The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

19 hours ago, peaches5 said:

MG made this team a presidents trophy winner back to back. He did not inherit that. This fanbase would never allow for those players MG signed to be traded anyways. I said years ago Kesler should have been traded and Burrows and everyone negged me and said no way they are the heart and soul of the team. Burrows completely sucks now and no one wants him. Look how they are acting now over Hansen. I suggested that we trade Hansen at the deadline and most of them spazzed out but really he is our ONLY asset we can trade and get something. He is not a major piece of this team. 

I've said many times as well MG was a new GM just like JB is and yea MG made some mistakes with NTC's but he was fixing it. He recognized his mistakes. He was drafting well at the end. He wasn't trading away picks. He knew we needed to rebuild and ownership wouldn't let him and booted him out. TL was a marketing ploy by ownership to try and keep fans in the building but its backfired big time.

TL is the one who keeps saying he is the one with the final say, pulling the hamhuis trade off the table because it was a lowball offer. I also said the reason why Hamhuis was not traded because I felt TL was trying to emulate Quinn with his trading stance and what not and that has not fared well for us at all over the years. For one we have no assets to trade in the near future. It's not like next year at the deadline we are going to have players to unload. We literally have nothing; hansen is a not bringing back much of anything.

I agree with a lot of your comments. I wanted a major refit of the roster in the summer of 2012 but that was not well received. I also agree that TL is the key person in the Canucks org not Benning. That said I won't get down on him as he ends his 2nd year. I wanted the Canucks to 'tank' this year as I thought the roster simply was no where close to competitive and because the org depth was really not good. No home runs so it will be back to a rebuild through drafting and maybe a UFA signing. A slow process that most fans will find very hard to deal with. This aside I do think Linden/Benning are quality people and will do a good job.