(Proposal) Moves for next year

Here's what i'd like to see for the off season and next year:

Trade K. Bieksa to CBJ for 3rd round pick # 68

Trade C. Higgins to Ariz. for 2nd #59

Trade E. Lack to SJ for 2nd #39

Assuming Bieksa and Higgins waive NTC

Sign M. Belesky - ufa Ducks 450000 4yr

Why we do this.

Make room for younger players to move into lineup.

Sign RFA's

Baertshi 2yr 1.0 M

Clendenning 2yr 950,000

Corrado 2yr 850,000

Markstrom 2yr 1.5 M

Why we do this:

These RFA's Get a chance to prove their worth , then if they don't fit adjust as necessary.

Belesky would be a great fit sa 2nd line lw with either Bonino or Horvat

This would leave approx. 2mil under cap.

LIneup

D.H. Kassian

Belesky Bonino Vrbata

Baertshci Horvat Hansen

Burrows Vey Dorsett

Miller/ Markstrom

Edler Tanev

Hamuis Clendenning

Sbisa Corrado

Kennins Stanton Weber Gaunce

Good luck getting Higgins to waive to go to Arizona.

I agree with playing burrows on the 4th line and no PP time. He will not waive his no trade clause our only hope is that he gets upset with ice time and decides its time to move on,

And i wouldnt sign Beleskey to more than a 2 yr deal...IMO he could turn out like Bryan Bickell 2.0 and sign a big contract and not play up to the pay scale

not bad overall, though I don't think Higgins waves to go to Arizona, maybe to st. louis, nashville, nyr? 2rnd or washington 3rnd from buff. Columbus does need a rhd that's not bad value, though I think they want someone younger maybe a deal with tanev, shink thier 8oa, rychel plus one of their early 2rnd? Beleskey not so much needed, he does want around 4.5m i'm sure Anaheim will retain him. We need D so McQuaid to replace Tanev somewhat, also I think Corrado is redundant trade him for a 3rnd this or next year and while the Canucks are at it see if there are some teams that Bieksa would go to, then sign Franson B)

Hamhius Franson then this gives time for the likes of a few picks like Chabot, Kylington, Provorov,

Edler McQuaid Larrson, Andersson, Juulsen, Guhle to develop properly. Just a thought :)

Sbisa Clendenning

Stanton Weber

I stopped reading here.

Bieksa is going to have a monster "contract" year just like every other contract year he has had. All the haters are going to book him for the "Lidstrom trophy" by December. You heard it here first, so book it :)

Moving a large contract plus letting Matthias and Richardson go, should get us under the cap.

D gets a minor makeover. I think probably Bieksa gets moved because they need to make room on the right side. Or else Hamhuis. I agree that adding McQuaid or a similar aged PMD would help. Franson I think is a no go. He will get more $$$ than Petry who got $5.5. Weber is a possible move, otherwise Stanton goes on waivers.

I don't think they'll do much at forward unless Grenier, Gaunce or Virtanen really impresses.

Lack will move because Miller will be too difficult.

So, JB gets his 2nd back from the Lack trade and his 3rd (at least) from moving Bieksa and everybody's happy.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Baertschi Bonino Vrbata

Higgins Horvat Burrows

Dorsett Vey Hansen

Kenins

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis McQuaid

Sbisa Clendening

Weber Corrado

Miller

Markstrom

Not spectacular, but no worse than last year and 3 rookies in the line up which is making a deliberate move towards change.

i don't like kassian with the sedins...it limits their game...burrows helps them to be able to play their game...i'ld have kassian on the 4th line if he is kept on this team...grenier may be a better option than kass.

Thats odd Hank said they like playing with Kass, he gives them a lot more space and a different look. I will take the captains take on it before a known Kassian hater.

450K for belesky?!?

The NHL will start a protest movement claiming poverty!

Overall, I like you're getting younger/cheaper.

