The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

lol increased curve on the stick does that. all kinds of ways to make a shot rise.   remember Peter Scheafer.  I have one of his sticks.  he basically put his blade in the crack of a door then pulled down making a twist , not a curve, and that's how he could roof it from 2 feet away.    shot rise doesn't determine a sniper, pucks in the net does.

Are you confusing lifting and shooting?  Wrist strength has everything to do with a quickly rising shot.  There were many great snipers from years ago, who with wooden sticks and little curve would pick top corners.  OV has a big curve, but that's not what makes him a great goal scorer.  He could pick top corners with a straight blade too.  Plus, pucks in the net don't determine a sniper.  A sniper, by definition, scores from distance.  Ray Ferarro scored 400 goals, and most were from inside the blue paint.  I accept your opinion, but mine differs somewhat.

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

This isn't his first ever tournament representing his country, better do your homework.  never said he doesn't have good hands , and no I don't think any will say he has ELITE SKILL,   you can see clearly in the world juniors who have ELITE SKILL and hes not one of them. 

Like Schroeder and CoHo right?

I guess MacKinnon was going to be a bust when he struggled in the WJC.

10 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

This isn't his first ever tournament representing his country, better do your homework.  never said he doesn't have good hands , and no I don't think any will say he has ELITE SKILL,   you can see clearly in the world juniors who have ELITE SKILL and hes not one of them. 

A number of people including his coach who is considered one of the best coaches in the USA has said he has elite skill, as have a number of commentators on TSN including Pierre McGuire.

Again, he's 18 and its his first tourney against the best of the best at this age, I am not going to have the COMPLETELY STUPID virtanen debate with someone who just wants to trash our youth.

If you think making a decision on the trajectory of a player at 19 from 4 games in a hockey tournament will dictate his ability to perform in the NHL and his upside you can choose to. To me it exhibits an incredible lack of hockey intelligence

As I've said to others, you better hope your boss doesn't evaluate you after 4 days on the job son. Clearly every potential star dominates the world juniors lol. Please.

Oh by the way, by simply being chosen as one of the top 21 players in the ENTIRE USA at his age by USA hockey says he has elite skill....I guess that coach, USA hockey and McGuire know alot less than you...ok if you say so.

Edited by McCannon

8 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

my opinion is of Benning and him failing to aquire the best possible players available at the draft position he is at. PERIOD

If you are using the WJC to compare Boeser and Konecny then you're getting upset over nothing. 

Relax man, so much can happen in the next 5 years. You are jumping the gun big time. 

3 minutes ago, Delta76 said:

Like Schroeder and CoHo right?

I guess MacKinnon was going to be a bust when he struggled in the WJC.

Mac ain't exactly helping his team win, is he?  Boeser is a shooter though.  He needs to get the pick in scoring positions.  He's not going to create his own shot.  He's like Mike Bossy, not OV.  

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

We disagree.  To be a sniper one must be able to pick top corners, over very tall goalies.  Strong wrists allow for that to be done with a very quick release.  The curve is not as important as the talent.  I like Boeser because of his quickly rising shot.  Goalies will not have time to make adjustment.  

5 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

For some reason my comps choosing to respond to different comment than the ones ive clicked the quote button, so my apologys in advance

Hey, that happened to me too chill, I just have to refresh without typing reply and it seems to fix it.

On topic though,  and I say this with all due respect  (no attack intended ), you have to realize your life on CDC is really going to suck if Koneckny doesn't turn out to be who you think he will or if BB becomes a better than average player,  no?

21 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

lol a sniper puts the puck in the net. END OF STORY     shot rise irrellavant to determining shat

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=172649

End of story 13 goals in 20 games in his first year against men, 35 goals in 57 games prior

But ya you know more than

1. North Dakota coaches

2. USA hockey

3. Ron Wilson

4. Pierre Mcguire

5. The Vancouver Canucks scouting staff

ok

Quote from an article on him:

But it’s mostly Boeser. Humble by nature and quick to pass praise like a hot potato, listen to the considerable critique by North Dakota assistant coach Dane Jackson.

“Brock is just kind of a gamer,” says Jackson, a former Canucks grinding winger. “Some of our high-end prospects have really good skill, but pretty large holes in their games. Brock has good hockey sense and isn’t intimidated at all. He wants the pucks. Sometimes the mindset is that it just takes them (rookies) a little while to adapt to the next level, but Brock has none of that. He came in right away and just played with a lot of moxy, and just played hard. He fit in right away on our top line and had immediate success.

“He’s got really good agility. He slashes to the net where a lot of guys will just stay to the outside. He takes pucks into the high-traffic areas, and his release is special. And taking pucks through seams into real good scoring areas is a real big deal for him. It’s one of his strengths.”

---------------------------------

But by all means keep on trolling. Hey how many points did Konecny get at the WJC? How many does Boeser have? I think they both have 2 pts

So by your own argument I guess he's at least even in talent

whoopsie!

Edited by McCannon
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

Educated guess. lol

Yeah educated, and this is based on one tournament where countless players have thrived and ended up being duds. You are the very reason some Canuck fans suck. You don't have the patience to see what our prospects will develop into and want to run them out of town before they have even played a game in the NHL. If or in my opinion when Boeser becomes the 25-30 goal scorer I think he can be, you will disappear like the rest of the haters. It's okay to be a glass half empty kind of person but that just makes life less enjoyable. So put on a jacket chilli, its not that cold in here. Now if you have some substance besides a few games then please enthrall me with your tale. For now I'll use my eyes, trust our gm, and many other scouts opinions. If I'm wrong I will bow to the god that is Chilliwiggins.

Craig Button of all people was very complimentary of Brock and his skills. Called him a "great draft pick by the Canucks". Button consider's Boesser's skating to be "excellent" as well.

Not that we care at all what Craig Button has to say about our prospects, but, just sayin'!

18 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Yeah educated, and this is based on one tournament where countless players have thrived and ended up being duds. You are the very reason some Canuck fans suck. You don't have the patience to see what our prospects will develop into and want to run them out of town before they have even played a game in the NHL. If or in my opinion when Boeser becomes the 25-30 goal scorer I think he can be, you will disappear like the rest of the haters. It's okay to be a glass half empty kind of person but that just makes life less enjoyable. So put on a jacket chilli, its not that cold in here. Now if you have some substance besides a few games then please enthrall me with your tale. For now I'll use my eyes, trust our gm, and many other scouts opinions. If I'm wrong I will bow to the god that is Chilliwiggins.

I'm huge on Boeser, I would go as far as saying he is the best offensive prospect we have had not playing in the NHL since Bure. 

I am obsessed with NCAA football and hockey so I have actually witnessed his greatness on more than a few occasions.

Im usually very over critical on prospects too. As some have seen in my Subban thread posts. 

With all that being said I can't outright dismiss chilliwiggins claim. We have no idea what the future holds. He could be right, Konecny may turn out to be the steal of the draft. The point most of us with reason are trying to get across is that it is far too early to tell. 

He is however, entitled to his opinion as I am to my opinion of Boeser. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I'm huge on Boeser, I would go as far as saying he is the best offensive prospect we have had not playing in the NHL since Bure. 

I am obsessed with NCAA football and hockey so I have actually witnessed his greatness on more than a few occasions.

Im usually very over critical on prospects too. As some have seen in my Subban thread posts. 

With all that being said I can't outright dismiss chilliwiggins claim. We have no idea what the future holds. He could be right, Konecny may turn out to be the steal of the draft. The point most of us with reason are trying to get across is that it is far too early to tell. 

He is however, entitled to his opinion as I am to my opinion of Boeser. 

Yes of course hes entitled to his opinion, I personally find that hes overly critical based on such a small sample however. Maybe that's because I'm overly positive :P . I am willing to admit I'm wrong if that happens but I don't believe he is because he writes as if he knows the future. A little tact in this forum would be nice. If not the states might as well vote for Donald Trump and call it a day.

32 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

yikes that goal woke up the Russians 2-1 Russia .  americans better score one after the break on th PP.     Boeser was caught unable to line change as the Russians were pressuring and Boeser didn't take his man.

Werenski allowed his man to the net, but you just keep on trying to justify your hatred.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

yikes that goal woke up the Russians 2-1 Russia .  americans better score one after the break on th PP.     Boeser was caught unable to line change as the Russians were pressuring and Boeser didn't take his man.

Lol. You mean the goal where Werenski softly waved at his check and allowed him to drive the net?

Yep, definitely Boeser's fault.

• Upvote 2