The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

Then that's good? What are you getting at?

Of course it's better the more points he puts up, Your favourite player Linden Vey put up great numbers in Juniors, and some players

Such as Getzlad don't dominate it's hard to measure.

Zhuk a two way puck hound. Hell, he's already better than Vey. Getzlaf took a while to grow into his body. I think he's like Bo that way.

Zhuk a two way puck hound. Hell, he's already better than Vey. Getzlaf took a while to grow into his body. I think he's like Bo that way.

i woulden't say THAT but yeah. once he fills in and developes i expect him to be.

I think he's a steal already. You're right though. A point per game will be a good measuring stick. What if he puts up more than a point per game, and starts heading towards 1.2 or 1.3?

Are you kidding? as a great poster once say "I expect 2-3 PPG..." come on set the bar higher :P

• Upvote 1

Until Zhukenov posted similar numbers to Vey in the AHL and CHL, no way is Zhukenov better than Vey. Vey posted some amazing numbers in the CHL and respectable numbers in the AHL. Until he reached numbers close to the ones posted by Vey, no way can you statistically compare the two and say Zhukenov is a better player than Vey.

What is your connection with Zhukenov? You seem to have a man-crush of some sort on him. Do you know him in person or have you seen him play a lot? Just curious to know what you seem to see in him.

Edited by Gerbera

Until Zhukenov posted similar numbers to Vey in the AHL and CHL, no way is Zhukenov better than Vey. Vey posted some amazing numbers in the CHL and respectable numbers in the AHL. Until he reached numbers close to the ones posted by Vey, no way can you statistically compare the two and say Zhukenov is a better player than Vey.

What is your connection with Zhukenov? You seem to have a man-crush of some sort on him. Do you know him in person or have you seen him play a lot? Just curious to know what you seem to see in him.

He is just a mini appollo but with prospects.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I must admit he's a cute little fellow. (I have not heard the term man crush before, but I assume that's what it means?). Vey has never been, and will never be a puck hound. Zhuk plays a similar game to Burrows. Vey is a McSofty. Points alone do not determine the effectiveness of a player.

Hmm a famous comment by someone who's impacted many lives vs a forum poster....

I don't think you're winning Alf lol

I guess you fail to see the point, and that's okay - not everyone is a free thinker. Try making your own path, rather than following others.

I guess you fail to see the point, and that's okay - not everyone is a free thinker. Try making your own path, rather than following others.

The irony in your post.... lol

If you want to bring up "free thinking" in a discussion like this, have a direction in your thinking. It helps.

Nice try though.

Edited by The Lock

The irony in your post.... lol

Good try, but remember there is a difference between irony and ironing. It's okay again though. Often they are confused. And thanks for the lots of love. I lived through the sixties and feel the vibe; it's beautiful. :)

Good try, but remember there is a difference between irony and ironing. It's okay again though. Often they are confused. And thanks for the lots of love. I lived through the sixties and feel the vibe; it's beautiful. :)

Okay buddy. Have fun living in the 60's then. Free thinking.... yeah.... :rolleyes: