The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gotta wonder ... Sedins' future?

Neversummer

As much as I love the Sedins' if we are truly rebuilding we should look to turn them into some kind of asset moving forward. Not this year but perhaps at the trade deadline of their last year.

I think Alfie showed that option well in Ottawa. He went to Detroit and is now back in Ottawa and

sitting with Sens management.

Fans think the CAP hit is insurmountable but that is overstatement. No one knows what would come back

or the circumstances of the acquiring team. One can respect whatever decision the Twins would make but

the reality is they will not get a CUP in Vancouver and they should be made aware of any offer that

gives them that opportunity.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, with all that is going on and the direction of this team clearly heading to rebuild, doesn't look like it will be competitive for the next 2-3 years.

Q: will Benning and Linden give the Sedins a choice to go to a contender (one that can afford their salary). Out of respect, not ask them to waive NTC but just do the right thing for the Sedins.

Only if it's for a 6th and a 7th pick.

Does anyone here believe the sedins will be anything but below average players in 2 years from now?

I think they will still be effective NHLers in 2 years. Last year they were top 10 scorers and no one their age or older scored more points. There are examples of players who were effective into their late 30's - (Ray Whitney, Chelios are two) and given the Sedins dedication to fitness I think it's very possible they could still be good players for 3 more years.

I think they will still be effective NHLers in 2 years. Last year they were top 10 scorers and no one their age or older scored more points. There are examples of players who were effective into their late 30's - (Ray Whitney, Chelios are two) and given the Sedins dedication to fitness I think it's very possible they could still be good players for 3 more years.

Yep

LUCIC - HORVAT - VIRTANEN

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - BURROWS

It's up to the Sedins'. If they want a cup then time to suck it up and waive their ntcs. However, if they want to be noticed as two guys who were good in the regular season but couldn't win the cup, that's their choice. By my judgement,I believe the Sedins will stay because of family.

And to those who are saying well who can take up a 14 million salary, the answer is simple to that any team can! Teams will make space for to 2nd line guys on their run to a cup. Are you kidding me? Teams will make space and their market will be high, it will go down as one of the biggest trades. Also trading them at the deadline day, you reduce their salaries. That is if they get traded on their final year. It's about family with the Sedins; therefore, I don't see them going anywhere.

It's up to the Sedins'. If they want a cup then time to suck it up and waive their ntcs. However, if they want to be noticed as two guys who were good in the regular season but couldn't win the cup, that's their choice. By my judgement,I believe the Sedins will stay because of family.

And to those who are saying well who can take up a 14 million salary, the answer is simple to that any team can! Teams will make space for to 2nd line guys on their run to a cup. Are you kidding me? Teams will make space and their market will be high, it will go down as one of the biggest trades. Also trading them at the deadline day, you reduce their salaries. That is if they get traded on their final year. It's about family with the Sedins; therefore, I don't see them going anywhere.

Are we actually talking about this?

Ridiculous.

Selanne and Jagr stick out a little more to me but I do agree the Sedins will be as effective as the two players I mentioned and probably experience the same drop off they had as they got older.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived