The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 minutes ago, SvenBae said:

Well, I believe they HAD hope, but quickly diminishing I'd imagine. Maybe even the hope they had in prospects might have been a bit high, but who knows, you can only hope they have an idea of where they are heading now.

I sure hope their plan is more clear to them than their understanding of injuries - Sutter and Miller?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I sure hope their plan is more clear to them than their understanding of injuries - Sutter and Miller?

Yea, but who knows how guys will step up. Not something easy to predict, that's for sure. Getting more and more excited for the draft this year though, hoping JB can work a little deadline or draft day magic as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I'd still call you foolish for proclaiming the future of a prospect in stone after a few games at the WJC.

Statements like those are what get people laughed at and rightfully so.  

once again I give criticizism to Virt's, which I think this is about, consistent lapses based on what I watch of him, so I don't criticize him base on nothing and didn't even question his 0 points in 3 games but was more focused on how he was playing

I asked you, where, give me a quote where I did proclaim Virtanens future in stone after a few games in WJC but you called me foolish

Edited by Cowardrobertford
Reword

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

Hockey has always had the favoritism towards bloodlines and conections, so not always the best.   hockey has a lot of,{its who you know}

Probably true.  The players on the list are guys that did very well at the WJC but failed to do a whole lot in the NHL.  Just pointing out that a week long tourney isn't the best way to judge a prospects career.

3 hours ago, Zedlee said:

Just once I'd like to see a Canuck prospect rip it up at the WJC.  10 goals by the USA today and zip from Brock.  Same as Virtanen. No goals in 3 games.  Ugh.  .  

Well up until the past two years, the Canucks haven't had anyone in the WJC tournament even worth mentioning. So everyone who is getting their knickers in a knot over the performances of two of our rookies is quite premature.

4 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

ncaa versus ohl or whl?   the college boys would be scared to step on the ice. lol   what I'm saying is the talent level as well as the intensity isn't near the same  WJC is intense and separates the men from the boys if you know what I mean

What planet are you from?

9 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Well Ive watched all the US games at the WJC , trying to get a read on the CDC's love child Brock Boeser.  To date he has been dropped to the third line , his NCAA team mate Schmautz has been moved up the lineup as well as his minutes increased while Boesers have been reduced.  

Boeser isn't getting any critical PK minutes, limited PP, and Is rarely seen at the end's of the games unless it's a blow out, and even then limited.

Ive seen him as a liability in his own end giving up the puck in his own end several times now through-out the round robin.   I don't see him battling it out for loose pucks, as well I don't see his line with any consistant control in the opponents end.    

What I have seen is him not moving his legs and standing still waiting for his team mates to feed him the puck.   He has had 3 grade A chances doing this but has failed to capitalize , 2 of which were open nets.

I don't think he is getting more than 7 ,8 minutes a game now ,as his minutes have dropped significantly.

So far I see him as a floater and nothing more.   Show's as a project, and I thought this before as he seemed a little entitled and his play is looking like just that.    

Do you think it's a matter, we shouldn't be concerned about? I mean he should at least give an effort and skate hard for even a few shifts, unless he might be ailing some injury or something

15 hours ago, RonMexico said:

Well up until the past two years, the Canucks haven't had anyone in the WJC tournament even worth mentioning. So everyone who is getting their knickers in a knot over the performances of two of our rookies is quite premature.

What % of those who played in the WJC tournament go on to win SC rings?

3 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I will admit Iam biased to start as I thought Benning failed on getting the best player available at pick 23. 

But I have watched and kept an open mind on Boeser , but he has truelly failed to impress.    I would still 100 times out of 100 take Travis Konecny over Boeser and Ièm sure some of you on here are starting to see what Benning didènt.    anyways hopefully Boeser changes how he plays but, you know how that goes. A ZEBRA CANT CHANGE HIS STRIPES

My preference is CHL players but I have great faith in Benning's eye for talent. I certainly do not get worked up about WJC PPG stats. Measuring Boeser's potential will not get serious until he goes to the AHL.  

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

I will admit Iam biased to start as I thought Benning failed on getting the best player available at pick 23. 

But I have watched and kept an open mind on Boeser , but he has truelly failed to impress.    I would still 100 times out of 100 take Travis Konecny over Boeser and Ièm sure some of you on here are starting to see what Benning didènt.    anyways hopefully Boeser changes how he plays but, you know how that goes. A ZEBRA CANT CHANGE HIS STRIPES

Well, I don't know what to say now, I just Hope Benning knows who he is drafting

So much hype on Boeser coming to this tourney, him not signing was even an issue, I thought too leading the tourney in goals was so much of a possibility

seems slow an does not display hunger other team mates have does not chase down loose pucks for a winger this is a must he has stayed away from the tough areas an on the perimeter player.

He will be a big project I see his development delayed by at least two years playing in the college game in his case not applicable to all drafted players but here it would seem he is not moving forward but side ways.

JB drafts Character players not just talent so both items are missing after three games and a few exhibitions.

He has a long long way to go to get a sniff at next level 

Just now, chilliwiggins said:

I don't have faith in Benning as his record is sketchy at best.   Seguin he traded away, Drafted Hamilton who divided the dressing room eventualy traded out of boston, traded away Jamie Benn , ya don't forget that.     Benn and Seguin the 2 top players in the NHL.  lmao. 

He traded a pick that turned into Jamie Benn. That is not the same as 'traded away Jamie Benn'. More like traded a chance to draft Jamie Benn before anyone knew he would be any good. But keep slinging crap.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I don't have faith in Benning as his record is sketchy at best.   Seguin he traded away, Drafted Hamilton who divided the dressing room eventualy traded out of boston, traded away Jamie Benn , ya don't forget that.     Benn and Seguin the 2 top players in the NHL.  lmao. 

a 5th. he traded a 5th.

like the 5th he traded to get prust.

wow

oh he drafted the best Dman of the draft to a team beginning a transition. SOUNDS SKETCHY BUD

:picard: