Provost

I predict:

Richardson gone

Higgins gone

Hansen gone

Bieksa gone

Miller gone

Baertschi Virtanen make the big club.

Kassian stays and has a healthy year with around 50pts.

Jensen and some other fringe prospects traded for some 2nd/3rd round picks.

Also, I predict Kesler demands trade back to Vancouver and then the world implodes.

That is all.

➤ Neither Matthias or Richardson are signed

➤ Higgins is traded

➤ Eddie Lack is a Canuck to start the season

➤ Neither Bieksa or Hammer are traded

I like trading Edler too, as Tanev made him his personal repair-project. It REALLY makes Tanev valuable. He's helped to resuscitate Eddie, & consequently regained some value. This all just after winning the 'Green jacket'.

Now you move Tanev on to Sbisa, & see if he's truly a miracle-worker.

It's like having a doctor within the group on a lost lifeboat.

What i want to see happen

Higgins traded for a 3rd rounder

Bieksa traded for a 2nd rounder

Miller traded to EDM for their 2nd rounder

Matthais NOT RESIGNED

Richardson resigned

A Grenier on the team

Mcquaid signed on 3rd pair with Sbisa

Corrado gets 2nd pairing with Hamhuis

Jensen traded for LATE 2ND

Younger, faster and stronger is what brings success. They got it right at the World Championship.

Trading for veterans that are on the down slide...never a good thing...i.e., Messier, Sundin, Miller, Sturm, etc.

Younger, faster, stronger with solid defence...no powder puffs.

Keep Hamhuis and trade Bieksa...frees up cap to get the younger, faster, stronger defenseman that this team needed two years ago, who can be the corner stone going forward (if you are going to rebuild, rebuild for success in the future - probably 3 years down the road...don't marginalize your picks by adding fringe players.

Sedins, Vrbata, Hamhuis are the veterans that will lead the young players...the rest of the players are younger and faster.

Grenier, Virtanen, Baertchi, Cassels, Kassian, Richardson, Matthais, Sanguinetti, Anderson, Horvat and possibly others from Utica or a Defenceman that is brought in with the trades of Bieksa, Jensen, Higgins, Burrows and one of the goalies.

Miller's contract is an albatross around the neck...just like Luongo's...this was a bad trade period...now Benning has to deal with it, which he won't...Miller stays and a young goalie is sacrificed...hopefully a desirable defenceman can be brought in.

Kassian may be traded for Lucic and a pick.

I got a feeling that Tanev and McCann+ 2016 1st to the Leafs for their 1st and 2nd this year. Dubas loves McCann and Tanev would be a perfect fit with Reilly. They would be ideal in the Leafs rebuild under Babcock both young and very smart. Leafs would have 3 young centers in Kadri, Nylander, McCann for the future. We get 2 1st rounders this year as well as getting our 2nd back.

I see us going after one of the many talented RFAs out there. IMO I could see us targeting both Brandon Saad and Dougie Hamilton if we free up enough cap space. The dream is Tarasenko, but those two are much more realistic and affordable.

Higgins, Bieksa, and Miller I see as the most likely to be traded in packages to get us something better.

I want us to try and sign Dougie for like 7 mil just to see Boston suffer

1. Markstrom and Stanton are traded for whatever Benning can get

2. Richardson and Matthias are let to walk/Baerschi and Virtanen join the roster (unless someone out competes Virtanen at camp)

3. CDC explodes because Benning only makes two trades before the draft. (Note: CDC will explode anyway if Vey, Higgins, Hansen, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Miller, Bonino, and Burrows aren't traded so it's going to explode at some point)

Lack and Jensen to BUF for 1st (21st overall)

Edler and Corrado to COL for 1st (10th overall)

Higgins to NYI for 3rd

Burrows bought out (saves 3 mill I think)

Richardson walks (too bad)

Matthias walks (who cares)

Weber re-signed

Bartkowski signed

lots of capspace available

Sedin-Sedin-Vrtanen

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Hansen-Bonino-Kassian

Dorsett-Vey-Gaunce/Kenins/Grenier/Conacher

Tanev-Hamhuis

Sbisa-Weber

Bartkowski-Bieksa

Stanton-Clendening

Miller

Markstrom

prospects: McCann, Cassels, Shinkaruk, 3 2015 1st rounders

Hutton, Pedan, Demko

I'd love another Dman but I don't see him getting Franson or Ehrhoff

Amazing posts

Good thread. Here's The Future.

