The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is more cursed by the hockey gods? Canucks, St. Louis?

jbrown89898989

Who is more cursed by the hockey gods?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have to remember that the Bowman-era Blues only made the finals all those times due to the stupid conference alignment the NHL had going on at the time.

Technically, they've been around longer though, so their suffering is up there. But do they have to endure as much hate perpetuated by eastern media hordes? Not even close.

St. Louis (67-present): + the finals were in the late sixties ('68 Montreal, '69 Montreal, '70 Boston) and all of them were 4-0. Since then, 1 Presidents' Trophy (1999–2000), and 9 division titles (1968–69, 1969–70, 1976–77, 1980–81, 1984–85, 1986–87, 1999–2000, 2011–12, 2014–15)

Ottawa (92-present): SCF in '07, against Anaheim (4-1), 1 Conference championship (2006–07), 1 Presidents' Trophy (2002–03), 4 divison championships (1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06)

Nashville (98-present): - nothing

Vancouver (70-present): SCF in '82 Islanders (4-0), '94 Rangers (4-3), '11 Boston (4-3), 3 Conference championships (1981–82, 1993–94, 2010–11), 2 Presidents' Trophies (2010–11, 2011–12) and 10 divison championships (1974–75, 1991–92, 1992–93, 2003–04, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13)

LOL!!

STL will just trade for Malkin and their issues will be largely resolved. Neither of us are cursed. We got JB imo one of the most talented GM's in the league. We aren't cursed if we were we would be the edmonton oilers of the past 10 years. They finally got some luck now with McDavid/Chirarelli.

Edmonton has had lots of luck over the last few years with their first overalls.

Washington Capitals.

4 years younger than the Canucks, and ZERO Stanley Cup appearances.

If you disregard the "Original Six" era, then the Leafs. No Cup appearances since 1967.

They did have one appearance in '98 but they were swept by Detroit. So the Capitals have never won a SCF game and I guess St.Louis never has either, that's pretty bad.

I think the Canucks are definitely one member of the 'cursed teams club' though. We're not the only ones.

So.....we lose because we don't have a lumberjack on our jersey? In case you didn't know the old Canucks never had the lumberjack on their uniforms, only until the very end of their WHL tenure.

Don't see a lumberjack here:

aeaf_1.jpg

68-69VanCan_zpsftgwo4kl.jpg

In fact I don't think they went to the Johnny Canuck until the last season:

our_game_gallery_23_slide_zps72dsqlw4.jp

Johnny Canuck was the Canucks' official team logo throughout their PCHL/WHL existence. Even when it wasn't on the jerseys, JC represented the Canucks' brand.

St. Louis for sure.

They had four solid lines, good D, maybe their goaltending was green?

But STL was expected to challenge for the cup.

Nashville is Nashville and we expect nothing of them.

The Canucks and Sens over-achieved making the playoffs.

Now it will be interesting to see if Hitchcock land sin EDM.

Hands down it's St. Louis. They have been dominant for the last few years and had great teams in the past as well. Lately, they have a team that's worthy of winning the Cup, but it just so happens that the West has other teams that are also worthy to win it (i.e Chicago, Los Angeles, Minnesota).

While I'm not a fan of either the Blues or the Wild, I was disappointed that they ended up playing each other in the first round this year, because whomever the loser was going to be, they deserved a better fate than the Flames or Canucks.

As for the Canucks, they're not cursed. They haven't been dominant since the 2011-2012 season. Outside of Vancouver, nobody thought much of the Canucks going into the playoffs (or for this season to be honest). Nobody expected them to make any noise this season. I remember at the start of the season (and in numerous threads about the Canucks trading for Kane) saying that the Canucks were going to be battling it out for the the 6-8 spots. They ended up playing exactly like I thought. They weren't dominant enough to be considered a favorite, nor were they bad enough to tank.

Long story short, St. Louis.

Saw from 2003-2011 the San Jose sharks finished either first or second in the Pacific Division and never made it to the Stanley cup finals. Between that time period they lost in the conference finals 3 times going 3-12 (lost to Flames in 6, blackhawks in 4 and canucks in 5 :towel: . They might actually be worse off then Canucks and blues. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_San_Jose_Sharks_seasons

Sorry to say but there is no such thing as "hockey gods". just as there is no Easter bunny, Santa Claus or tooth fairy.

I hate to rain on your parade but this is a ridiculous term that I am tired of hearing all the time.

Archived