The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

help plz

-Stammer-

I wear hard contact lenses called a-okay which I put on in the night and take out in the morning, it gives me 20/20 vision throughout the day. But when I was taking them off in the morning one of them wasn't coming off, I felt like it was stuck and it was making clicking noises when I tried taking it out. are they in my eye or not? both of my eyes look the same and none of them are irritated or sore, also I can't feel any thing like a contact lens in my eye. Anyone here an eye doctor or something that can help? I don't want anything bad to happen to my eye.

It's hard to say really. I can tell just by looking at my eyes if mine are in or not.

Try placing your finger on your eye and very gently move it to the side while still touching it. Your contact should move if it's in.

Whatever you do, don't pull. You could be pulling on the "skin" of your eyes

I'm sorry, but those clicking noise you hear is your eye socket slowing detaching. You're going to be permanently blind, and die a fatal death. I give you 3 weeks, give or take.

Trust me, I'm an eye doctor.

I'm sorry, but those clicking noise you hear is your eye socket slowing detaching. You're going to be permanently blind, and die a fatal death. I give you 3 weeks, give or take.

Trust me, I'm an eye doctor.

Call my pun cornea, but eye don't think detaching sockets will lead to death...

Yeah, my son wears those.

He puts them in every night, and takes them out when he wakes up in the morning.

Doesn't use glasses or contacts during the day.

They re-shape the eye to the correct shape while you are sleeping,

I wish they had that when I was a kid!

Dr. Google:

Grab rewetting eye drops and apply to your eye. Be liberal, as the more moisture increases the chance that the lens will dislodge from your eyelid.

Massage the upper and lower portions of your eyelid until your lens dislodges. This may take a bit of work, and it's important not to use force on your eyes, but will usually succeed in getting the lens out from your eyelid.

Gently grab your eyelid, and turn inside out. Look in the mirror for any lens fragments, and carefully remove them. Rinse your eyes with saline solution afterward.

See your eye doctor if the above techniques do not work. It's important to note that your lens may have fallen out without noticing if you do not feel anything foreign in your eyes.

But it sounds like it fell out or got misplaced in your eye socket. This annoyance and a couple eye infections from contacts reminds me why I eventually opted for lasik.

Overall, any lenses worn overnight increases the chances of infection eightfold. But companies say materials and such used nowadays help.

Good luck.

Archived