Not bad, but I dont see dipping into the FA pool to sign Belesky for 4.5 mill is a good idea. Anyone who plays with Getzlaf or Perry will look good, and FA should be the last resort

The original post said 450000 which of course is less than the NHL minimum.

I think the Canucks are already in Cap Hell. Am I the only one that thinks signing Beleskey for 4 years @ $4.5 mm per would be lunacy?

Jim Jamieson wrote a column in yesterday's Province (http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Canucks+salary+trouble+they+alone/11125621/story.html) suggesting the cap may be almost flat, suggesting a figure of $70 mm as the players may not agree to the full 5% escalator for this season. There wasn't a credible source but the logic of it makes sense. There have been rumblings from some players about the amount of the escalator and Bettman's most recent prediction of $71 mm could easily have been the hope from the teams.

If the cap doesn't get to $71 million there will be lots of teams looking to dump cap, which could make whatever moves the Canucks plan difficult-there will be lots of competition from other teams also looking to dump expensive players.

Both Bieksa and Burrows have salaries this coming year that are considerably less than their cap hits. That may make them at least more palatable to teams that watch salary but are below the cap-especially to teams below the cap floor if indeed there would be any this coming season. Still, both of them have full no trade clauses and their salaries may by themselves be more compared with production than teams below the cap may want to pay, especially with other players available from other teams in cap trouble.

What I meant with Belesky was 4.5 Mil. for 4 yrs.

If that doesn't work for you guys leave Burrows on third line , Baerschi on second line, And Kennins on fourth line. That should give us good balance, Maybe add Cassels on fourth C because he way better at faceoffs. As far as Bieksa is concerned didn't he play college or something in Columbus? Not sure but they have a lot of picks. As for Higgens I've heard he doesn't want to go to NY area, thats why I suggested it . Thanks for your comments and ideas.

^Knew what you meant Chiilie, of course.

Tyhee, It's a good point, this pending cap-crunch. There's gonna come a day, that GM's will be scrambling like stock traders in Oct 1929.

We're all too presumptuous in the ease of dumping excess, wherever we wish.

The team whose fans will rightfully lose sleep is TO.

Here's what i'd like to see for the off season and next year:

Trade C. Higgins to Ariz. for 2nd #59

Trade E. Lack to SJ for 2nd #39

Assuming Bieksa and Higgins waive NTC

Sign M. Belesky - ufa Ducks 450000 4yr

Why we do this.

Make room for younger players to move into lineup.

Sign RFA's

Baertshi 2yr 1.0 M

Clendenning 2yr 950,000

Corrado 2yr 850,000

Markstrom 2yr 1.5 M

Why we do this:

These RFA's Get a chance to prove their worth , then if they don't fit adjust as necessary.

Belesky would be a great fit sa 2nd line lw with either Bonino or Horvat

This would leave approx. 2mil under cap.

LIneup

D.H. Kassian

Belesky Bonino Vrbata

Baertshci Horvat Hansen

Burrows Vey Dorsett

Miller/ Markstrom

Edler Tanev

Hamuis Clendenning

Sbisa Corrado

Kennins Stanton Weber Gaunce

I know im not one to tell ppl they made bad proposals but just think this through. Bieksa is probably the only one who will not waive if he is asked. But lets say he did. The only teams he would be willing to go to is:

Pit

Chi

Stl

Ana

Lak?

Nyr

Etc.. stanley cup contenders

Higgins same thing. With the acception of the Nyi. However id love to keep him as a 3rd line pker. His cap hit is great for what he brings.

Sedin sedin kassian/vrbata

Baertschi Horvat vrbata/kassian

Higgins bonino burrows (great shutdown line)

Dorsett vey hansen

Id like to have vey as an extra with either Richardson or a FA or prospect such as McCann or Cassels in that 4th C. Prefer richardson or a FA, as its better to let the young guys develope in Utica.

And we also have a lot of call up options next year from what im reading on these forums.

Shinkaruk

Freisen

Grenier

Gaunce

Cassels

O'Reily

Future looks very bright

Archived