The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who does the Play by Play of the first round?

*Buzzsaw*

John and John are the only good combo. Cuthbert is great too but doubt we'd get him.

I just pray to dear Lord I don't have to listen to Simpson. That guy is the biggest moron on the planet. I'll mute and turn on the radio if I have to hear to his sorry voice.

John and John are the only good combo. Cuthbert is great too but doubt we'd get him.

I just pray to dear Lord I don't have to listen to Simpson. That guy is the biggest moron on the planet. I'll mute and turn on the radio if I have to hear to his sorry voice.

Usually when he's talking about the replay he's showing on screen, I just zone him out and watch the replay only. Then again I'm really good at ignoring people's voices even though I can hear them talking.

I know that Garret is considered a 'Homer', and its true when the game is a regular season one.

But I think he is one of the most knowledgeable commentators out there... he spots things which go right over the other guys heads.

He really understands the game, not just the goaltending.

He also spot deflections and makes calls with a 95% accuracy.

I really hope it isn't Randolph. He has the most unlistenable voice ever.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

I would think Montreal gets Hughson since CBC ranks Montreal as a higher priority compared to the Canucks.

I really hope it isn't Randolph. He has the most unlistenable voice ever.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

I would think Montreal gets Hughson since CBC ranks Montreal as a higher priority compared to the Canucks.

Who?

You guys are talking about Randorf, right?

Or am I mistaken

Who?

You guys are talking about Randorf, right?

Or am I mistaken

Yes, they're talking about raspy-voiced Dave Randorf.

In every year the Canucks and Canadiens made the playoffs together since 2007 (except in 2013 when TSN covered the Canucks-Sharks), CBC has let Jim Hughson call Vancouver's first round series, so I don't expect that to change.

Usually when he's talking about the replay he's showing on screen, I just zone him out and watch the replay only. Then again I'm really good at ignoring people's voices even though I can hear them talking.

I hope to acquire this skill you have if he's calling any games.

Honestly I try but I get so angry and he ruins the games with his canucks hating silent jabs :@

It was cuthbert that called the series in 2004 right?

That guy has the best voice. He'd unbiased and really calls the game for what it is. I think that would be fair for both Vancouver and Calgary fans.

Shorty and especially Garrett might not be enjoyable for flames fans.

I just wish they'd stick to regional and let us British Columbians keep our John and John.

Really hoping John and John get to keep doing the casts...

Not looking forward to uninformed/Toronto-centric commentators telling us how things are.

Jim Hughson is top dog and he's from BC and was the Cunuck paly by play guy before CBC stold him

Archived