The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers willing to trade 16th overall for Cam Talbot

@Pammerhockey:

Appears #Oilers may be prepared to give 16th overall pick if #Rangers are willing to part with Cam Talbot.

Seems like an overpayment at first sight but then you realize Cam is the best goalie out there Edmonton can get. Has the best starting potential imo and surely Rangers would add another piece or two in. If I'm Edmonton, I jump all over this.

That is quite the price to pay for a 28 year old goaltender who has played in the shadow of King Henrik his entire career. He has looked great in spurts while Lundqvist has been out, but has yet to show he can do it over the span of a 82-game season.

@Pammerhockey:

Appears #Oilers may be prepared to give 16th overall pick if #Rangers are willing to part with Cam Talbot.

Seems like an overpayment at first sight but then you realize Cam is the best goalie out there Edmonton can get. Has the best starting potential imo and surely Rangers would add another piece or two in. If I'm Edmonton, I jump all over this.

I think Talbot is the best backup (not 1b) in the entire league, but he's definitely not better than Eddie Lack.

What? For real? They must have real faith in him. I'd take Eddie Lack over Cam Talbot. If they are offering up the 16th overall for a goalie, we need to make a package for sure. But again, really? Alright Edmonton… We'll see

how is lack better than talbot...sounds like the oilers are positioning themselves for a good deal.

It's pretty hard to quantify, but he's bigger, stronger, more poised in the crease. I just see Eddie being a decent starter and Talbot maxing out as a 1b or excellent backup. Both could go either way, and neither REALLY solves their goalie problems... But we'll take 16th gladly.

Archived