The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie Needs to shake it up

canadiangunner

I think WD's loyalty and stubbornness may be the downfall this playoffs. There were no adjustments made during the game yesterday despite being badly outplayed, out competed and outsmarted. I really think the team's offensive stars need to play more when you are down and searching for goals. What is the point of rolling out the higgins line when they were not generating anything?

Thats because its "a process" did you not know ? Thats what management has been telling the fans for years. I don't think anythings is going to be that much different with a bunch of old Canuck players in management.

Everyone was on Torts case but he must have quickly found the culture a losing battle here. Same thing happened with Iron Mike.

Really starting to wonder if a bad bug is going through the team. You could hear Juice coughing in the interview after last game. It would sure explain the nosedive from game 2 to game 3.

I'd try Vrbata up with the twins but on a short leash. I'd fear more of the Wideman doing a Marchand speedpunch on Daniel, and the bad mix of a general cerebral style playmaking of that Euro line in a freaking war zone. But the payoff it it works is a kickstart for the second with Burrows.

Bonino just is not a playoff performer. The Ducks knew this when they dumped him off on us. And Sbisa has a long way to go..if he ever gets there. Could be the first real bad deal that Bennings inked.

I'd like to see Baertschi called up. And Horvat moved up to the second. Matthias playing the third center and Bonino sitting for a game.

Bonino was good in last years playoffs

This

You do realise we were all over them in the 2nd game. Kind of busts your theory a bit. We are not gushy we had as many shots on goal as the Flames.

Our passing was a bit out of sync. I think we were intimidated by the crowd and I don't expect it to be repeated now that they have experienced it once.

WD needs to make adjustments, but I don't know line combo is the main problem. He can certainly put Stanton in instead of say, sbisa etc

The other more important issue is how they can counter flames forechecking and physicality

He has to show ability to adjust to be a great coach. He did fine for game 2. Let's see what he does for game 4.

sbisa? He's been the 2nd or 3rd best dman in the series and one of the only canucks throwing hits. Tanev has been completely invisible so far.

It doesn't sound like any of the Canucks or the coach are worried.

They keep sayin; "we've been doin it all year" meaning; coming back from being behind by a few goals.

The D better get their act together. To play like they did in game 3 an almost careless attitude should be unacceptable, but maybe thats their style, then surprize Calgary with 3 wins.

You know anyone can stand behind the bench and call out lines in order for the entire game. A coach is supposed to be able to adapt and line match etc. If we wanted someone to just roll 4 lines like a robot you could grab any random fan from the game to do that. It's disappointing to see how little coaching big Willie is actually doing.

Another lackluster non-physical effort from the team while the Flames pounded the body and forced turn-over after turn-over.

I try not to be negative but this was eminently predictable if Vancouver wasn't ready to commit to a physical series, which we still don't seem willing to do.

Going to have to climb Deficit Hill and overcome a 3-1 series gap now...I still have faith, but some very basic things need to change and number one on that list is finishing checks. Make the Flames wonder who is creeping on them, don't give them space with the puck and for God's sake don't let them just stand around our net.

Archived