. they know what it takes . and Im guessing , they learned valuable lessons by losing before

There are no lessons to be learned. Teams lose to bottom feeders all the time (EDM might have ended LA's season). It's just the way the puck bounces sometimes.

No... You are both wrong... One win guarantees us second place. We win the tie break if Calgary ties us. 2 points and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Actually I believe you are wrong. We are tied in R/OT wins, so the next tiebreaker is head-to-head points where Calgary beats us by a point. 5 For Calgary to 4 For Vancouver.

Indeed, it looks like that means he'll back up Lack tonight and start on Saturday vs the Oilers. I expect he'll start the playoffs too. Hopefully he blows us away and kills any worries of him falling behind Lack in the goal-tending race!

Miller put for months, healthy a week before the playoffs. Hmmm... Is this believable...?

I'm with you, it's a bit of a headscratcher as to how his injury wasn't even talked about for at least a month and then all of a sudden he made the trip to Winnipeg... for an hour practice. Now, less than a week later he's good to go?

In addition to this, his injury sort of coincides with his kid's birth. I don't doubt that the month he was injured he spent in LA with his wife as opposed to rehab/physio. I don't think his presence on the bench helps Eddie either, knowing now that Miller is there and able to replace him with the slightest mistake.

In addition to all of this, these last two games would have been great to move Markstrom along in his development. They're games against weak teams granted, but to give Markstrom some wins under his belt and keep him fresh is never a bad thing.

No... You are both wrong... One win guarantees us second place. We win the tie break if Calgary ties us. 2 points and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Actually I believe you are wrong. We are tied in R/OT wins, so the next tiebreaker is head-to-head points where Calgary beats us by a point. 5 For Calgary to 4 For Vancouver.

If Calgary wins both games in regulation or OT, and the Canucks only get 1 more reg/OT win, then:

Vancouver and Calgary would be tied in points with 99

Calgary would have 42 ROW

Vancouver would have 41 ROW

So Calgary would finish 2nd in the Pacific.

To clinch 2nd in the Pacific, our magic number is 1.5

• 2 wins (any) by Vancouver
  • 1 win (any) plus an OT/SO loss by Vancouver
  • 1 win (any) by Vancouver plus 1 loss (any) by Calgary
  • 1 OT/SO loss by Vancouver, plus 1 regulation loss by Calgary, or 2 OT/SO losses by Calgary

Guest Dasein

Win tonight with Lack and play Miller vs EDM who he is undefeated against so that he's game-ready when called upon if Lack falters in the playoffs (very possible)

Are people seriously calling a conspiracy on Miller coming back now?

I'm hearing from reliable sources it was them aliens. A full fleet coming at us. NASA flew Miller up to the space station, the aliens couldn't get a ship past him so now they're headed for Mars.

They finally clinched, our Green n' Blue, with games remaining only 2...

what to do... what to do... what to do...?

Is mighty Miller for certain back, to warm the bench and watch the Lack ???

Just watch one game against Arizona, and let's not take them granted or lose we're gonna,

'cause they can still play hockey, don't be cocky.... remember Dolph?.... against the Rocky?

So slay the Yotes then host The Oil, and that's where Ryan gets his toil.

To gather his game and make sure he's not lame

For we all need that knee to be okay,

IT'S THE STANLEY CUP ! WE'RE GOIN' ALL THE WAY ! ! !

now let us pray

Got to feel for Markstrom. All year he was hoping for a proper shot up in Vancouver. Ended up with 1 and a quarter games. Not enough to get any kind of roll to see just what this guy can do in the NHL. One of the top AHL goalies when he was playing.

Would have been smart to find out just what he can do here at some point in the season. If he would have proved himself as a backup, Benning could have had a clearer option of trading Miller this Summer, freeing up 6 million in cap space that we could use to re-sign Matthias for one.

Indeed, it looks like that means he'll back up Lack tonight and start on Saturday vs the Oilers. I expect he'll start the playoffs too. Hopefully he blows us away and kills any worries of him falling behind Lack in the goal-tending race!

I can imagine WD won't give him much room for error, judging by Lack playing so well and keeping us in playoff contention.

Joke. If we are to make a goalie decision this off-season, shouldn't we at least see what we have in Markstrom before the summer?

Why have Miller back when he's just going to sit on the bench.

Joke. If we are to make a goalie decision this off-season, shouldn't we at least see what we have in Markstrom before the summer?

How are we really going to see what we have in Markstrom in two games that don't really mean anything against two of the worst teams in the NHL? Not exactly the barometer you're looking for.

Miller will get more out of being on the bench and with the team than he will sitting at home. Plus, he may get some game time and that could be important as we roll into the playoffs.

Guest Dasein

We can't afford to - at least at the NHL level

Lack gives us the best chance to win tonight (over Markstrom), and Linden has said Miller likely gets Saturday vs EDM so he has a game under his belt before going into the playoffs

We can see what Jacob does in the AHL Calder Cup run, but no more at the NHL level barring injuries

If Lack has a bad game or two or god forbid an injury would you like Miller coming in or Markstrom?

Archived