We get YOUNGer, with a smattering of vets...

Edler to NYI for Rhino's boy & 2016 2nd.
Vrbata to Wash for #22 overall.
Higgins & Jensen to Mtl for Tinordi & a 2016 3rd.
Vey/Stanton to Carolina for a 2nd.
Millsy(2 millsy retained) to SJ for 2016 2nd.
Bonino, our 1st & Mtl pick to Philly, for LeCav & their #7 overall.

Richardson walks, but sign Matthias.

Daniel..Henrik..Kassian

Bearcheese..Horvat..Burrows

Matthias..LeCavalier..Hansen

Dorsett..Gaunce..Grenier

Kenins

Hamhuis-Corrado

Sbisa-Tanev

Reinhart-Bieksa

Tinordi-Clendenning

Lack & Markstrom

If they'll take a modest salary, we'll retain Hamhuis & KB3 for another 3~4 yrs of vet leadership.

edit-back of the envelope, think this leaves us with about 8~10 mill in cap space. Get a vet for 4th line, as season rolls on.

Lack and Jensen to BUF for 1st (21st overall)

Edler and Corrado to COL for 1st (10th overall)

Higgins to NYI for 3rd

Burrows bought out (saves 3 mill I think)

Richardson walks (too bad)

Matthias walks (who cares)

Weber re-signed

Bartkowski signed

lots of capspace available

Sedin-Sedin-Vrtanen

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Hansen-Bonino-Kassian

Dorsett-Vey-Gaunce/Kenins/Grenier/Conacher

Tanev-Hamhuis

Sbisa-Weber

Bartkowski-Bieksa

Stanton-Clendening

Miller

Markstrom

prospects: McCann, Cassels, Shinkaruk, 3 2015 1st rounders

Hutton, Pedan, Demko

I'd love another Dman but I don't see him getting Franson or Ehrhoff

The only new face you'll see in the lineup will be Sven.

Markstrom will be exposed to waivers.

We will get the 2nd and maybe third round picks back by trading Jensen and maybe Hunter.

Yes, I am being pessimistic

I kind of agree with you. The team has another year before we start to see rookies replacing vets. With a couple of major contracts ending, before or at trade deadline we'll see 2 or 3 vets leaving and JB picking up prospects/picks for them.

I agree that Marks passes through waivers...he's too high a risk for a team to have him as a permanent backup.

I think they try to re-sign Richardson for another year, but let Matthias walk.

JB might try to move up in the draft by packaging a vet + prospect + 1st round pick

The fans will get +++ opportunities to see prospects coming up from Utica when there are injuries.

I am on the fence about Vrbata. On the one hand, his scoring helped us to 2nd in the Pacific. On the other hand, he stunk it up in the Playoffs. We should try to get something for him and place more responsibility on the younger guys. 2016 is a deep draft, so missing the Playoffs wouldn't be the end of the world.

Therefore, Vrbata moved for a pick or as part of a larger deal!

I know I am being pretty wishful in imagining that they'll land 2 more 1st round picks. But consider, BUF needs a goalie (I think they are going to stop trying to lose), Schneider was worth a 9th overall....I don't think Lack's pedigree is too far beneath that. There are other goalies out there, but there are four or five teams that need them. So throwing in a prospect and getting a 21st doesn't seem totally mental. I'd happily part with a better looking prospect or next year's picks.

As far as Edler and Corrado for the 10th overall, that is probably crazy. We'd have to throw in the 23rd perhaps, but COL needs a veteran D in the worst way. They have a tonne of young guys and haven't had a tonne of luck developing their own high end D prospects. If there is a Dman playing regular minutes in the league who is less clutch than Edler, I don't know who it is. But I think he is still fairly highly regarded. I really want that piece of $&!# off our team. He gets less intense whenever he should be more intense, he doesn't move his feet on the PP. He has NEVER walked the line. But....a team that needs an all-round top 4 guy gets him in his prime for 4 years on a decent deal. I think there must be some value there.

To me, there has been a bad smell in the room since they lost in the finals. Burrows and Edler massively under-perform and they are key pieces of the stale core. Change for the sake of change is great idea. We just saw what our veteran grit is worth in the playoffs.

Archived