The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015-16 Utica Comets Thread

thejazz97

1 minute ago, Stierlitz said:

O-D Comets @OD_Comets 6h6 hours ago

.@TJHensick said the huge support in Utica is unlike anything he's experienced during his time in @TheAHL.

Hensick also said he enjoyed his time in Utica. He said he hopes something works out where he can return next season.

That's great news. Comets need a player like him to hold the top six together next year.

7 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

.@TJHensick said the huge support in Utica is unlike anything he's experienced during his time in @TheAHL.

Hensick also said he enjoyed his time in Utica. He said he hopes something works out where he can return next season.

Comets fans would be happy to see Hensick come back next year.

Don Laible @CometsTales 21h21 hours ago New York, USA

"It's hard when your season ends abruptly.I'm proud of them(Comets).They didn't quit" - Travis Green

"We'll take a couple weeks off to regroup; to try and forget some things,then our staff will put together a list, and move on" -Travis Green

"I think we had a real good year; would have liked to win this series, and I think we could have.Give our team credit" - Travis Green

"Time flies when you're having fun.It's been a great 3 years here.We have the best fans in the league" - Travis Green

Andrey Pedan @AndreyPedan 22h22 hours ago

Big thanks to all of the fans in Utica for unbelievable memories and great atmosphere every night #bestFansEver #grateful

David Shields @David_Shields5 21h21 hours ago

Can't thank the people of Utica and the fans enough for all the support during my time here. Top notch organization! #loudest fans in league.

"I'm very blessed to play here" - Carter Bancks

58 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

"It's hard when your season ends abruptly.I'm proud of them(Comets).They didn't quit" - Travis Green

"We'll take a couple weeks off to regroup; to try and forget some things,then our staff will put together a list, and move on" -Travis Green

"I think we had a real good year; would have liked to win this series, and I think we could have.Give our team credit" - Travis Green

"Time flies when you're having fun.It's been a great 3 years here.We have the best fans in the league" - Travis Green

Parting words from Green my Russian friend? What do you think?

50 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Parting words from Green my Russian friend? What do you think?

I think Green would stay with Utica for another season, I just don't see right now which NHL team is going to hire him as head coach. I believe some speculations about Green going to Anaheim are ridiculous - the Ducks are in win-now mode and don't need young head coach inexperienced at the NHL level.

12 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

I think Green would stay with Utica for another season, I just don't see right now which NHL team is going to hire him as head coach. I believe some speculations about Green going to Anaheim are ridiculous - the Ducks are in win-now mode and don't need young head coach inexperienced at the NHL level.

Green is very intelligent and has a plan in his head to reach his goal of becoming a NHL head coach. He turned down the assistant coach offer in Pittsburgh because he knew that he needed more head coaching experience on his resume. Now with three years in Utica I could see him moving to an assistant job to get that NHL bench experience on his resume. Green likes to use the term "The Process" for development and the right way to play the game. I'm sure he has a process in mind for his own career growth.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Gulutzan should be shown the door this summer IMO, so there would be an assistant spot open if Green is willing to go that route.

One possibility is for Green to be an NHL assistant next year than come back to the Canucks as head coach the year after.

2 minutes ago, JamesB said:

One possibility is for Green to be an NHL assistant next year than come back to the Canucks as head coach the year after.

That's the ideal scenario IMO.

Obviously not for Willie, but I'm just not seeing him as a long term coach here. We'll see what he can do with a deeper, hopefully healthier roster.

Archived