The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AriGold's *Real Money* Fantasy League Hockey Pool

AriGold

Squeak's team

McDavid, P. Kane, Forsberg, Landeskog, Nyquist, E. Kane, Dubinsky, Kesler, Barkov, Desharnais

Letang, Rielly, Jones, Chara

Took some serious risks - but based on their roles with each team, they should all produce. Except one, who I may have to redraft early.

Zuccarello - Datsyuk - Okposo

Zetterberg - Backstrom - Perron

Stastny - Riberio - Williams

Semin

Carlson - Markov

Maatta - Ellis

Pleased with the outcome of my team. Plan was pretty simple: try and get as many eastern players as possible while trying to get top line players on their respective teams who are/will be relied heavily to do the heavy lifting.

...Riberio was an exception. Playing under Laviolette's attack emphasized system, he'll score at the pace of an eastern team. Stastny will centre Blues top line alongside Tarasenko and Ellis is a great offensive dman.

Zuccarello - Datsyuk - Okposo

Zetterberg - Backstrom - Perron

Stastny - Riberio - Williams

Semin

Carlson - Markov

Maatta - Ellis

Pleased with the outcome of my team. Plan was pretty simple: try and get as many eastern players as possible while trying to get top line players on their respective teams who are/will be relied heavily to do the heavy lifting.

...Riberio was an exception. Playing under Laviolette's attack emphasized system, he'll score at the pace of an eastern team. Stastny will centre Blues top line alongside Tarasenko and Ellis is a great offensive dman.

My exact mentality behind the Josi pick.

I'm expecting him to put up some hefty numbers again this season.

Interesting concept TRR, for me, my strategy was to minimize the risk of every pick with th exception of Del Zotto, and Nichushkin. Looked at consistency, injury history, age and fluctuations. Tried to avoid players who had a career year like Foligno, and Wideman and also avoided rookies who overachieved (Forsberg, Gaudreau).

However, still have guys that I think could break out like Giordano, Nichushkin, Staal, Del Zotto, RNH and Granlund.

Interesting to see some teams take some major risks given the structure of this pool.

Archived