The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 1/30/2017 at 10:21 AM, messier's_elbow said:

Don't set yourself up for disappointment. Boeser is a good prospect but Bossy is a hockey legend. 

Grant Fuhr had a story where he had Bossy line up 10 pucks in the slot area and had him shoot to see how many he'd get in. Bossy got 8 in, 2 rang of the post. The kicker here, is that Bossy didn't even look ONCE at where he was shooting, just pure goal scoring instincts

2 hours ago, beni said:

Not a surprise really, it will take some time and he will be dominant again. 

Not to most people I'm sure. I agree, though it would've been nice to see both of our very own Gaudette and Boeser to hit top 5 in scoring in the NCAA. If both returns next year along with Lockwood, the Canucks could possibly have the best overall prospects in the entire NCAA. Though I think Nashville would give us a run for our money with Harper and Fabbro.  

1 hour ago, suitup said:

Not to most people I'm sure. I agree, though it would've been nice to see both of our very own Gaudette and Boeser to hit top 5 in scoring in the NCAA. If both returns next year along with Lockwood, the Canucks could possibly have the best overall prospects in the entire NCAA. Though I think Nashville would give us a run for our money with Harper and Fabbro.  

Yes, Gaudette is playing quite well this season. I think he could end up with the the most points as a sophmore?

I dont know much about Harper, but I watched Fabbro on a number of Occasions while he played for the Vees. Not the biggest, but he had great vision and should do well in the NHL one day. 

22 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Grant Fuhr had a story where he had Bossy line up 10 pucks in the slot area and had him shoot to see how many he'd get in. Bossy got 8 in, 2 rang of the post. The kicker here, is that Bossy didn't even look ONCE at where he was shooting, just pure goal scoring instincts

Wonder if Bossy or Brock could do this

I like the fact that Boeser is getting a short stint at center. It will likely give him more insights into the defensive side of the game and improve his overall understanding of the game as he learns certain responsibilities. I think he should be a winger in the NHL, but this is something that will turn out good for him in the long run I think. 

Looking ahead to next year, I would try to keep Boeser down in the AHL and re-evaluate at the midway point of the season. He will probably play some big minutes down there and get to taste professional hockey without being in the limelight. I'm not too familiar with Utica's lineup, but he could get to play with some good players as well:

Grenier - Gaudette - Boeser

________ - ________ - Virtanen

Hopefully someone with some knowledge of the Comets players and lineup can provide some more information, as I am curious to see how they shape up next year. They are supposed to get some good players. 

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I like the fact that Boeser is getting a short stint at center. It will likely give him more insights into the defensive side of the game and improve his overall understanding of the game as he learns certain responsibilities. I think he should be a winger in the NHL, but this is something that will turn out good for him in the long run I think. 

Looking ahead to next year, I would try to keep Boeser down in the AHL and re-evaluate at the midway point of the season. He will probably play some big minutes down there and get to taste professional hockey without being in the limelight. I'm not too familiar with Utica's lineup, but he could get to play with some good players as well:

Grenier - Gaudette - Boeser

________ - ________ - Virtanen

Hopefully someone with some knowledge of the Comets players and lineup can provide some more information, as I am curious to see how they shape up next year. They are supposed to get some good players. 

If Boeser leaves UND it won't be for the Comets.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

If Boeser leaves UND it won't be for the Comets.  

He'll be told that he will play in the NHL for the majority of the year. He already agreed to go back to UND for an extra year to develop more, so he would likely agree to starting in the AHL and then being brought up later.

2 hours ago, beni said:

Yes, Gaudette is playing quite well this season. I think he could end up with the the most points as a sophmore?

I dont know much about Harper, but I watched Fabbro on a number of Occasions while he played for the Vees. Not the biggest, but he had great vision and should do well in the NHL one day. 

Harper is pretty good and is only a freshman. He's got real soft hands but not quite shifty as his line partner Keller. 

Fabbro I wasn't overly impressed for a high 1st round draft pick, but I'm projecting he knock my socks off next season. 

4 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

He'll be told that he will play in the NHL for the majority of the year. He already agreed to go back to UND for an extra year to develop more, so he would likely agree to starting in the AHL and then being brought up later.

Doubt it. 

Also then what's the point of posting a comets line combo with Boeser in it if he's just starting the year in the ahl and will play majority in the NHL according to you?

Edited by Gooseberries

I don't know where Brock will play next season but I think he will be playing in the big club. We are lacking offensive talent and guys like Megna, Chaput just aren't going to cut it as much as I like what they contributing to the team today. Having Boeser in the lineup next season would be a huge boost and depends on whether we're going to go for a play off run next year which looks like we might with more Benning picks coming in, Brock would be allowed to make mistakes while learning from them so he can improve his overall game. His game is good right now but there's always room for improvement. Hope Brock has a great year next season and leads us to endless possibilities. Having him by Patrick, Hischier or Bo's side will be frightening

8 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

I don't know where Brock will play next season but I think he will be playing in the big club. We are lacking offensive talent and guys like Megna, Chaput just aren't going to cut it as much as I like what they contributing to the team today. Having Boeser in the lineup next season would be a huge boost and depends on whether we're going to go for a play off run next year which looks like we might with more Benning picks coming in, Brock would be allowed to make mistakes while learning from them so he can improve his overall game. His game is good right now but there's always room for improvement. Hope Brock has a great year next season and leads us to endless possibilities. Having him by Patrick, Hischier or Bo's side will be frightening

I suspect the camp next fall would set the tone. Great camp equals a look at the season's open. I hope the Canucks have learned their lesson with Virtanen. Half a season in Utica should not hurt any rookie. Megna has not produced points and he has to stick. Hansen will push Megna out. Chaput is a totally different scenario. He is the 4C and has had a solid season. I suspect he sticks and has a good chance next fall.   

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Doubt it. 

Also then what's the point of posting a comets line combo with Boeser in it if he's just starting the year in the ahl and will play majority in the NHL according to you?

Because I'm curious to see how the Comets lineup is projected to look next year and who Boeser could potentially be playing with while he's in the AHL. If Boeser comes up say during December to play the rest of the year with the Canucks, I would like to know who he could be playing with during October and November. 

On 2017-02-01 at 7:37 PM, Gooseberries said:

Doubt it. 

And what's the point is keeping him in the NHL when he is not ready? He has been pointless in his last 6 games now, in NCAA play! And now for  confirmation that he is not ready we have Craig Button calling him one of the best players outside the NHL. Look at Kyle Connor's numbers last year and see how that translated at the AHL level. Boeser has great potential but he is years away from being NHL-ready, pretty much on par with Virtanen right now.