The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks’ four biggest mistakes of the past year

Zuongo

Seriously... How fans around here and supposed professional journalists don't understand the direction of this team under Linden and Benning is simply mind boggling to me. I don't even know what to say lol.

They have to write articles day after day. The more hits they get, the better. Plus, they have no shame of any kind. These guys would sell their children.

I disagree with the Miller over Lack. They made the right decision.

As for sutter... I'm still in shock. I've said my stance enough. I'll let it go.

Poor cap management I have to agree with. Jem beanung can't count. He needs to review elementary school math.

As for the plan... Who knows. They say playoffs and retool... Its a complete mistake.

They had to buy at the deadline last year and push for the cup. JB stood pat other than acquiring Sven.

This off season... Again... Mind boggling moves and show 0 direction.

The time is now. The sedins are generational talents whether you like it or not. You don't rebuild when they are still at the top of their game.

Regardless of all this - the canucks are in my blood and they have my complete support. Lord Henrik and Daniel can carry this team to another cup before its all said and done.

Agree with article. Benning continually says one thing the goes and does the opposite. He continually gets fleeced on every trade he makes. His poor return and over payment for third and fourth line players. He has down graded this team at every position. he pays top dollAr and still includes ntc's with contracts. Gillis and Gilman must be laughing at the mess benning has made of a declining but good team and the terrible return he's gotten on the players he traded. Some here argue they understand bennings plan yet fail to explain what he's doing. get younger trade bonino clendening 2nd for 26 year old sutter. Trade 24 kassian for 31 Prust. Bring in Bart on d who in his late 20's. He says this team will be competative but has done nothing to improve the club in the two areas that have been an issue scoring and d. Currently there's no spot for jake v Sven will be on the second line. Some will blindly support and defend every poor decision others will support but see the through the inconsistency bordering on incompetence in what benning and linden are doing.

His plan is simple: 1. Get a few veterans who can teach all the new guys how to play with heart, grit and determination both on and off the ice for the next couple years as we transition. See what happens when there's no veteran presence? One only need to look at Edmonton. 2. Restock our prospect pool 3. Trade prospects/draft picks for already developing and close to developed players that can make the jump to NHL right away. 4. Move out veterans one by one when new guys are ready to take their place. 5. Upgrade players when possible. 6. Instill a hard working culture to the team.

I get it, I don't agree with all the moves Benning has made, but it's obvious to me what he's doing. What can't anyone else see it? He's done wonders with our forwards and next year he'll start working on defense.

Why would the Ducks want Burrows, exactly?

Old, half-broken, half-effective, very much slowed down....basically a shadow of his former self. Wouldn't be the worst thing except that he is penciled into the top line and makes double what you'd like to pay a player like that. I shudder to think of his continued decline. I really hope I am wrong, cause he fought hard this year and put together a decent season. Basically the bare minimum of what he needs to do be a contributor. If he can keep it at that level through his many remaining years I will be pretty amazed, and delighted.

But he did it looking old slow hurt and without any dynamism. The Burrows that scored that wrap-around OT goal is long gone. He was utterly useless in the playoffs. One of several guys that you didn't even hope would score cause it looked so unlikely. Then he tries to stir it up and injures himself. How many times this season did he do a lazy-a$s wrister into the crest and then go for a change?

I wouldn't know, but I really think no one wants him. Maybe not even if we kept salary.

Take the pills Apollo.

Come on man! When I bash JB for bad moves like Sutter u don't drink my kool aid and even when I support the team and say they're gonna win, you wont?

You will be come June 15th.

God damn Sutter again. Dude had 21 goals last year playing on the Penguins 3rd line. Did you guys see who was on the Penguins 3rd line last year? Hell I could have probably played on it. And of course he only had 12 assists. You try getting assists when you're passing it to a sack of potatoes. He's great at faceoffs (and in case you forgot we sucked donkey d at faceoffs last year), clutch as frack, and is a great leader. But yeah, no show Bonino is much bettter. Get real.

Sutter is way better than Bonino and it isn't even close. Trust me. I watched probably more Penguin games last year than I did Canuck games as the Penguins are my 2nd favorite team. Sutter is twice the player Bonino is.

Seriously... How fans around here and supposed professional journalists don't understand the direction of this team under Linden and Benning is simply mind boggling to me. I don't even know what to say lol.

I know, everywhere people are saying they can't understand the Canucks offseason.

Benning and Linden have stated what the plan is multiple times but people still can't get it through their heads.

They go quite when Vancouver sits third challenging for second in the west.

Archived