The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

interesting.. i'll read about that

The VIX in an index you can't trade it. But there are lots of products based off the VIX that you can VXX, TVIX, UVXY, SVXY. Check out a daily chart of TVIX  about $30-500.

Edited by nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Let me see. I make my living in the stock market. Turdeau is guaranteeing everyone’s wages. Does this mean he will cover my losses? Am I expecting to much?

No that's on you.  Your choice was to play the markets instead of being a wage slave.  Others don't have that option and they tend to be the backbone of the economy

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No that's on you.  Be a man and suck it up.  That's your life choice to play the markets instead of being a wage slave.  Others don't have that option and they tend to be the backbone of the economy

You can be so cruel. I think I was ill informed. Doesn’t that count for anything? Some companies are having their revenue guaranteed. I am self isolated over here in Maui. Lots of stress. It should be worth something? I tried to suck it up yesterday but the paper straw in my drink had gone soft. I am questioning my self worth. Do I play any role in society other than a source of income for the government?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Just chatting with our economist

bad economic data coming out of China

$&!# could get a lot worse

Every major airline is facing bankruptcy.  Major ports still closed.  The US port authorities are debating a demand for goods to sit in container off shore for ten days to two weeks and this on top of reports that the virus is coming back and infecting people again.

Oh man it's only just started

Just now, Boudrias said:

You can be so cruel. I think I was ill informed. Doesn’t that count for anything? Some companies are having their revenue guaranteed. I am self isolated over here in Maui. Lots of stress. It should be worth something? I tried to suck it up yesterday but the paper straw in my drink had gone soft. I am questioning my self worth. Do I play any role in society other than a source of income for the government?

See you had me, I'm a gig person being a photographer and I was told im on my own.

But you're in Maui and as such no sympathy.  I'm in Penticton, it's -1 here.  I'm on my third wedding cancellation for the year.

It is what it is.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

See you had me, I'm a gig person being a photographer and I was told im on my own.

But you're in Maui and as such no sympathy.  I'm in Penticton, it's -1 here.  I'm on my third wedding cancellation for the year.

It is what it is.

Sorry to hear about the cancellations. I was only trying to lighten a otherwise challenging day. Keep your social distance and stay safe.

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sorry to hear about the cancellations. I was only trying to lighten a otherwise challenging day. Keep your social distance and stay safe.

Don't be sorry.  I'm not.  I hate weddings.  I love bridesmaids.

But they pay well.  The gig economy is going to get broken irreparably.

Recessions make millionaires

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Just chatting with our economist

bad economic data coming out of China

$&!# could get a lot worse

Come on man, you consider these numbers bad?..........

china.jpg

The last three numbers are 'actual', 'expectation' and 'previous'.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Vintage 1